Samsung Blu-Ray Player BD_P1500 / defective unit

1 1409 Bonita Ave., Las Vegas, NV, United States Review updated:

Purchased a blu-ray player... That was defective out of the box. Husband called electrozone... Requesting an exchange... Was told no. That I had to call samsung. Than a few days later I called electrozone
When I continued to go over the same thing with the guy on the phone at electrozone... That I purchased the unit from electrozone and wanted an exchange... Like their return/exchange policy stated... I was laughed at and told... :you and your husband are making such a big deal about this... You only spent $196.
When I asked why he was blatently refusing to uphold their own 30 return policy I was told " I don't know... I don't know what to tell you.
Yes I got very upset and called the guy an f''in a'hole and that he would see me in court.
Weird thing.. About an hour later I got a phone call from a guy stating he was a vp of electrozone... Told me, he found out about what happened and that he wanted to help rectify the situation.
He was willing to send me a "recertified unit" because they didn't have anymore of that model brand new. That there was a "national shortage"
Unfortunately i'm cuttin my losses and sending the unit back to samsung not electrozone... Because I am scared I will end up out of a unit and my $196.

Comments

9th of Feb, 2009

My complaint is w/ Electrozone...NOT samsung...they are Scam artists.

18th of Feb, 2009

So Electrozone has now gone out of their way to try and rectify the situation that arose.
    They have replaced the defective unit and followed up to see if we were satisfied.
    I am just glad that this has been taken care of.