Salute Credit Card / Untheical Practices

Two years ago I closed this account because they charged me an annual fee which put my credit card over the limit. I cut up the card and sent it back to them and asked them to remove the annual fee. They closed the account but took out the annual fee in increments over the next few months causing my account to be continually over the limit and each month charged me an overlimit fee of $35.00. Consequently I was always overlimit. This has been going on for two years now and I now have a balance of over $800.00 because of their charging me a monthly overlimit fee of $35.00. I have made my $30.00 payment faithfully every month while continuing to try to get them to remove the overlimit charges, but they haven't. I have the payments automatically deducted from the checking account so they are always on time and for the amount agreed upon, but this month they had the nerve to take a whopping $411.09 from my checking account!!! That was it for me. I am not giving them another dime. I have paid them over $700 over the past two years and they haven't given me credit for any of it. Isn't there something someone can do about this? I hate to have this ruin my credit but I just can't go on paying this.

Comments

• Da
      5th of Dec, 2008
    Salute Credit Card - unfair pratices
    salute credit card
    Taunton
    Massachusetts

I can't believe all the fees they charged and then cancelled everyone. I was on the phone with them 2 days before I got the notice the represenative never even offered a word of the accounts being terminated but they took my money. This is disgraceful how do they get away with this. I am still being charged fees even though the accounts was closed by them.

• Fa
      23rd of Jan, 2009
    Salute Credit Card - cancelling card without notice
    Salute Gold
    El Paso
    Texas
    mysalutecard.com

I have been with this company for about six months and i've been making payments on time. They cancelled my account with them without any notice to me after i made a payment this month. I think they need to give me my money back. i don't think its fair for them to do this to people.

• Be
      25th of Jan, 2009

They also cancelled my credit card to with out warning. I had been paying on time most of the time I paid more than I was suppose to. They even raised my credit 2 times. I was with them for over a year.I am not happy at all.I do'nt understand how they can do this.

31st of Jan, 2009

The same situation just happened to me on 1-30-09. I didn't find out until I went to check my available credit. I haven't recieved a warning notice about cancellation. It is unfair.

• Sc
      3rd of Feb, 2009

Same here. I noticed Friday(01/30/09) that my credit limit and avalable credit had dropped to $0.00. My minimum payment was also $0.00. On Saturday (01/31/09) Everything was still zero except I have a $4.95 balance because I paid my bill on line.

Today (02/03/09) I received a notice that my card has been cancelled. Nice. I finally got my credit rating up to 668, which is quite an improvement from where I started. I wonder what this will do to my score credit score?

I'll pay the $4.95 and be done with it, but what an unethical company!

• Je
      7th of Feb, 2009
    Salute Credit Card - yearly fee
    7120 nottingham
    st louis
    Missouri

I just so happened to check my balance this weekend to see a yearly fee of $87.50 then received a notice TODAY that they are cancelling my card and services... How is it possible to charge a yearly fee for the next year and not provide the services!!!?????? I cannot believe this!? Then to cancel the services in a letter AFTER they already stopped the card is ridiculous!? Is anyone else as mad as I am????

13th of Feb, 2009
    Salute Credit Card - account closed
    urban trust bank

Perfect payment history than givin credit line increase one month later account closed. Need to join with the thousands of others out there and start a class action lawsuit. This affects my credit in a negative way. Any good attorneys?

Call me

Andrew
    866-946-6616

• Cj
      20th of Feb, 2009

I agree.. because i called them and talked with someone about my account they claimed it was because I was late one time in october.. Yet when i further asked questions i then found out they were on the verge of bankruptcy. So I asked about the monthly fees charged and finance charges.. they said they will still charge the monthly fees on a closed account cause there is still a balace owed. and will not even offer me a settlement because i am still in good standing. so what they are saying I have to let it go bad to get a settlement. Yet they closed the account on me. just confused about it all.

• Ta
      27th of Mar, 2009
    Salute Credit Card - account closure/phone harassment
    Salute
    1440 Forum Dr. Apt. 112
    Rolla
    Missouri
    Phone: 573-368-5851

I had a card with salute. They dropped the program, & I think we should have refunded what was paid since. Also, they have been calling my cell phone & harassing my family about money owed. I didn't give them my cell number & I want them to STOP!!!

• Tr
      27th of Mar, 2009

YOU KNOW HOW YOU GET THEM TO STOP I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM WITH PREMERE BANK SAYING I HAD A CARD WITH THEM I GOT TIRED OF THEM CALLING ALL THE TIME SO IT IS FUNNY YOU DONT HAVE TO DO IT BUT I TOLD THEM HE DIED LAST NIGHT AND THEN I GAVE THEM A LECKSURE ON HOW IT WAS A BAD TIME HEHE THEY HAVENT CALLED SINCE LOL

• Ri
      24th of Apr, 2009

Yes I agree, I was paying on time and they just shut me off I just thought it was me. It is unfair that they charge us $4.95 to make a payment and a 6.00 maintance fee what are they maintancing.

• Ca
      2nd of May, 2009

I make my payments (sometimes more than the minimum) to this company but my balance keeps going up! If I knew how to start a class action suit against Salute, I would. Anyboy else on board with this?

• Sm
      26th of May, 2009

Yes-- I used my credit card insurance (that I purchased with the company) for a disability that I sustained in Aug 08. I was approved. Up until my disability, I was an excellent customer. They refused to remove late fees/overlimit fees. Only supposedly paid one payment. But if you look at what I am behind (one month according to their records-- think about the date of aug to present), none of it make sense-- like most of the ones on this site-- can't get someone on the phone that actually speaks english well enough-- they go by a script and can't answer any questions.----- ready t0 file lawsuit---I am will to pay what I owe-- but none of the bogus fees----

• Ro
      7th of Aug, 2009

I was paying up to when they closed the account without notice and started adding more fees for maintenance. The month when they had the wrong adress on the envelope I had already sent it in and they didnt get it so late fee started. I refuse to pay these fees and yes they are charging a monthly account maintenance fee, late fee and overpayment. This is bull and someone needs to stop them!

• Sk
      2nd of Sep, 2009

Some one please let me know what is going on with this card-Why are they cancelled with out telling anyone. They are still charging a maintance fee and it is not fair.I agree there should be a law suit against them.

• 0 Votes

Company keeps going under different names. First Salute, then Aspen, now Tribute. Salute happened last year and Aspen this year. I have a Capitol one and Chase now but lost 32 points at the credit bureau because acct good pay history gone once paid off and the company reports as closed by the credt grantor, so it looks like I'm a bad risk when I really pad on time.

• To
      22nd of Jan, 2010

same ting here...perfect history, credit line increase, then...sorry, no account !!!

• He
      20th of May, 2010

Even tho the card was cancelled for no reason, I pay the account on time. Every week I get an harrassing phone call saying I am late with a payment which is not true. They were told not to call again, and they still do it which is against the law in NJ. They are also told NOT to call employers, family, etc. and they cannot do that either. I've gotten to the point where I'm not paying any more money to them. Take me to court if you want to and I'll have a lot to say about this rip-off outfit.

23rd of Sep, 2010

I have been getting calls from them for the last 3 weeks, and I don't ever remember having a card from them. They said the card account was canceled in 2008, but that I am behind a couple of payments. I have never even got a bill from them. When I asked them to send me a bill, they said it would cost me $5. I told them I wasn't paying anything until I got a bill, because I do not have an account that is closed that has not been paid, except for the ones going thru CCC. So, I'll see what happens. Isn't there anything I can do so they quit calling me???