Safeway / sick on the job!

1 3400 S. Hudsdon WayDenver, CO, United States Review updated:
Phone: 720 366-3461

I was just at Safeway located at Happy Canyon shopping center in Denver... The cross streets are Dahlia and Hampden avenue. The girl working the express checkout lane was so sick at work that it was unbelievable!! There was a pile of about 5-8 tissues full of snot right next to the cash drawer! She was snivelling, coughing and sneezing all over the place as well as bagging groceries with peoples food without washing her hands. People were actually getting out of line behind me and going to longer lines at regular check out lanes just because of her actions. If you are THAT SICK then STAY HOME!!! I had to come home and wash all of my purchases with soap, and hot water. That is ###!! The manager of the store was obviously aware of this conduct as well as he was standing right there. I REFUSE TO SHOP AT SAFEWAY after that ordeal. Get your ### together. I should call the health department!!

Sc

Comments

2nd of Mar, 2009

That is too bad that they lost your business over that. You should give them one more chance, and it doesn't like you were fair to the manager or company. What I am meaning by that is you should have expressed this concern in way that would make that manager think about the situation in a different light. I am sure that the person checking you out in the line didn't want to be there, but probably was pressured by his/her manager to stay. All I am saying is that you should give them one more chance, and if you do happen to go back, be sure to speak with manager in charge and tell him/her what happened and how others felt, including what you felt when you saw the associate sick. I would think that the manager would want to hear if he is losing customers because of something that is very easily fixable.

• Du
      14th of Apr, 2009

As a employee of Safeway Stores I would please ask you to reconsider going back to one of our stores. At our stores we try to be sure that each customer is attended to by someone who is clean cut and not sick. I apologize for what happened at that store. Below I have included some of our other stores within the Denver Division.

757 E. 20th Ave.
    2660 N. Federal Bvd.
    Denver, CO 80211
    Store Phone: 303-477-5091
    Store Hours: 6:00 AM - 11:00 PM

I do hope that you have a better experience on your next visit...

Employee
    Store 722 Trinidad, CO

• Ih
      1st of Jul, 2010

Seriously, do not be mad that the girl came to work. It is not her fault. 100 to 1 chance is that she called in sick and was told she had to come in. I have worked at Safeway; this is what they do. They even told me to come in one time when I had strepp throat. If you're mad at anyone, be mad at the management that mistreat their employees.

• Sk
      12th of Dec, 2011

More then likely... She tried to call in... But like the above comment was told to come in anyway...

• Mr
      12th of Dec, 2011

We must vote with our dollars. I will never shop at safeway unless its an emergency. And I refuse to use greyhound buses after all their ###