SABC — license department / customer services
I've been trying for 6 years to get my license cancelled. I've submitted affidavits, letters from storage companies, everything SABC asked me for over the years. I was told its cancelled years ago, then the billing started in 2013 again. I got all the letters and affidavits again. But now I got a letter saying they will only cancel it if I pay R1530. I don't owe them any money/ I paid my license up until I had a TV in my procession, and supplied all the documents and proof they asked for. When I contact the customer service center the people can't tell my why I have to pay this amount. I get shouted at, and just told "Pay the money then we'll cancel" They wont even allow me to explain and cut me short. I can't deal with the SABC anymore. Is there another 3rd party I can take this up with?I think they are trying to be opportunistic and hoping that I will cave and just pay up out of frustration, but I'm not giving them a cent for something I don't owe and I have done everything right from my side.
More SABC Complaints & Reviews
- Sabc 2 - sabc2 cancelled naruto 
- SABC TV - legal action for tv license 
- VVM Attorneys % SABC - sabc tv license 
- SABC VVM Attorneys - unwilling to close tv licence 
- SABC / TV Licences - tv license fee for a pensioner / concession application
- SABC - scheduling
- SABC / TV Licences - tv licence paid monthly not accepted by tv retailers
- SABC / TV Licences - hassled by mbd staff who just hang up on me!! refuse to give me details!!
- SABC - old and repeat programmes & not up to date sports 
- SABC / TV Licences - tv license penalties