Salute Credit Card Company / cancelled my card for no reason--still charging maitenance AND interest FEES!!!

1 PO Box 11802Newwark, NJ, United States Review updated:
Phone: 877-846-0043

I have maintained my account with this company for 2 years--never late paying my bill and ALWAYS paying more than statement amount. They closed my acount with no explanation 3 months ago, but continue to charge me INTEREST and MAINTENANCE FEES. I do not feel that this is fair business practice and I want a refund of my money. I have already sought legal representation.

Comments

• Ka
      24th of Dec, 2008

I am in the very same cituation and would like to no what you did if anything about it? I feel that they are trying to get much more than we owe because we can't pay in full. Are you still paying monthly? Your complaint made me think about my debt and what I should do. Keep paying or stop.

28th of Jan, 2009

they stopped all credit cards for all that had them. but they still charge interest and monthly fees...ON WHAT??? a card that is dead!! i think they are getting by with murder. please someone stop them. i have contacted the attoney general in my state.

• Cl
      29th of Jan, 2009

I opened an account 2 months ago, and because I was 4.00 over they closed my account even though I made a payment immediately and brought the account under the limit. Salute never contacted me about closing my account. I called and was told that my account was closed for being over the limit and could not be re-activated this company makes money from the annual fee, and high interest rates. NEVER AGAIN!!!

• Sh
      25th of Mar, 2009

I am in the very same cituation and would like to no what you did if anything about it? I was never late on my bill. I had this account for 3 years. I always keep them in good standers but, now they want you to pay the bill all at once. I really dont think it is legal for us to be paying on a credit card that we can not use. i am looking into seeking an attorney on this matter. shon

• Br
      11th of Oct, 2009

I had a wreck and lost my job and was unable to pay my bill on time. Now that I am financially straight I would like to see if I may reopen my credit card.(5259830023642884) 07/10. I know it had been a long time since I was able to speak to anyone but I have had a long recovery. If you can help me in any way I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.Brian McNeely

• Ke
      20th of Nov, 2009

We have been paying all these fees that we would normally pay on an open account. We did nothing wrong and they arbitrarily closed our account almost 1 year ago and the minimum payment they ask for is below what they are charging for closed accounts so if you pay the minimum, the balance will only go up and todays times/this is implorable. What can we do? Do we have to abide by their rules in order to save our credibility? Ken Abel/Washington state.