Salute Credit Card / i was wrongfully charged for this id theft protection and would like the money you took from my account

1 1701 N Fairgrounds #1903Midland, TX, United States Review updated:
Phone: 4322623553

I was wrongfully charged for this id theft protection service worth 20, 000 dollars and i would like to have the money back in my account that you took

Comments

• Il
      30th of Jul, 2008

When I cxd my account today... money was stolen from salute credit card payment online... i will find them... they are a scam taking people's money!!!

• Is
      17th of Sep, 2008

i also have been riped off by salute card i had to find the number because it was punched out on the back of card. it took over 3 months to get the card from them and when i did recieve it the card was cancelled. i finally got in contact with Urban Bank Trust who owns Salute card and had it activated only to have them cancel my card two weeks later. i never recieved a statement or a bill when the canceled it. when i called the overseas customer service line i was told i was over my limit by 30.00! i asked for a manager and was told i could not speak to one that one would call me back, i have yet to get a call back and now this card is on my credit report. i never got a chance to use my card. i have another card with Urban Bank which i pay on time faithfully. i was told i had to not only pay the card off but also an annual fee that i never had the chance to pay because they canceled the card after less then two weeks of me having it. this company is scamming urban community customers who are trying to rebuild their credit they are causing even more damage. i will continue to complian and write about what happen to me in the hopes it will not happen to anyone else and they are held accountable for their shady business practices.

30th of Sep, 2008

This company is a RIP OFF! I got their card with a $70 credit limit to start. Made a small purchase, and paid it via money 2 weeks before the due date. I had agreed that they may deduct payments from my checking account, but assumed that would not be the case if payment was made by other means. I checked and they had received the money order, and credited it to my account, and increased my credit limit to $100. I then made a $74 purchase. A week later I received a card saying that I was over my limit. When I called their rude, hard to under stand, customer service rep; they explained that I owed $151. WTF ! I was told that they attempted to take money from my bank account, (after they had already received payment) and when this was declined, they charged me a $35 fee. This in turn put me over my $100 limit, so they tacked on another $25. It took 4 calls in which I was told each time that I would be contacted within one business day each time, (no calls came), and when they did call, all they would say was "you authorized us to take the money from your bank account". I personally think what they are doing is criminal.

• Ne
      8th of Oct, 2008

I JUST READ THE COMPLAINTS. I JUST RECEIVED A SALUTE GOLD CARD LAST WEEK IN THE MAIL. I WAS TOLD TO SEND IN $30 ACTIVATION FEE, I WAS INFORMED THAT UNTILL THAT PAYMENT I WON'T BE ABLE TO ACTIVATE UNTILL THE FUNDS ARE POSTED AND CLEAR. NOW ABOUT FIVE DAYS LETTER I RECEIVE THIS LETTER STATING; IT HAS BEEN AN ERROR WITH THE P O BOX MAILNG SO THE PAYMENT MIGHT COME BACK OR IT MAY TAKE LONGER TO ARRIVE. I WS IN QUESTION ABOUT THAT. I CALLED THE REPRESENTATIVE AND ASKED HER WHAT IS GOING ON WITH MY MONEY OUT THERE SOMEWHERE. AT THE SAME TIME SHE WAS EXPLAINING BUT I COULDN'T UNDERSTAND NOTHING SHE WAS SAYING. SO NOW I AM REALLY SCARED BECAUSE I DON'T NEED TO BE SCAMED. WHAT SHOULD I DO KNOW?

• Ha
      27th of Oct, 2008

stay away from this card, run away as fast as you can. i made three times the amount of my minimum payment every month. when i paid on line, they took forever to clear the payment. when i sent a money order, they purposely waited until after the due date to process the payment even tho it was sent up to two weeks before it was due. they are BAD BAD NEWS.

• Ty
      27th of Oct, 2008

I was also wrongfully charged for this card. As a matter of fact I didnt even purchase or apply for thuis card and I would like every penny you took out of my bank account into my bank account

• Ro
      30th of Oct, 2008

I've never been late on a payment to Salute and the one time I key in an extra number for a payment Salute runs the card up to $800 in charges then says they've canceled the card. I had a confirmation number for payment and today talking to a so called supervisor they said the account is cancelled. Warning to others stay away from this company!!!

• Ta
      2nd of Nov, 2008

I also have a salute card...errrrr...make that had one. I originally accepted this card. Not being an American Citizen, I wished to build a credit rating within this Country. Having worked in the banking industry in my home country of Australia, I asked was it acceptable for me to be issued this card...to which I was advised...YES!!! I was given a $ 500 credit limit. After several months they automatically raised this limit to $ 750. I have always paid on time online before the due date, and my payment has been more than the minimum requested. Yesterday, I received a letter in the mail from Salute, advising me my card has been canceled. It also advised that I would receive a monthly statement, until the balance and all fees have been paid in full. There was *NO* explanation as to why my card had been canceled. I tried for over 3 hours to contact Customer Service Division to find out *WHY* as my payments have *NEVER* been late and I wasn't over my credit limit. My main concern...*does this now go on my credit report showing I'm a credit risk*??? My advice to anyone receiving a call from this Company...*HANG-UP*...don't even listen to what they have to say, otherwise...You'll be in the same situation as each and everyone of us on this board...

• Ji
      2nd of Nov, 2008

I just got through to Slaute and found out that my card, with $1000 limit, has been cancelled, because Salute bank is ceasing operations and all Salute cards have been cancelled.

• Ta
      2nd of Nov, 2008

Thank you for posting on the board Jim. I'd been trying most of the day to get through. I can accept the situation that Salute is ceasing operations, however, it would have been respectful of them to inform all those who perhaps received a letter notifying us our credit cards have been canceled, and the reason why...

• Na
      3rd of Nov, 2008

Please Please Please let us ALL come together. SALUTE will still be charging ALL of us a 9.95 monthly service fee and guess what??? They have closed our account and are not offering us a service any longer.

I spoke with my STATE ATTORNEY GENERALS OFFICE and filed a complaint. There is power in numbers folks. They have charged us annual fee's and monthly fee's that they are not entitled to. PLEASE CONTACT your state attorney general's office and file complaints.

After what we have all seen that has been going on with Banks and the credit market should we sit back and allow this? NO NO NO

EMAIL ME AND I WILL HELP YOU WITH THE COMPLAINT AS WELL We may have a strong case with a class action law suit.

• Ap
      5th of Nov, 2008

what happens to money left over on credit card after they cancelled it?!

5th of Nov, 2008

I just got in touch with Salute after checking my account it said I had a 43.00 balance but no available credit! The lady who could hardly speak english told me they had cancelled my card because it had been discontinued. What a crock these people are crooks!

• Ji
      7th of Nov, 2008

I just spoke with them again. I would be very interested in participating in class action against them. They are going to continue to charge fees, will not refund activation or yearly fees, and worst of all they will be monthly reducing the credit limit reported to 3 bureaus which increases credit usage % and makes it look like I have been over limit when high balance and credit limit are compared. I am paying mine off now, but if you continue to make payments instead of paying in full, that account will ned up showing a credit limit of whatever amount you have left when you make that last payment. Many will end up with what appears to have been a $20 credit limit account on their reports for years, and there will be no history of the orignal credit limit with them. They should have just closed the accounts and left the credit limit alone. You can't use the card anyway, no matter what limit they are reporting to bureaus. Of coursem they person I spoke with said none of this will affect our credit scores or reports. Well, it already has affected mine as of today's reporting. The perceived higher % of usage dropped my score a few points.

• Ka
      8th of Nov, 2008

I have also been sent the notice that my credit card has been cancelled. My annual payment just came out in August. ask for the right person you will get your way. My annual fee has since been reversed after speaking to 4 people.Good luck on getting your fees back. Also to NANN my monthly fee is just 6.oo a month.

• Em
      10th of Nov, 2008

Does anyone have a good number? I have tried calling several times (800-708-9050) and I get a fast busy signal. I also would like for them to refund my annual fees that were just charged to my account in August. Also, does anyone know if this will happen with the Tribute card? I believe that these cards are connected in some way. I have a feeling that I will be getting a letter from Tribute in the near future.

• Pe
      3rd of Mar, 2009

Salute just got screwed me big time. I would like any information on how to go after them.
    thanks