Sally Beauty Supplyhair color

Last week I went into the local Sally Beauty Supply to pick up some hair coloring. I've been coloring my own hair to several years now, but this was the first time I've gone into Sally's for hair color. The front end clerks were friendly but little did I know what I was about to get myself into. The young lady helping me obviously didn't know a lot about hair so I insisted she ask a manager just to be certain the color, the developer and the parts to be mixed were correct. She did, BUT when she picked up the developer she picked up the WRONG one. Needless to say I went home, followed the directions and I guess what I ended up with black and purple hair. This was NOT the color I'd originally selected. I'd selected a pretty auburn color--yeah, not what I got people. The next day the color was worse and I was absolutely mortified. I've called the home office and filed a complaint and it was then I found out that only the clerks with a cosmetology license are supposed to be helping people with hair color. It's been several days now and I've had to spend extra money to correct this mistake and I'm looking to be reimbursed by Sally's OR the clerk that didn't know hair color from a hole in the ground. My advice, don't go to Sally's for hair color just go directly to the salon and save yourself the heartache.

Comments

• Cg
      Feb 01, 2010

Well if you ''say'' you have been coloring your hair for sometime now...then you SHOULD have read the directions throughly...All of sallys hair color tells you the type of developer to use..and most of the time its a 20 volume...So partically its your fault if you just went ahead and poured your color and developer into an application bottle rather then reading the directions for yourself then taking an employees advice..we all make mistakes wither a person works in retail or not.

• Di
      Mar 20, 2012

everyone's hair reacts different to colors, if you have been coloring your own hair for the length of time you said you should know to read directions and know what developer to use since the directions are on the box that the color is in. Sounds like the color you picked was the problem not the developer, the developer would not change a auburn color to black

• Ne
      Sep 26, 2016

In general as an employee were not profession on hair colors or the process of how to do it. We do assist in helping you how to find what your looking for along with showing you new product and telling you what they do for you. We do not choose the color nor the developer for you, we can only explain that with the high developer the lighter you hair get and the lower developer keeps it dark. We have a kit that remove hair color if you decide to change you hair back to what it was alone with bleaching if your hair is too dark and you want it lighter and toner to take away brassiness out of the hair. Even though all the boxes have direction on then to tell us what developer number to use and for how long to keep it. But we all fail to read direction and follow instruction that's on the box. It is very easy to blame anyone then to take responsibility for our own action. We are hard working people like everyone, we try are hardest to assist everybody with there needs even though some customer are rude, snobby, inpatient and ungrateful.