Saab / Don't buy a Saab!

1 Hagerstown, MD, United States Review updated:

We've had two saabs & they are complete junk! Constantly breaking down. Saab usa is horrible. They could care less if a customer is dissatisfied. We were not notified on recalls. The dealership in Hagerstown, MD is horrible. Great customer service but lousy repair shop. We even question if they were even doing the work that we were paying them for. Two incidents told us that they were not! The dealership in Harrisburg, PA was no better. Again, do yourself a big favor and don't buy a Saab car. It will nickel & dime you in repairs & You'll regret it!

Va

More Saab Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Bo
      8th of Jun, 2008

Saabs have been known for their quality for a very long time, a generalized statement is somewhat unfair.
    As far a your dealership goes...well that may be another story, if the service department stinks then that needs to addressed. ( bad repairs do not make "great customer service" by the way) To be fair there one must realize a service departmant is made of individual techs, some good, some not so. The service manager is the person to talk to. It is his job to deal with your problems.
    Being in the automotive industry myself (not Saab) I know no car company makes junk but none is perfect either.
    As far as a real recall goes the law states that owners need to be informed of recalls.

• Mi
      14th of Aug, 2008

i own a 2007 saab 93 linear convertible and it has been in the workshop 16 times since purchased new.
    Despite this, it is in a class of its own especially after owning a 2005 BMW 5 series previously.

• St
      26th of Aug, 2008

im sorry but your wrong about saabs being junk. its really only your opinion and not fact, you havent actually showed any concerns about the 2 saabs you've owned, just constantly breaking down?? and weather or not you looked after them properly?? i think bob the tech is completely right, your only concern is with the dealers, im from australia, im a technicians at a SAAB dealer, and it saddens me that a dealership has tainted your experience with saabs, we dont have a big saab network in australia, so we have to have closer ties with our customers not having many of them!! i myself owned a 2001 9-5 S estate, being a technician i knew what to look for, things that go wrong with them, and fixed them way before they went wrong, the 2 years i owned, it never let me down. its to bad your not in aus, you wouldnt be having those problems with customer/dealer relations.

PS your never gonna find a car that doesnt have things wrong with it, ever

• Va
      28th of Oct, 2008
    Saab - Fraud
    Saab
    Sweden
    saab.com

Saab spent 6 months building a car I ordered, which was not built as ordered and has numerous computer, mechanical, and electrical issues. Saab is not honoring their 3 year 36, 000 mile warranty. The car is less than 6 months old with less than 1300 miles on it. I have already had to shell out thousands to fix mechanical and electrical issues. The computer issue can't be fixed because the after service center doesn't have the software to fix the car's computer. Apparently, Saab Korea only does 90 day warranties on brand new cars and 30 days for used. This makes absolutely no sense.

Saab dealership committed check fraud and the parent company committed accounting fraud based on the documents I collected during this ordeal. 2 different accounting data on the deposited checks prove it along with additional evidence showing actual water washing of 1 of the checks. I have also discovered that Saab breached their own sales program by overcharging me, breaching the original sales contract, not to say that they sent me a few other invoices that continued to charge more for the car. Evidence to unscrupulous business practices and extortion by Saab.

• Wo
      15th of Oct, 2010

My family and I have owned four SAABs. Their quality took a significant drop when GM bought them and made them conform to lower GM standards--a disappointment. I bought an '06 9-3 Aero and owned it for about one year. Why one year? Because that's how long it took me to get it bought back under the NC Lemon Law--WITH an attorney. The car was in the shop about 17 times for various electrical reasons. It wouldn't start three times because some auto-shutoff switch kept tripping. The brakes went out, lights flickered when using the signals, and the issues went on and on.

The dealer in Raleigh, NC was horrible. They were non responsive to my complaints. The same was to be said of SAAB Customer disService in Atlanta. Absolutely no regard for the customer (me) and my issues and complaints EVEN after I followed all of the steps in the Lemon Law portion of the SAAB manual.

I will not buy another SAAB. I want to. But until they can completely break ties with GM and redesign their cars the way THEY want to, I will have to buy a Volvo or Japanese car.

• Ka
      21st of Oct, 2010

I have a 2004 9-3 linear convertible and my roof is leaking. I took it to a trimmer and a registered SAAB repairer who both confirmed that it is a manufacture problem. SAAB have wiped their hands from any liability as it is too old. So this tells you that the SAAB is only good for 3 years (warranty they cover). Very sad and very disappointing as SAAB convertible has always been my dream car and to have this problem and for them not to help in any way blows my mind and I can honestly say will never ever buy one again. Has any one had similar problem as any advice would be good.