Salute Visa Credit Card / Fraudulent company

While trying to rebuild my credit after filing bankruptcy due to divorce, I decided to try this company to try and rebuild my credit. I figured they were honest and trustworthy, however, after a year of service, it has been a complete nightmare! They change your interest rates on a monthly basis. Their finance charges should be criminal and their annual fee of $150.00 which they failed to disclose when first getting my card (It was a much lower rate when I opened the account) and changed without notifying me. After they take all of your money and charge you out the rear, they will throw all of these other charges in to make you go over your credit limit or wait to cash your check until after the due date so they can add late charges. I have so much documentation on this company. This company should be shut down and I will do everything in my power to help do that so no one has to suffer the nightmare and financial stress I had to endure with this company. Please to all who read, pass this along, please stay away from this company. They are not trying to help you rebuild your credit. They are soley taking your money and in a criminal and unethical way. Please research the company and make sure they have been established for a long time and truly read reviews. I wished I had.

Va

Comments

• Da
      7th of Nov, 2008

I completely agree with you statement you had made about the Salute credit card company. Then, they take away all of your credit privaleges and they don't even notify you as to why they did it. This is horrible and yes, I think if your trying to rebuild your credit, just as I am as well, we should definetely look into the companies we choose from now on. :(

• Do
      11th of Nov, 2008

I have had a acct with this company for over 2 years. Now that the economy is down theses company are doing whatever they can to close your acct. I was in good standing, I was charged my annual fee, and I was over the limit by 1.50 (yes a dollar and fifty cents). I mad a payment online the very next day for 100.00, check to see if it had posted to my available credit and it hadn't. I called and the rep advised me that my acct was closed for being over the limit. I then inquired more and she advised that Salute is no longer in business and thats why my card was closed. I did more inquiry and she told me that it was the banks policy, that once you go over your limit your acct is closed. I advised her that I didn't beileve her and asked for the banks number, which she would not give me. I truly believe that they are closing accts for no reason, and it becasue of the economy downfall. However I will not stop here, I will keep on until they reactivste my card or give me a real explanation.

• Li
    49 Barker Avenue
    Pennsylvania
    Phone: 610-461-8927
    macnightfive@aol.com

After making my October payment, I receiveda letter that they were closing out my card and I will just continue to pay off the card. Since I have been making my payments on line I'm not sure why this happened. When I tried to cancel some of the added fees they told me I could not do this and the annual fee has been charged. I would appreciate them returning the extra fees paid in advance.