Ryan Marketing/100cookwares.com / Unprofessional

1 CA, United States Review updated:

I placed an order for kitchenware with 100cookwares.com, listed as Ryan Marketing Group. I receved an email confirming the order. After a week, I emailed with no response. I called and spoke to Dennis Knittel (who said he was the owner). He told me that he didn't have the items in stock, but would have them in a week.

I called back in a week. Still not in stock, excuse given: The company that makes the product won't let him pick up the items at the warehouse. Should be shipped in a week.

A week later I call back and he says that he isn't at the warehouse, but will be in an hour and 15 minutes. At the same time, he says that he will ship out a different item if I want. I ordered glassware, he wanted to ship food storage containers! His excuse is that they have been very busy with orders and that orders had come in after mine. (How come I fell to the bottom of the stack sine I prepaid my order!?) When I reminded him that I had prepaid, his tune changed a bit. He tells me he will call me in 1 hour and 15 minutes.

I wait 2 hours. No call back. I call and he acts as if he had no idea who I was (and we had just spoken 2 hours before). At this point he becomes angry and tells me he is cancelling the order, and hangs up on me.

I paid via PayPal, and so I see a partial refund to my account with a note telling PayPal that he didn't have enough in the account to cover the refund, but would in 3 days. I'm now wating for the balance of the refund.

A very strange way to conduct business. I would not recommend this company to anyone.

Comments

• Re
      30th of Mar, 2010

I absolutely agree with you.
    He scammed me.

This website is a scam http://www.100cookwares.com

• Ge
      24th of Jun, 2010

I have also had a terrible experience with 100cookwares.com. I placed my order and paid via PayPal. I was a little nervous because it seemed like a small, unprofessional website even listing the guy's cell phone number.

My order was a gift that I had shipped to the recipient. When I talked to her several weeks later, I asked her about the gift and she said that she had never received it. I have sent several e-mails and left several voice messages but have not received any response. I filed a complaint with PayPal but unfortunately I was past the 45 day period in which I could file a dispute and get my money back. Do not buy from 100cookwares.com. It is a scam.