Sam's Wholesale Club/Discover / Security Protection Insurance

1 Fort Worth, TX, United States Review updated:

I have paid my Sam's Discover card on time for years, never questioning charges. I was laid off and had to go on their Program B /reduced payments for 6 mos. I began looking over my billing charges and discovered that since 2007 I have been being charged $58.63 MONTHLY for their added on "Security Protection Plan" - which I did not authorize. I immediately asked the representative about this charge and she said you need to call [protected] and asked for this to be cancelled. I told her: "I didn't ask for this plan and I did not authorize it". She informed me that she had nothing to do with this and it's a separate company from G E MONEY which is SAM'S CLUB/DISCOVER Credit Card. I can't believe they have been adding $58.63 to my bill MONTHLY! I called the 800 number and cancelled this and I told the person I spoke with that I never authorized this and wanted a refund all the way back to 2007. He said "when you ACTIVATED your card this was included in the activation". I said "I want this cancelled and I want a refund". He told me that they would not refund all the way back 2007 but that they would cancel it immediately. I want to know what I can do to get this fully refunded? I am very very upset about this; that's a lot of money that I feel they have stolen from me. Do I have the right to deduct this from my bill and not pay it?

Ja

Comments

• To
      3rd of May, 2009

Getting over the shock! I am getting married on May 9th and today the 3rd. The shock came when the lady I am marrying opened her Sam's Discover card. We had kept the balance on zero so we would have a clear card for expenses that we knew would be coming because of the wedding. The shock was that the credit limit which was $5, 500 had now be reduced to 680.00 without any explanation or warning. They said it was because of something on her credit report. WE checked all three credit bureau and there was nothing that would cause there to be a reason to lower the credit line. Isn't there something we can do about this? We are trying to decide what we are going to do with the predicament Are there any of you folks that can help us with. Sam's Club ad Discover shouldn 't be allowed to get away actions like these that increase the pressure an dstre=zs on common folk. If this is the kind of action we are going to get from the banks maybe the President needs to revisit this situation..
    A far as he wedding is concered we are playing by ear.