safetouch / Fraud

FL, United States Review updated:

My husband and I discussed at length with the sales rep that came to our house about the ability to cancel after a year... if for any reason we didn't want the service. Well, after the installer stapled the wire down our wall and pulled it over to our phone - so unsightly, to say the least... and the fact that we don't use it often at all --- we wanted to cancel. Waited the year - called to cancel.. only to find out it was a 5 year contract.

Po
Mar 19, 2013

Comments

• Re
      Jun 03, 2016
    safetouch - Read the contract Aaron

Was looking for a security company.. a guy named Aaron came to the house. He had been schooled on the sales talk, but didn't know what was in their contract. They like to promote the wonderful local monitoring and the fact that it is a hardened facility... but if you read carefully they can sell your monitoring contract or the maintenance of your system to anyone they want should that be their desire and no, that's not reason for you to break the contract. So it's a lot of money up front and a 3 year contract, with SafeTouch monitoring... or maybe not. When I told Aaron we were going with another company he was completely rude telling me I chose the worst system out there... bla bla bla.. or should I say boohoo.
    So, please folks... keep the contract over night, read it ... because one thing is for sure... SafeTouch is mostly concerned about themselves.