Salt Lake Valley Protective Agency / Inability to Pay Employees

1 1370 S. West TempleSalt Lake City, UT, United States Review updated:
Phone: (801)485-3100

Okay, so I am a now, former employee of Salt Lake Valley Protective Agency. I am posting this complaint because of their inability to keep funds in their accounts to properly pay their employees! I went to the branch of Mountain America Credit Union to cash my check, and it was rather swiftly declined due to there being NO money in their account at all! Is this not against Federal, and State labor laws? I am ready to file a suit against them in small claims court for every penny that I am owed! If you're considering applying there, I suggest looking elsewhere.

Cr

Comments

• Fo
      10th of Feb, 2010

read this thread to find others whom have said some similar things

• Co
      4th of Mar, 2010

I'm surprised they're still open. I don't understand how. I guess it's because they just keep bringing new people in the door and convince them for a few months that it's just a glitch or temporary. Then those people get fed up and quit, but there is already a new batch through the door. I don't understand how a company with that many BIG clients can't afford to cover their employees checks. It shouldn't just be potential employees that care about this, potential clients should care too. If everyone that works for the security company you hire is never paid on time, usually new because of the turnover, hates their job because of all of the above -- do you REALLY think they are going to do a great job or put in any EXTRA effort? Nope, it's just going to be the bare minimum to get by until they can find a job where their checks don't bounce.

• Cr
      8th of Aug, 2010

Easy, they cheated and screwed their employees out of every penny the people that busted their backsides to work! I recently passed by their building on 1370 S. West Temple, it's closed down, all their cars are gone, and any property of theirs is nowhere to be found! They tucked their tails between their legs and ran like cowards! I fully intend to find each, and every one of their management staff, and see that they are prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law! I was nearly arrested for their crimes! And I know that these people don't care what cruel things they did to their former employees. Some of those men and women have families to support, and they did NOTHING to fix things! Redefininf professionalism!? Yeah right! Bunch of lies and deceit

• Si
      15th of Oct, 2010

If your looking for a job at Salt Lake Valley aka WANNABE COPS, dont waste your time. I worked for them almost two months, haven't got paid yet. I received 3 checks from this company ALL BAD CHECKS. Till this day those @hole still give me the run around. But if you still like to try them out go right ahead but get ready to work for free.