Saabi Driving School / Breach of contract

1 2680 Av Lawrence EToronto, Ontario, Canada Review updated:
Phone: (416) 750-4137

Do not go to this school.

I signed up for a full course package which included 20 hr classroom and 10 hr in car on Jun 4th, 2012. I completed the 10 hr in the car, but not the 20hr classroom. However, I knew as per agreement I had one year to complete them. Last April, I called them to complete the classes. After multiple times, he (Shabir Mohammed) informs me that the school is now closed, but that the students are being transferred to a new school called Saabi Driving Academy Inc. When I asked them for a date of when this new school opens because I would like to finish the classes by the end of April, he informs me that he does not have a set date, it can be "anytime". This sounded fishy, so I asked for a partial refund so I could complete that portion with another school

I paid $337.87 for the package. Mohammed tells me that since I attended the 10 hr in car, which costs $30/hr, if he adds to that a $55 transportation ministry fee and includes tax, the total adds up to $360. Therefore, if I want a refund, I would need to pay them $20. That's preposterous to say the least. Eventually, after going through the ministry I transferred my record to another school, and was charged $150. I tried once more to reason with the owners (Shabir Mohamed and Jahangir Choudhry), but they would not admit having wronged me. Furthermore, because the school is revoked I cannot deposit a complaint through the Ministry of Consumer Services, but rather would need to go through the Ministry of the Attorney General and file a small claim court case. I'm not sure whether I want to go through the hassle yet (it's a fee of $75 to file a claim), but until then, I am just warning everyone. I am not sure whether they are still trying to open a new school, but only do business with them at your own risk. They were open for 20 years, and I don't doubt they may have provided good services in the past. However, they were revoked. The Ministry could not disclose to me why they were revoked, but I can only imagine how many other students they cheated.

Am
Jun 13, 2013

Comments

• Am
      13th of Jun, 2013

Do not go to this school.

• Wa
      30th of Aug, 2013

they did even worse i i have also paid some ridiculus amount over 375$ and those liars didint even filed my insurance certificate yet and they constantly kept asking additional fees to make it sound to me like they will file it only if i give them the money ! ###S ! They're scammers I WANT MY MONEY BACK !!!