Sage / Bad customer service

1 United States

I have been a Sage customer for over ten years. I recently asked them about a $9.50 FCC line charge after reading the Texas PUC regulations limiting the charge to $6.50. Sage informed me that Texas PUC has no juridiction over their charges. After speaking to the Texas PUC I found out that the $6.50 limit is in fact limited to the incumbent provider (ATT)and that Sage can charge whatever they can get by with. I then chose to quit Sage. I started my service with ATT but it was 5 days into the new billing cycle for Sage. Sage billed me for a full 30 days in lieu of pro-rating me for the 5 days I had their service. When I called them they were immediately very rude and defensive. They informed me that they do not pro-rate and that if I had read my statement in 2007 I would have know that. She even stated that "you evidentally didn't read your statement". I've never been late of had any problems but I can assure you that this is a company that cares nothing about their customers. They charge more than all of the others. Don't be fooled by thier advertised price. They take you to the cleaners on all of the other charges and they don't give two hoots about the consumer's.

Al