RXPOP / Unauthorized billing

RxPop is a web site that has contracted with certain pharmacy's to sale their products. I was home last Sunday 3-2-09, logged into RxPop to order a drug. After (I thought) ordering the drug, I realized RxPop was using my mastercard for a club membership instead of purchasing the merchandise I was trying to order. Once I knew this, I logged back into RxPop and 'canceled' the membership. Once this was done, I thought everything should be, OK. Note: 'I joined and canceled the membership on the same day' Sunday 3-2-09.

Monday 3-3-09 $70.67 hit my mastercard account from RXPOP. I then, looked for a phone number to contact RxPop. Found that RxPop does not allow communication over a business phone. Communication with RxPop must be through their web site, only. Allowing RxPop to sell merchandise to the public and not have a business phone should be against the law. What can I do to get my money back and how can I help to get this company out of business?

Vi

Comments

• Tr
      31st of Oct, 2008
    RXPOP - scam
    rxpop
    Texas
    Phone: 18667271669

This website have you think that you are buying medicine and when you give your credit card number and hit send you are actually buying a membeship. I looked up a medicine it gives you the name ask if you want a 30 or 90 day supply your billing info and when i hit send thats when the site tells you that they are not a pharmacy. there is no refund. SCAM SCAM SCAM

• Ke
      1st of Nov, 2008

The same thing happened to me. Did your credit card company credit your account?

• Wi
      14th of Nov, 2008

rxpop is a cleverly disguised non pharma, I'm sure they subsist mainly from duping people of membership fees.They also shade terms of services in deep purple making it hard even for someone with good vision to read.Trying to reach them with a complain is impossible.They may not be a pharma scam, but it is some sort of dishonest service, bordering on criminal activity.

• Va
      26th of Nov, 2008

I was under the impression that I was purchasing a product. Instead, this website is charging you just for membership to their site, which gives you links to other pharmacy websites... so in otherwords, a scam!

I tried to contact the company through emails, but every email address I use is returned to sender. I tried to submit a refund through the site, but everytime I get an error message.

• Ji
      19th of Feb, 2009

Don't use this website, they misrepresent themselves as an internet vendor of prescriptions, but are not. They just lead you to other websites. Worse, though I canceled they continued to charge me!

Stay away!

• Tr
      1st of Apr, 2009

I currently am looking for cheaper prescriptions and came across RxPOP's website. I am looking for cheaper Adderall and it is a tier1 medicine that should not be able to be shipped I was just looking to find cheaper prices and they claim to be able to ship it so i started some investigating and came across several complaints. the website [redacted] suggested this course of action. Oh, and as well, did they send any meds to you and where they at the price they stated?

Go to your bank within 60 days of the charge, or as soon as you know about the charge, don't delay, and tell them that there has been fraudulent activity within your account. Explain that you wish to file a dispute, and demand that they assist you in accordance with Federal Regulation E.

According to the majority of victims interviewed by Rip-off, those who immediately called their banks to dispute the charges did not get very far. Many victims got the following responses from their banks: “we could not do anything for you" or “you waited too long; it has been more than 60 days".

If the bank is says that you have waited too long, explain to them how you called their 800 number as soon as the charges were found, and were told by the bank that nothing could be done. Remind the bank that they failed to assist you properly at the 800 #, and instead, provided you with an inadequate explanation of your right to dispute. Tell the bank that it's their fault time has expired, and since they gave you the wrong info to begin with, they will just have to deal with it, take the loss and reverse the charges.

Tell them the truth; this was unauthorized and your account was NOT to be charged! Keep emphasizing how you never authorized anything! Direct them to the hundreds of victims reports that were filed on Rip-off.com. And if you're at the bank, walk them over to their computer and make them go to this site! If you are on the phone with them, tell them you will wait while they access this site! Either way, be persistent!

• Fu
      7th of May, 2009

RxPop.com is a complete scam, it is disigned to dupe you. The site makes you feel like you are buying a prescription, but you are really doing is buying a "subscription" or membership to their site. Their membership gives you access to sites that are free. You can google these sites or even better use healtpricer.com or pharmahelper.com and they will find you cheapest drugs for free.