Salute & Tribute Credit Cards / Account Closed LEGAL QUESTIONS

1 tiggernave@hotmail.comOR, United States Review updated:

I was issued a credit card with both companies. Oh, sure there were all the start up fee's and outrageous interest but rebuilding your credit was worth it, right? I paid on time every month and had several credit increases during my time with them. Then earlier this year was informed that my salute card was cancelled, because I actually made a payment over 30 days they were within their rights to cancel my card?!? I was even informed of the cancellation AFTER I made the rather large payment!! Trust me had I known the card was cancelled I certainly would have only paid the minimum!! Now today I look at my tribute account and it doesnt appear to be active, I call and am informed that I went over my limit, and the Bank reviewed my account and decided to close it!! I mean really?!? They (Tribute) even have on file in February I initiated a claim against a creditor who had falsely taken $$ for the last 6 mos, helping create the over limit issue?!?, but the dispute department states they did not receive the FORMS, of course NOT, it isnt in their interest ?!?

I NEED HELP!! I CAN NOT HAVE THIS ON MY CREDIT?!? IS THERE SOMETHING LEGAL I CAN DO...ANY ADVICE PLEASE!!

Comments

• Wh
      31st of Mar, 2009

send this information to your state congressman. congress is currently enacting legislation that will go into affect in july of 2010. that will have many changes with the credit card industry.including what you just described.