SafeStain / Warranty is a rip off

So, I receive an expensive table and chairs ($2, 299) from Macy's and the glass top is damaged. Because I didn't report it to Macy's within three business days, they refer me to SafeStain. SafeStain takes all my information over the phone and then tells me they are declining the claim because the damage is of "unknown origin." Are you kidding me! They refer me back to Macy's, and the sales rep who sold me the furniture tells me to phone their 800 number and complain, harass, scream, threaten, etc, until I get the replacement glass top. I had hoped to have this beautiful furniture the rest of my life and spent good money on it... Macy's and SafeStain stink!

Tr

Comments

• Ju
      23rd of Feb, 2009

First of all, get your facts straight! The name of the company is called StainSafe (now called Global Care Solutions). Next, why didn't you read your receipt @ time of delivery and why didn't you call to report the damage. It clearly states all claims of delivery damage must be made within 3 days. Now since you waited so long, you could have damaged the merchandise yourself. Did you ever think about that? Also, you robbed Macy's of the chance to remedy the issue since you did wait so long. It's not Macy's fault! Get a grip and become a better consumer.