Salute Visa / Unethical/Unlawful

1 United States

This credit card company has unethical business practices. It is a company out of India. I moved and provided ALL OF MY CREDIT CARD companies with a change of address to ensure that I receive my statements at my new address. I didn't receive the SALUTE VISA statement. So, I called to pay by phone (so the payment would not be late) but could not get anyone who spoke English on the phone. When I called to DEMAND to speak to someone in ENGLISH to make a payment they kept hanging up on me. One person called me a "racist" when I could not understand them and asked to please speak to someone in English. I don't understand how asking for someone who speaks my native language-- a "racist?" They finally transferred me to someone who said "we just closed your account and there is nothing you can do about it." I NEVER PAID LATE. Moreover, I was TRYING TO PAY MY PAYMENT! Be very careful when signing up for credit cards--especially ones that originate outside the Americas. Not all of the companies have ethical practices or follow U. S. laws. They "CLOSED MY ACCOUNT" without notice (unlawful) which has created a derogatory on my credit bureau report. My FICO score dropped dramatically! I regret EVER accepting this company's credit card offer! Their inability to provide proper customer service has financially harmed me!

Sh