Sam's Clubmisrepresentation

I looked at a "Genuine Sheepskin "rug at Sam's Club. It was about 35" L x 30" wide, shaped like an animal skin with legs. The tag said it was Genuine Sheepskin from Australia and New Zealand. I was confused about how it could be from two countries at once. I then looked at the tag that was sewn onto the item and it said Made in China. Hmmmm. To me, the item did not feel like sheepskin, it felt like some other animal's fur. It was softer and whiter and finer than sheepskin. As I am aware of the practices the Chinese employ for obtaining animal skins, I would be very suspect that this skin was taken from a creature that was beaten, hanged and skinned alive. I find this extremely offensive and I'm very dissapointed that Sam's is only dedicated to cranking out the same cheap crap from China that we American's are addicted to and forced to buy.

Comments

• Us
      Dec 13, 2009

After all Sam's is china-mart, I mean Wal-mart in disguise . We all know how Wal-mart destroys towns all over America. You know, high cost of low prices. WAKE UP AMERICA, stop supporting china!

Jan 03, 2010

LMAO< It's economics 101

The pelts are from Australia, they are skinned there then they are shipped to a tannery in China. Tanneries are disgusting places, and why the pents are outsourced to China.

Jan 03, 2010

PS, As you can see from these pictures, my cats hate these pelts :)