RyanAir / disgrace airline

Dear Sir/Madam

As a first time customer flying with this company they call Ryanair, I would like to say that it is a disgrace of an airline. Not only do they not accept driving licenses (they changed the policy a few months ago) they didn’t bother to inform people who booked prior to these changes, we got through check in and security and sat for two hrs chilling before our flight only to be told we couldn’t board the plane!!! The lady said that if we hadn’t of checked in online they would of accepted the drivers license, but on an email they told us if we hadn’t of checked in on line they were going to charge us £40.00!!! What a bloody joke!!! When we went back out to see if we could speak to someone there was no Ryanair reps there (highly professional) all we got was a number from a lady who couldn’t speak much English!!! All I can say is do not travel with this airline they maintain they are the cheapest but that is a load of tripe!!!NEVER WOULD I GO NEAR THIS AIRLINE AGAIN!!!

A  14th of Aug, 2009 by
I checked in on line with my passport- but forgot to take it with me to the airport- an internal British flight. They ripped up my boarding pass in front of me and made me pay £40 for a new one using my drivers licence. I will NEVER fly with Ryanair again.
Miriam Drysdale