SAI Alarm Funding / CastleRock Security Incunauthorized renewal of contracts.

P Review updated:

I was registered with SAI alarm Funding for the home security for a three year contract. My contract got over in June 2009. In the meanwhile the SAI has transfered its business to CastleRock Security Inc. Without my knowledge or any explicit permission/ Authorization from me the Castle Rock Renewed my contract for another year with out informing me or asking for a consent This is violation of my rights. Now they are not ready to cancel this contract and trying to charge me for remainder ogf the year. I wish the company law board and cosumer agencies should address such forced renewal of contracts on one sided terms. this is nothing but exploitation of the consumers.

Parimal Sheth

• C
      May 03, 2010

I have had the same experience. I moved out of my home, and they told me to fax them a cancellation request by May 1 - which was a Saturday. I assumed they were close. That was my fault, but I called first thing Monday, and they would not cancel the contract which is not due to renew until June 1.

• D
      May 05, 2010

We need to class action these guys, any lawyers interested?: https://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/fraudulent-company-c149056.html#c654935

• I am in the same boat, however I called and was giving instructions to simply fax my cancellation notice BEFORE I make my next payment. (which I did) That phone call was on 4-26. The rep at castle rock at no time stated my contract would auto renew in a four days. I faxed the request of cancellation and they received it on the third. Two days too late apparently. Funny how they can not provide me with a copy of a signed auto renew contract. Any lawyers out there, please help us...

• T
      Aug 05, 2010

CastleRockSecurity.info this is the address of the CastleRock Security Complaint Forum, if enough people use it, it will beat castlerock's own site on search engine query's of "CastleRock Security"

• L
      Sep 03, 2010
    sai alarm funding - illegal business practices

I was registered with SAI alarm Funding for the home security for a three year contract. In the meanwhile the SAI has transfered its business to CastleRock Security Inc. Without my knowledge or any explicit permission/ Authorization from me the Castle Rock Renewed my contract for another year with out informing me or asking for a consent This is violation of my rights. Now they are not ready to cancel this contract and are charging me for remainder of the year. I wish the company law board and cosumer agencies should address such forced renewal of contracts on one sided terms. this is nothing but exploitation of the consumers.

• T
      Oct 16, 2010

PS

Start complaining on CASTLEROCKSECURITY.INFO and use the words castlerock security complaint(s) several times in your posts, the site is due to be crawled by the end of this month and will soon rank right next to the official castlerocksecurity.com

• H
      Oct 21, 2011

My mother who is a senior citizen has been taken by these people first SAI and now Castle Rock Security. She would like to cancel her service with them and has been told that she was auto renewed until May 2012. She doesn't have any record of receiving anything from them notifying her and please believe she does keep good records. The system doesn't work like it should, the sensors haven't been lite in more than 6months and I believe that her phone line has been high jacked. I have just started to oversee her business and would like to know how I can get her out of this madness and secure her a system that works? Please help!