Sally Hansen / Poor customer service

My daugther bought one of the french manicure kits from target. The kit consists of a white nail polish and a pink nail polish. When she opened the box to take the polish out the bottles broke. They were pacakged so tight that they just cracked there was glass and nail polish every where a total mess.

I email the company sally hansen 3 times. I wanted a refund my daugther spent her allowance on this and deserved her money back. I had the product and the reciepts. Finally after forwarding three times I was told they would mail me an envelope to send the product back once received my daugther would get her money. this never happened. I called emailed again nothing. horrible customer service!! I will never use thier product again. to not even acknowledge someones email is just poor service.

Va

More Sally Hansen Complaints & Reviews

Comments

31st of Mar, 2009

Yeah about Sally Hansen product they're horrible I bought this hair removal wax and the wax strips it did damages to my skin it peeled my skin off and i got scab on my face cuz of that product it says it sticks to the hair not to the skin but I found out it's the other way around cuz the hair is not all of it gone abut after waxing I felt burs and it hurt then the next day I sow it's cuz it peeled my skin off it was horrible I took some pictures and emailed them too. I would NEVER EVER BUY their product again they shouldn't be selling those wax anymore that does damages to people skin I've used other wax before that never happened to me, and I used 2 of Sally Hansen products and they both hurt my skin and didn't remove the hair totally.

18th of Mar, 2010
    Sally Hansen - I don't reccommend this
    Sally Hansen

I'm just like you. I saw the nail art pen, and I wondered, "Is that stuff any good? Because it looks really fun!" So I got the black one. Well, it does have a fine tip. And it does draw pretty nice, easy to use, etc. I'm not really *pissed* but I'm not neutral. It's not like they said "Thick, luscious, hard as nails drawing pen!" But I would have expected more from Sally Hansen.

Pretty much, you draw it on, and then it slides all over the place. Like bacon grease, or butter: You know when you put it's sitting in the hot pan, and you try to put an even layer around the pan, but then it just gathers into piles of liquid? That's what this stuff is like. I did one nail tip with it, and before I was even done, it'd pooled together in the middle of the polish blob.

I tried shaking it more, putting it on in different ways, whatever. It didn't get any better. I noticed that it does pretty good dots if you seperate them enough, but that's nothing a tooth pick couldn't do.

And another thing. I put it on around five o'clock some day. I don't remember the time - it was just not night yet, but not that early in the day. It took a while to dry, but it dried up pretty okay.

I have really dry skin. I have to put lotion on my back and arms and stuff. The night after the day I put it on (30-50 hours later), I got out of the shower and put lotion on my back, but there was a spot I couldn't reach. So I tried the back of my hands, not thinking about the nail polish of course because it had been dry for plenty of time. But I turned around and looked at my back in the mirror and saw these black streaks on it from wherethe nail pen had rubbed right off!

No, it doesn't chip, it *rubs* off. My base coat of nail polish (which was only one (1) layer), is just barely starting to chip, and already, all the black is gone from the pen. At best, there's a few tiny dots on three nails.

I don't reccommend this. It doesn't last, it's thin and liquidy, it rubs off, and there's nothing you can do with this that you can't to better with a tooth pick and some real nail polish.

• Es
      8th of Aug, 2011

I bought the 5 minute french nail kit and the nail pen was absolutely horrible. The nail pen's polish was all dried up and the brush was in horrible condition. DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT!!!

6th of Oct, 2011

I bought Sally Hansen tweezers for my lady fiend top of the line so I was told $20 life time GUARANTEE.I emailed the company 2 times and called coty here in Canada because they carry the line 2 times.I have had no response at all and I'm getting quite mad that such a large company would treat their customers in such a bad way.I will never by Sally Hansen ever again and as far as coty is concerned I will never by any of their products either, I wonder if Sally even knows or even cares how people are starting to hate dealing with the companies who represent her. Life Time Guarantee is that how long it takes to get an answer, not in this life time we guarantee it.

2nd of Apr, 2012

I'm about tired of these jacked up products by this women.. None of your stuff works right. Top Coat no chip doesn't even work for a minute and I bought nail polish named black platinum # 340 and it streaks after 2 nd coat!! I'm done .. We ought to bring a lawsuit against her for wasting so much of my time with her terrible products . Hey Sally maybe ya ought to check your products out yourself instead of just getting rich off your sorry products!!!

• Na
      29th of Dec, 2015

I have waxed for 40 years and the sally hansen product is the worst i have ever used for facial and body. i am off to the dermatologist and this company ought to be sued for damages. i am not spending more of my hard earned money to mail product back...i will never get disentangled from this glue they sell if i touch it again. i hate them for the expense and damage and waste of time! Mary C.