Sail Realty / Terrible company

United States, California, Marina del Rey Review updated:
Sail Realty
41 Washington Boulevard
Marina del Rey
They took my first months rent and two months deposit, before they even had a lease for me to sign. I have just learned that this is illegal in California. I then learned what a ripoff their properties were. All their rentals are a big joke.

I asked for my money back, I had not signed a thing. It was four days of hell before I saw anything back. I gave them cash and an official bank check.

The rental agent, Tim Doyle said it would take 3 days to get me a check because apparently only his sister could sign them and she was out of town.

When she did get back, she told me she could not give me the money until she knew for sure that the funds were safe in her account.

keep in mind that I gave them an official Bank check from my bank and they got the funds instantly. She had the money sitting in her account and with a straight face told me that she was worried about fraud. They are the fraudsters.

5800 dollars of my money was withheld. I went through hell trying to get it back. Going back and forth between 4 banks and over 50 miles!'

Stay far away from them.

A  26th of Jun, 2009 by
We agree with Sam! STAY AWAY FROM SAIL REALTY!!! We are not surprised to read about Sam's experience. We currently rent an apartment through Sail Reality. There are way too many details to get into but basically they have lied to us on a number of things. We believe just to get us into this place they couldn't rent for months. They do not do things by the book that's for sure. Also, we never did get a copy of our lease until months later when we realized we needed to refer to it because of issues we'd been having with them. Whenever there is an issue with the property we have no one to turn to. Sail Realty all of a sudden no longer manages the property and cannot help us. But we can never get in touch with the owner! But when we signed our lease they said they were the property managers. So, who will we be giving our notice to when we leave??? and who will we be getting our deposit from if they don't deal with the property??? After our experiences with sail we thought to ourselves it's going to be a while before we see our deposit when we move out and after reading the above review we are sure of it. We can't wait to get out of this place and. And it was a total ripoff! Trust us... just stay away from these people please!