Safelock ID / Scam company

1 Jacksonville, FL, United States Review updated:

The unauthorized charges on my debit card also stemmed from a purchase of a make money online CD. I was charged 1.27 and then a few weeks later i was charged 24.87 so i called and cancelled this account that i never even started, the person on the phone would not even give me any information about the company. Luckily i was refunded the 24.87. About two weeks later i am charged 38.84 from my bank account from a safelock ID whom i have never even heard of and cannot get anyone on the phone. I am furious that there are people out there that can tap into my bank account at any time.

Mi

Comments

• La
      18th of Jun, 2009

I had a similar problem. Unfortunatly, I have filed a complaint with the Ohio Attorney's General Office but they are stating that without an address for these people they are unable to investigate any further. I have have $183.26 stolen from my Ohio Child Support account and I have never visited any of these sites. Luckly, I noticed these charges within days instead of months so I could stop the maddness early.

Cancel your credit card immediatly or contact your bank. My bank affiliate stated that I had to wait 5-7 business days to file a dispute.

There are multiple domain names for these theives and you will continue to get various charges from various companies.

You may see: Searchchest, Mony Tree Systems, GoogleTreasureChest or many other names in various amounts. My have been $72.21 x 2 & 38.17.

The phone number for SAFELOCK ID is no longer valid for me. If you find any additional information about them, please post.

Good luck!

Here is an address for SafeLock ID:

By Phone: (877) 583-6029
    Customer Service: 1.866.879.1266 Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm

By email: support@safelockid.com

By US Mail: 1340 N Great Neck Road #1272-355, Virginia Beach, VA 23454-2268

You can also report them to the FTC and IC3:

18th of Jun, 2009

Chuck - I think I love you. ;)

Thanks so much!!!

• Tm
    Safelock Id - Unauthorized Fraudulent Charges
    Safelock ID
    Florida

My credit card has been compromised and I've been scammed for $38.84 by this company. Like everyone else, when I call Safelock ID, I can not get through to even complain or demand a refund! If this happens to you, call your bank immediately and report your card lost/stolen and put in a fraud report. After following the bank's procedures, you should not be held responsible for the charge but you will have to cancel your card and wait to receive a new one. This is an inconvenient crime, you may even submit a police report.

18th of Jun, 2009

This number worked & I actually spoke to a human.

Customer Service: 1.866.879.1266

This number has been disconnected.

By Phone: (877) 583-6029

• He
      19th of Jun, 2009

I had $38.84 takekn out of my account on 06/01/2009 by these people. I come home today after trying to withdraw money from my account and find another $72.21 taken out of my account from Orem, Utah. I have no idea who they are and I am trying to contact them. I have been on hold for at least 25 minutes. I read something about them being fraudulent. Anyone have any more info in them, please post it. I have had it with people taking money from my account and I have to wait to get it back and never seem to get it.

• Am
      19th of Jun, 2009

The same thing happened to me, all the same amounts were taken from my checking account within the last month! I am furious! Did anyone manage to get all their money back? They have stolen a total of $208.13 so far. Who knows how much they will take next time, and what name they will take it under. So far they have used GoogleChest, A1 Member SearchChest and SafelockID.

• Ke
      20th of Jun, 2009
    Safelock Id - unauthorized charges to my card
    Kellie Starling
    400 maple
    Laddonia
    Missouri
    Phone: 573-253-8169

on 06-10-09 there was a charge to my card that was not authorized by me or anyone else. the charge was for $38.84. i would like to know how i can be charged for something i have had no knowledge of? also it needs to be reimbursed back to me since i dont have a clue to what it is for.

• Aj
      24th of Jun, 2009

Thank god some one knows what to do about this. ^_^ I dont know where this company came from or how they accessed my card but I'm closing my acount to make a new one.

• Ro
      25th of Jun, 2009
    Safelock Id - wrongfully charged
    Massachusetts

Cancelled my grantmastersonline.com and got the cancellation number of 062509-9784339. Wish also to cancel my safelock id subscrption in the amount of 2 charges for $38.84 to my credit card number 4623 0289 0214 2033 and be sent a cancellation number to solorosa1980@gmail.com. Thank you.

27th of Jun, 2009

GoogleChest, A1 Member, SearchChest, BlazingWords and SafelockID = Huge SCAM.

More about this fraud here:

Report it to the FTC and the Feds:

The most efficient and effective way to throw a monkey wrench into this Google Profit Kit scam machine.
    (article from http://scam-googletreasurechest.blogspot.com/)

Steps to Take to Recover Your Money

1. Cancel your credit or debit card--Get a new card with new number! Your financial information has been compromised and you will be getting further debits to that card, If not now then they could come back later when you are unaware. This scam is refining into a form of "Identity theft" as your financial information is being traded to other cohorts without your permission or knowledge.

2. File a fraud charge with your credit card or bank and let them sort it out by doing a chargeback. They have more muscle to go after this sort of crime. Explain to them about all the consumer complaints that are on the internet and "insist" that they do charge-back or file a fraud charge. Your bank or credit card organization has all the tools necessary to find out where the charges are coming from, what business is involved, addresses and phone numbers connected to the charge and etc. You may not know or have access to this information. The banks and credit card org have all this at their fingertips and are obligated to handle the problem that has resulted.
    More info at: http://www.chrismalta.com/scamtip1.asp

3. File a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission. Their job is to monitor and go after these types of scams.

4. File a complaint with your state Attorney General and also with the Attorney General of Utah (where a lot of the phone numbers and addresses seem to be located)

5. Filing a complaint with the BBB is toothless as the scam already is rated with a "F".

6. File complaint at http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx This is a place to report internet crime and is a combination gov agency of FBI, White collar Crime and Bureau of Justice Assistance.

7. After you filed with all the above agencies feel free to call any numbers you may possess that are connected to the "unauthorized charges" to try and recover all your money but take their word with a grain of salt. Don't hesitate to let them know what you have done or intend to do as they need to be shown that you mean business! If you succeed in getting your money returned you will have still taken steps to put their scam out of commission.

29th of Jun, 2009
    Safelock Id - I was billed for a product that I don't know and never asked for.
    safelock ID
    Philadelphia
    Pennsylvania
    Phone: 2153350685
    andtob19149@yahoo.com

On my recent Visa statement there was a charge of 38.84. I have no idea what this is and never ordered anything from this company. On my charge it goves a phone number 8775836011 which is always busy. How can I have this charge removed from my account?

30th of Jun, 2009
    Safelock Id - unautorizied charge on my account
    credit one
    114 valladolid st
    Brownsville
    Texas
    Phone: 956-346-6433

Safelock id has taked out two fees of 38.84 on the 2nd and 12th of june and I have not autorized this transaction. I would like my money put back into my account.

• Co
      30th of Jun, 2009
    Safelock Id - unauthorized charges on my credit card
    none
    70515 fuchsia st apt b 11
    Abita Springs
    Louisiana
    Phone: 985-502-7704

I ordered a cd from google to make money online for $1.97 and since then, every 2 weeks i have a deduction from safelock ID for different amounts. $29.00, $38. 00, etc...when I attempt to call the number that my credit card gives me for them a computer answers and I can never get anyone on the phone to complain too.

• Ve
      3rd of Jul, 2009
    Safelock Id - Did Not Order

Safelock ID chargedmy bank account and I have never, ever heard of them! I had never even seen their name before. They have promised mea refund twice and they still have my money!

5th of Jul, 2009
    Safelock Id - credit card being charged without reason
    ?
    Watertown
    Massachusetts

This Company has charged my credit for unknown reasons for $38.84. THIS I SAW ONLY WHEN I RECEIVED THE BILL FROM THE CREDIT CARD COMPANY./ What to do next?
    Raji

• Am
      7th of Jul, 2009
    Safelock Id - Credit Card

I was charged 38.95 on my charge card from SafeLock ID whom I no nothing about or told to do. Amanda Mathis

• Mi
      9th of Jul, 2009
    Safelock Id - Unauthorized withdrawal from Checking account
    Michael Zimmerman
    94 Fishers Ct
    Danville
    Pennsylvania
    Phone: 570 275 7969

I have been charged $38.84 and I did not authorized this charge. I inquired on several at home business, but have no idea where this charge came from.
    Please help.
    Michael Zimmerman

• Pa
      10th of Jul, 2009

It must have came from Google Treasure Chest even if you cancel the gtc they still charge you the safelockcd you have to go to the bank or card company and have it stoped or they will keep taking it out every month