Safetyget / Billing practices

I entered my credit card # in some age verification site that said it would charge nothing ($0.00) to my acct. Then I'm redirected to a page that tells me I've been subscribed to free 3 day membership to some amateur site I didn't even sign up for and I have 3 days to cancel or I'll be charged $34.95. So of course I went and canceled right away, Safetyget.com site shows that it was within 10 min of entering my credit card at the other site. the The next day I go to my bank and they tell me I'm overdrawn because of a hold this company put on my acct. for $35.00 and charge me an overdraft fee due to it. So I file a complaint with the bank, which they did nothing about and told me I would have to get a letter from the company stating the transaction was made in error. So I call safetyget and let them know about it and the bank said there would be no penalty or charges to the company for doing so. They tell me they won't and so I ask for the address of their legal department, they tell me they don't have one so I ask where my attorney should send a letter and she tells me goodbye and hung up on me. So much for customer service.

If you've ever had a legitimate billing issue with this company and it hasn't been worked out please contact me at safetygetlawsuit@gmail.com with a brief explanation of what happened and your contact information and I will provide it to my lawyer who is currently putting together a class action lawsuit.

Thanks

Safetyget

Comments

• El
      12th of Sep, 2009
    safetyget.com - i did not subscribe

i did not subscribe they debitedevery month£22.94a