The most trusted and popular consumer complaints website
Explore your opportunities! Create an account or Sign In

S. Nalini (SIDBI) / Kept my money for nothing

1 India

This is with reference to me renting a house in gurgaon. I wanted to rent a falt in gurgaon & came across a 2BHK apartment in G block, III floor surya vihar, Kapasera Border , Gurgaon. The owner of the house is a lady called S. Nalini who lives in Faridabad & works with SIDBI.

I met her and we finalized the deal, she committed for few repair work in the house & I gave her two post dated cheques with the dates of 1 st june 2007 one for one month security & one for one month advance rent.

I wanted to shift on 1st of june but the committed work was not done. She kept on delaying the process by saying that her labor from faridabad is unable to reach to gurgaon becz of Roits which I found a genuine excuse & took it that way. Now in this whole process it became 10th. In the meanwhile she deposited my cheque in my bank & withdrew the money without me signing the rent agreement saying that she'll change the agreement dates from 10 th to 10th month.

The work wasn't as yet completed. The white wash work is still incomplete. I want to shift now but she says that because I am creating mess so she doesn't want to give me the flat.

And then she says that because whole of the month has gone so she will not even return my money.

She has taken Rs. 9500 from me for the house in which I have not even entered. Not signed the rent agreement. Even if she keeps the money I have all the rights to live in the house for one month. She refuses to give me either keys or money. She is not allowing me to stay in the house & not returning me the money.

Now I have to rent other house where I need my money. But she says because she has spent some minimum amount on her own house for which she'll keep my money. She is an educated & reputed lady but not ready to understand my problems. For which she is making me pay a sum of 9500.

When i talk to her she says that lets find out an amicable way to solve the problem & according to her.. the amicable way in that she'll not put my other cheque in the bank. She says that because her being south Indian we North indian people are harassing her. She kept my money in an illegal & ingenuine way & still says that i am harassing her. She shouts on me over the phone. I want to complain against her in the police but i ind it very time consuming & full of hassles. Is there any way from which i can get my money back???

Post your comment