Safeway Pharmacy Deptpoor poor customer service

On Wed. 8/15/12 I called to refill 2 prescriptions in the am and asked for a noontime pickup which was ok'ed. Arrived about 1 pm to pickup and told that they were so busy and asked me if I could pickup later in the afternoon. Note they were so busy that when I went no one was there so I went directly to the counter for service. Now this is another matter. The service in this store stinks - no hello, no greeting. no smile, they just stand if front of you waiting for you to tell them what you bothering them for. I assume that the 2 pharmacist on duty who stand behind the back counter facing you and look like they working so hard not moving away at all doesn't seem to me like they busy because busy pharmacist filling orders would be constantly going to the shelves in search of the medications, filling and returning it to the shelf rather than standing behind the counter looking like they busy playing some video game with no eye contact up front to check to see what's going on. I also assume that they are in charge of the station while on duty and oversee the clerks actions so I blame very poor supervision at this level and this must be a reflection of the stores management not to notice this kind of behavior in your otherwise wonderful store. Same goes for checkouts when 3 or 4 are lied up with 2 checkers and no effort to open another stand and worse there is no stand open for small item buyers to expedite things.See the Top 10 Worst Complaints in honolulu oahu, HI No wonder I hear folks say I don't like the new store cuz I shopped at Kapahulu store and found service to be always accommodating there
Anyway, I told the clerk that I will be back the next day to pick it up cuz I didn't have the time to wait another hour or two. Later, I get a call from them to inform that one of the medication is out and they will have it the next day so if I could pick it up about 5 pm. I told them that I will get it the next day about noon which was ok'ed.
Now this is friday 8/17 and I get there about 1 pm and wait in line, only 1 window open and another clerk beside her doing something I guess very urgent cuz she looks at 3 of us in line and keeps doing whatever instead of servicing someone at the other window. Why have 2 windows if your policy is "keep 'em waiting so we look busy". Finally I get to the window facing the same clerk handing her my Humana card again for my pickup and she checks and then ask me if I picked up one of my med so I told her I did not. She then goes to the med stand and checks, and finally arrives with my 2 meds. Got my pickup finally, sign for it and I know I should have kept my dirty mouth shut but after all the frustrations and not even a "sorry for all the hassels", I told her your service sure stinks here and left never to visit Safeway Beretania again and you bet I will tell anyone about this should the occasion arise.
Sorry for my saying but I think your well selected store manager and pharmacists will still remain on duty so one can only expect the same. I hope my experience was an isolated case. I do like the store very much but the pharmacy dept. should be evaluated at the least.

norman kunishima
1009 kapiolani blvd apt 3711
honolulu, hawaii 96814

Comments

• Re
      Aug 19, 2012

Tasha 9, I agree with you. Most businesses have a set number of people that have to be inline before opening another station. Three people in line isn't anything to get excited about. I wonder if Noman stopped to think that just because they weren't busy at the exact time he got there to pick up his meds, maybe they had been rushed previously to fill prescriptions. The customer isn't always right.

• Br
      Mar 19, 2014

I read your comments and just have to reply that NO, this NOT just an isolated incident. I have had several problems with the Safeway Berretania pharmacy as well. Today was my 3rd visit to refill a prescription, which I have filled there twice before. When I called in this refill, the automated system told me that the pharmacist would have to contact my doctor because there were no refills left and that it wouldn't be available until after 5pm the following day. Well I already knew from experience not to trust what the automated system told me since the pharmacist on duty while filling my second refill told me that! His exact words were that the corporate office on the mainland is in charge of the automated system and that I should always call and verify with someone over the phone. So I call and speak with Nancy, who tells me the number they have for my doctor isn't working and asked me to call the doctor for her. Instead I gave her the phone number so they could call it in since that is after all their job, not mine.then she calls me back to tell me that they didn't have my prescription in stock so it wouldn't be available until Monday (this was a Thursday). I wondered why they wouldn't have it in stock since surely their records must have shown that I would be refilling again after a month. Anyway, fast forward to me picking it up...I went in and paid for the meds and was waiting what seemed like 10 minutes at the window after already paying and signing for it, when the pharmacist approached me and said she couldn't dispense my medication because she had not yet logged it and that would take another 30 minutes to an hour. She apologized so that made it all OK(sarcasm). I still don't have my prescription. Their customer service and service in General is abysmal.

• Ji
      Jan 05, 2016

Today I received rude behavior from Lorianna at the Safeway Pharmacy @ 1426 Harmony Road, Ft. Collins, CO. My husband and I were at the Pharmacy to get his prescription filled. Lorianna said his insurance would not cover his prescription. He told her Medicare Generation called after he paid for his last prescription and said they would pay for 6 pills. Lorianna said that she had talked to them and they said they would not pay. I said, they had told my husband that they would pay for 6. She said it will take me an hour to call them and they already told me they would not pay. I said, they told him they would pay. She became very rude, loud and belligerent. She told the people in line that she didn't know when she could wait on them because she had to call our insurance. She shook her head and rolled her eyes as if we had caused her a hardship. My husband stayed at the pharmacy and I went to the front of Safeway to call the insurance company because my iPhone would not call out in the pharmacy area. I called and talked to a customer representative at Medicare Generation and after a few minutes she need to talk to my husband. I was able to walk back without loosing the connection. I gave him the phone and Lorianna made a statement loud enough for anyone in store to hear that if 2 people were trying to call it would take twice as long. Her behavior was uncalled for. My husband talked to the representative and then he talked to the person Lorianna had been talking to. The representative form MedicareGeneration said they will call us within 24 hours. Lorraine did not apologize for her rudeness. When we get this filled we will go to Walgreens in the future. We drove 45 minutes to get to that Safeway. We retired to Colorado January 2015. This Safeway Pharmacy had been so nice to us we continued to drive to this location after we moved to Loveland in March 2015. Walgreens and King Sooper are 5 blocks from our house. I no longer recommend this Pharmacy. Rudeness is never necessary.

• Tk
      Jun 29, 2016

Safeway pharmacy SE Woodstock has the worst pharmacist around. Customer service sticks. She is not even polite. Rude rude rude. Ongoing for two years now. I have free insurance on a fixed income. I worked at the same job 25 years. They act like I don't deserve service. I hope some day they get old and need a little kindness and help too!