Salon Doriano - Fishkill, NY / Hair and cloth were ruined!

I had my hair permed on July 14th at Salon Doriano in Fishkill, NY. The girl who did my hair initially seemed to not know what she was doing at all. The perm didn't really take. When I got home and looked in the mirror after my hair had dried, I called the salon and was told to return. Stephanie, "Tiara" as she called herself, argued with me at first and then got the owner who agreed that the perm was not done right. He helped the girl perm my hair again at no charge. After a few days the perm on top of my head has flattened out and my hair is extremely dried out from all the chemicals. In addition to being there for a total of 6 hours and sitting through 2 perms, my pants and shirt were ruined from the chemicals that dripped all over me. The girl was extremely sloppy, not to mention rude. The owner, Doriano, was very apologetic and I believe did attempt to correct the problem. I have sent him an email and pictures of my hair and ruined clothing and I am hopeful that he will offer to reimburse me for my hair as well as my clothing. I will e mail you a follow up if he contacts me. Thank you!

Comments

19th of Oct, 2006

I agree this salon is horrible! They do not listen to what you say when you want a hair cut...rather start snipping away and you end up with a BAD HAIRCUT!!!
    Do NOT go to this salon - save yourself the embarassment!

• El
      20th of Oct, 2006

Doriano is the rudest person that I have ever encountered. It's actually quite funny that he is the owner of this so called "salon". He treats his customers like he styles hair - LIKE CRAP! I, with these others, am going to save you the costly, uneven, joke of a hair style/color/cut/perm that you could receive and say don't step foot inside this "salon". And if ypu don't take this advice, you will just know to leave when you see the appearance of his staff!

• Ir
      27th of Oct, 2006

I was really surprised to find these complains as I believe that Doriano is the best hair stylist in the area. I tried to find a decent hair salon in the area for couple of years and was very frustrated with the results - they all stink, but ... one day I just stopped at Doriano's - and he really surprised me with great quality of his work. I love this place and his work. He is the only one who does my hair but all girls there look like nice girls without attitude.

Me and my daughter have been using this salon for more than a year and highly satisfied with his work and service.

Sure, some bad things may happen in every salon, but I cannot believe that Doriano was rude - he is very polite person and I have never heard any bad word from him during all my visits.

6th of May, 2007

I love dorianos and he is also a very nice young man. I have been going there for a very long time now and never had any problems. I love this salon and its like a second home for me. I love everyone that works there they treat you like family. I also love his kid, he is a very nice young man and he is just like his father. I love this salon with all my heart and soul and find that this salon is a very good place to go and have you hair done. If you ever need a place to get your hair done get it done there.

*Kibble*

6th of May, 2007

Ok, "kibble" you are extremely creepy and you seem like you are stalking this man doriano and his family. Also let's keep the religious quotes from Rev Run to a minimum level, thank you. Any way i believe this salon is very average and that incident could happen to anyone. Don't let that young stylist ruin this salon's reputation.

6th of May, 2007

Elena, im sorry in inform you that im not stalking this man and his family. However, im just trying to get my point across that this man Doriano is a very nice person and so is his family. Third salon may have its down falls and incidents but i also feel that they do, do a very wonderful job on hair. I have never encountered any problems while being at this salon. Im very sorry for the people that have but i think they should give this salon another try and if they dont want to then at least they now know that this salon isnt quite what they were looking for. This salon may not be for everyone or what they may be looking for but it is for a few. Oh and Elena i am a religious person and i absolutely adore Rev Run he is a great man whom i look up to sometimes.

*Kibble*

6th of May, 2007

Elena if you would like to continue with this heated discussion please feel free to reach me at kibble@aol.com
    I will not continue with this discussion through this website.

Have a nice life Elena. Ggod bless you and your soul.

*kibble*

• Wy
      8th of May, 2007

Ladies, ladies, ladies... it's only a salon...

• Ro
      10th of May, 2007

Doriano is a sexual predator. He preys on drunk young women, this is not a joke or a lie. Please beware of this sex offender living in our town. It is a shame that this man lives here and does what he does. Spread the word of this disgusting man and please dont give him any business. I dont know if he is married or has a girlfriend, but he committed these acts while in a relationship. so just a warning to anyone who is in a relationship with him now. SPREAD THE WORD.

16th of May, 2007

I am 17 years old and had a very upsetting experience at Salon Doriano. He told me to come into the back to get my hair died but when I got back there it was just a closet where he tried to rape me. Luckily I got away but you should listen to Ronny Dipps. Don't go in there ever!!!

16th of May, 2007

Just kidding about that but they did mess my hair up!!!

• Ro
      17th of May, 2007

This is a very serious thing. I know one of the girls that he has done this to little over a year ago, and she is horrified whenever his name is said. This girl at the time was easily young enough to be his daughter, she was drunk and he deliberately took advantage of her. Take it how ever you want, but i think this is a serious matter that needs to be brought out for others to know. I am doing all i can to educate people about this man.

• Sh
      2nd of Jan, 2008

I find that everyone at Doriano's is very nice and accommodating. Doriano tends to be inconsistent with the haircuts that I get although I love how he cuts my hair most of the time. Although the girls there are very nice, they are sloppy. I have to dress for the occasion, every top that I have worn there has been ruined from color. I ask them to tightly wrap the cape around my neck and still, it never fails. I feel like a guinea pig that they are learning on me and I'm paying top dollar for it.

• Ni
      5th of Feb, 2008

Personally i hate hate hate this salon. ive gone twice thinking the first time maybe i didn't state what i wanted cearly.. it came out horrible the second time the cut my hair like they have never cut anyones hair before.. they made my bangs look that worst i ever seen them.. i asked for side bangs and she cut them so thin and so werid they were just sticking up .. it was horrible.. even my friend was like wtf did the do?? I will never go back there again for what the price was. I dont agree anyone knows what tehre talking about if they say they have gotten a decent cut tehre cause there is no such thing..

• Li
      5th of Feb, 2008

This salon should hire people that cut hair. Not former stop & shop butchers.

I sent my daughter their for a hair cut and tips frosted. She came home, I asked her if a child cut her hair. Stay away! Go to Marlene Weber salon in Poughkeepie & Millrook they do what you want.

lirat

• Th
      22nd of Apr, 2008

I stumbled upon Doriano's about four months ago. I have been to alot of salons in the area, and was not getting the haircut I wanted. I walked in one day just to get a simple haircut for me and my daughter, I found Courtney. She knows how to cut hair, is very personable and honest. I know nothing about Mr. Doriano, or his coloring techinic's, but I do know if you ask for Courtney you WILL get tyhe cut you desire. I have not had any coloring, perms so I cannot comment on that. I hope this helps people out there that are undecided.

• Je
      9th of Jun, 2008

I came across this while doing research and I am VERY surpirised about what is being said about Salon Doriano AND Doriano himself. I am a previous client and I have always felt that they do a GREAT job there... I also have never known Doriano to be a sex offender, thats CRAZY! Please don't listen to things that you find on the internet. Looks like Jaded women to me!!

20th of Sep, 2008

I have known Doriano since he was just a stylist at a salon in Yorktown, NY.I would drive down there just to get my haircut long after i no longer was employed in that area.I was excited to find out that he opened a salon up here in Dutchess County. I wont go anywhere else, its the only place that you can go to and tell them how you want your hair done and its done that way. I cant imagine anyone would let someone start cutting their hair b/4 they've finished explaining how they want it done. This nonsense about Doriano being a sexual predator, are you insane.what? did you hit on him and he turned you down, so this is the venue you use to try and ruin someone personally and professionally? All the stylists that i have ever had the pleasure of cutting my hair have been nothing but courteous and professional and they strive to cut and style your hair the way you want it. I also know that the stylists are constantly trained on all the latest styles and techniques and products almost weekly b/c myself and a friend of mine and other clients have been asked to come into the salon after hours when major companies such as revlon and others (too many to name) needed people(hair) to train the stylists on these new products and techniques. This salon is cutting edge and not for people looking for the latest bowl cut-hit the salon at the mall for that.

• Wf
      22nd of Jun, 2009

I have Known Doriano for 15 years. I cannot belive what these people are saying about him. He is not a predator. I can bet this one was rejected or a friend was rejected by him. My wife had worked for him for ten years .During those ten years she had stayed after work for classes, been at partys at his house. She has known all the girls that had worked for him in those ten years that she was there and Doriano has ALWAYS showed nothing but respect for her and the girls he had employed . My wife didnt leave because any wrong doing she just wanted to do her own thing. She had learned a great deal from him. and she wouldnt be in the position she is in today if it wasnt for Dave and Doriano. My wife was always proud to say she worked for Doianos. could it be posible some people have recieved a bad cut from one of his employees, Sure but dont say the guy is something he is not. He is a gentalmen in my book.
    Mark

• Nw
      3rd of Feb, 2010

I am completely paranoid about getting my haircut. The first time I went to Salon Doriano it was to check it out at which time Val gave me the grand tour, heard my horror stories from previous salons and gave me her assessment as to which stylist she felt would match what I was looking for.

I had my hair styled by Amanda and it was never anything less than perfect. She always did exactly what I asked her to. People also need to understand that you can't bring in a photo of a celebrity and expect the exact same results. If I brought in a picture which Amanda felt wouldn't work because my hair texture or length wasn't the same, she would honestly tell me. I've been to so many salons where they lie to you and end up ruining your hair. That didn't happen here.

I have since moved out of Dutchess County and I miss Amanda terribly. If I didn't live so far away, I would drive there to continue to receive the best hair styling I've ever had.