Samsung D840 / handset problem!

I brought a samsung d840 from wavetel chennai (Tambaram branch) in the month of march 07. The handset started giving me problem in a months time only. Since the handset was in warranty period I was promised a replacement in case it cannot be repaired. 2 weeks already and I have no clue of my handset. Wavetel says its with the samsung service center (Techno care) , and when I gave a call to the service center, they say the handset is not with them. Visibility into the system is zero. Now I have no clue as to where my handset is and when I will get to see it.

This leaves a very bad taste.

A  21st of Jul, 2007 by
I agree to that complaint as i am facing the same.

I bought a samsung D840 in month of April, 2007 and after just about one month it started giving me problems. I visited the samsung authorized care where it was given back just after 10 minutes with a promise that the problem has been fixed.

Now after 2 months the phone has again started giving the same problems and now when i visit the samsung care i am told that the parts of the phone are not available and so to visit next day. Since then i have visited 2 samsung service care but no one is in fact ready to accept my set for repair.

It seems that the set has some major problem and so even the set is discontinued n such a short period.

Now with no remedy 'm planning to file a complaint against the company in the court of law for the cheating they have committed against the people of india by manufacturing such defective sets and launching them in the market without even proper tests.

The company shall be made liable for the wrong they have done to the general public. I am further looking for people in delhi who has suffered problems from the sets of samsung and further their attitude to join me and file a complaint.

A  24th of Jul, 2007 by
Signed a new contract with Vodafone and chose the Samsung D840 - big mistake! The battery lasted 4 hours on standby. Fortunately, Vodafone replaced the handset. Four months later, the phone's speaker and ringer have ceased to function. I have only bought Samsung phones for the last six years but now I am forced to look into other manufacturers.

Samsung Electronics Logo Samsung Electronics