Ryans Pet Supplies / Bad customer service

1 US Review updated:

Placed a catalog order over the phone with Ryans Pet Supplies. The sent me my order which wasnt what I ordered. Sfter looking at the order and deciding I did like the doggie cologone product. I thouth maybe Id keep it. After looking at the catalog I noticed instead of being charged the case price of 4 dollars per can I was charged almost 6 dollars per can. I also didnt receive the 13th can. In ordering the 13th can it saved you on the shipping and you got another can in its place. After many many calls to them. I ended up returning the product. I keep calling and sending emails at I have my proof it was returned through fed x to them. The havent credited my charge card back yet. They did tell me over the phone it was all their mistake. They talked me into giving them another try and ordering a different pet cologone. I did this as I was told that due to allt he problems they would send me that order with free shipping. I get the order and nope I was lied to I still got charged 12 bucks for the shipping. I keep calling and Im not having any luck at all. Im owed a refund of 85 dollars credited to my charge card which now I have to dispute. Im also owed 12 back for the promise of the free shipping. I own a small grooming shop and it was the worst way Ive ever seen business done. I ask for a name and I can never get the same person when I call. Im still waiting for it to get straightened out and I will never do business with them again. They are not very good with their customers.

Ko

Comments

• So
      Aug 27, 2009

I just looked my account and found this charge, and I don't know where it came from, I purchase a CD for $2.29 and now I am being charge $7.95 for something I don't know what it is, I want my money back, is there a number that we can call so these people won't do this again, if not I am getting my a new card and I will not be ordering online anymore.

• Gm
      Oct 10, 2009

I also placed an order with them, was shipped the wrong product. I called and had to leave a message for someone to call me back with customer service so I could exchange. I missed their call, then when I tried to call back, I never got a response after that. I kept the incorrect item, obviously since no one would contact me to help exchange it. Lesson learned, will not order from them again.

May 23, 2010

I've purchased large orders from Ryans three times now. They sell these giant poodle combs I use at work (I'm a groomer) and they are cheaper than PetEdge. Each time it took over a week for the products to come and the last time, even though I paid extra shipping to have it delivered faster, they took almost three weeks to deliver my order! I need these things for my job! I really have been dissatisfied with the company because of this. I'd rather pay a bit more to get what I need in under a week.

• Co
      Sep 29, 2011

I sent my AG clippers to their repair shop. They said they were full of oil and would cost 80.00 to fix and includes shipping. Well, they shipped to an address from almost 2 years ago and I have not received the clippers but you can be sure they cashed that check attaching another 16 .00 to it, now it's $96 for clippers I don't have. So they sent me a replacement. Not the clippers I sent them. I told them I would not send them back as they should not have arrived in the first place and to send me the same clippers I sent them. My complaint is, Ryan, in case you give a damn, is that your staff do not pay attention to order details. I get things I don't want, I don't get the things I need. You are on your to becoming or have already arrived at being a corporation that cares about your bottom line only and if the clients get service it's only by default. It's apparent that I have to stay on top everything I do with Ryan's, like your five years old, and I'm the Mommy and I gotta keep track of what you're doing. I have been in this business 20 months and I tell you I've never seen more gouging, more new products that I've bought that do not work and I have the hassle of shipping them back. I will not order new products because your manufacfueres do not do the R & D necessary to make sure they work before they are sent out into the grooming world. Don't even get me started on the mobilel grooming rig I bought in LA. This is an industry run by men that gouges the women that serve it. How damn typical is that??