Salvation Army / being lied to

Knoxville, TN, US Review updated:

I live in Knoxville TN and I went to the salvation army on 409 N. Broadway, Knoxville, TN, 37917 to ask about a bell ringing job. Luckily it was the day that they do the interviews. So I filled out the app and they asked about my criminal history, I told them it would take some explaining so they told me to write it on the back of the app, come back the next day and she would talk to me about it. Well I brought it back and they had me leave it on the desk and said they would call me back. Well, its been over a week with no call so I went in to ask what was going on and the lady who does the hiring refuses to even speak to me. I'm homeless and broke now because I was really counting on that job and they screwed me. Everyone but me was given work. I thought the salvation army was supposed to help people like me.

Ji
Dec 05, 2016

Comments

•   Dec 11, 2016

The bell-ringer job involves working with cash so if you have a criminal past involving drugs, larceny, fraud, B&E, embezzlement, bad cheques, etc. it is obvious you would be disqualified.