RX Smart / Debit without authorization

RX Smart debited 279.99 from a joint account of me and my wife's without authorization. I contacted them, was put on hold several times, and finally spoke with a representative (Linda 5499) who said she would cancel and my money will be refunded in 7-10 business days. Linda 5499 would not give me her last name so 5499 it is (employee # she says). Linda said her supervisor would contact me in 24 hours but no supervisors were there to speak with.

People beware!!!

Comments

• Er
      9th of Jun, 2007

I just checked my account today and 279.99 was debited out as well. I have no idea why they took money out, I did not authorize or talk to anyone about birth control pills, this is ridiculous. I have to call Monday, They better refund my money back. They obviously are a scam because why are they just taking money out of accounts.

14th of Jun, 2007

I am another one who was scammed by this RxSmart. They deducted 279.99 from my checking account on june 8, 2007. I am a person on social security which means I have limited income. This means I won't have money to pay my house payment this month.

What can we do about something like this?

• Ka
      15th of Jun, 2007

My husband and I were also scammed by "RxSmart", and also with $279.99 debited from our account. We live in China with a bank account in the states and have no idea how they obtained our information. We don't even doctor in the states, what good would this so called "prescription savings" be for us?? Did anyone else find out how they got your information? And did they give you your money back?? We just got off the phone with "Linda" who said they would indeed give us our money back.

• Ji
      18th of Jun, 2007

I check my account online and RX Smart (whoever they are) has withdrawn 279.99 from my account for some type of Rx prescription insurance. I already have great coverage through UHC.

Do anyone know what's going on and who are these people. I also spoke with Linda (emp#5499).

• Gl
      25th of Jun, 2007

This happened to me as well and I called them at 888.230.1711 and they (not Linda, a man) were really short with me. I asked what this is for and they said it's for the 18-month prescription plan I signed up for. I said I don't know what you're talking about and I want my money refunded. The guy said he will send a form for me to fill out and submit for a refund and hung up on me... he didn't ask for my address though so how is he going to send me a form? I am going to call my bank and report it as fraud.

Has anyone had success in actually getting their money back?

• Je
      26th of Jun, 2007

My husband and I have as well been scammed by this company When I checked my checking account this morning there was an unauthorized debit for $279.99 coming out of my checking account. I went to the bank and was given the 888-230-1711 phone number. When I called I also spoke to Linda emp # 5499 she refused to give her last name and said that she could not help me that I needed to speak to her supervisor, but would not tell me her supervisors name. I am sure I will not be receiving a telephone call from any supervisor because this company is a fraud. I have never heard of this company nor do I need any of their services I as well have great insurance through AIG...

I have spoken to my bank National City and they had me fill out a dispute form and informed me if I did not authorize this debit it will be credited to my account. My advice to all of you would be to do the same go to your bank and dispute the charges and I would take a copy of all these complaints with you... to show this company is making UNAUTHORIZED debits to other individuals accounts as well. I have also closed my account so this company can not do this again. I hope you all are able to get this matter taken care of!

• Ti
      27th of Jun, 2007

My Aunt is the latest victim of the RX Smart Scammers. She too had the amount of $279.99 withdrawn from her bank account without authorization. She doesn't know this company and never authorized ANYONE to draw from her account. Her pharmacy doesn't know of this company and when I called the 1-888-230-1711 number, I spoke to a guy and asked him all sorts of questions about this company. He wouldn't give anything up at first until I got loud and threatened to call the police. He then put me on hold for a minute or so and came back and said my Aunt authorized it for the "18 month prescription plan"... unsurprisingly she also knew nothing about this and her medical and prescription provider knew nothing of this. I informed the man, who identified himself as "Mike Campbell" that he needed to refund her money immediately due to her bouncing a few checks because of this and he stated that he would send out a refund form or something of that nature to be filled out, re-sent back to him and THEN she would be reimbursed in full. I WENT BERSERK ans started screaming at the guy reminding them they BROKE THE LAW by tapping into her checking account and he said he'd have a supervisor call me back within two hours. I asked for a supervisor's name and he said "Sabrina Bedouin" or something like that. I then asked for her directly and he said "Just give me your (expletive) number and we'll call"... I responded in disbelief "What did you just say to me, pal?" He repeated the statement LOUDER and I snapped and told him he wasn't gonna be working in this field very much longer. I KNEW then and there for certain that this was a scam and not a legitimate company or operation. Who would sanction their telemarketers or operators to swear at a consumer? I contacted my Aunt's bank and reported that I had found this complaint board with identical circumstances with these scammers and the immediately credited her account in full and said they would cover any other damages. I could have left it at that but this dude on the phone had me ready to pop a vein. I called a friend of mine who is a police officer and filed a police report and gave up the info that I had already. He had a detective do some leg-work for me and they found an address in Champlaigne, NY (I hope I spelled that right) but the 1-888 number is registered to a Detroit, MI area. (There's your scam). He suggested that I contact the PA State Attorney General's Office and they would get ALL OVER THIS. I plan on calling them tomorrow morning and will post more info if I get anything. I called the 888 number later in the day, closer to 2 PM E.S.T. and the same guy answered. I very politely asked if the company was RX SMART and he mumbled something. I asked where they were located and he said "upstate NY"... I asked for a mailing address and I got it... it was the SAME address that the police came up with. IF this happened to you, I urge you to use this information and contact your state attorney general's office as the local authorities resources are limited here. I hope this was helpful. Thanks for reading and email me with any questions.

• Tr
      28th of Jun, 2007

This same "company" has withdrawn the amount of 279.99 I called the company and kept getting a customer service recording. I finally called my bank to find out who authorized this payment, and when. The bank then in turn called the 888 number and spoke with a woman. The woman informed the bank that they were a pharmaceutical company. The bank then three payed me with this woman who informed me that i had either talked to a rep. , filed on-line for this or my insurance provider passed us on. When i asked her which it was she informed me that she did not have access to customer information, but I could either wait and see what the information packet was about or i could have her cancel this now. I told her i had not approved it and neither had my boyfriend so i wanted it canceled now. she told me a supervisor would contact me in 24 to 48 hours, and in 7- 10 business days the money would be refunded. Since then we have gone to our local branch bank office and filled a dispute and also called the main branch to report this so others to not get nailed as well. the main branch has already been notified by several others of this same fraud. We are going to pursue this until this issue is resolved. FOR WORM ALL OF YOUR FRIENDS AND RELATIVES TO TELL THEIR BANK NOT TO LET ANY PAYMENTS FROM RX8882301711 AUTOPAY GO THREW

2nd of Jul, 2007

As an added measure everyone in this complaintsboard discussion should also contact the Federal Trade Commission and file an online complaint with the Michigan Department of Attorney General's office. This Bogus Company's name and address are:

RX SMART CARD
    4856 32nd. Blvd.
    Detroit, MI 48201
    888-230-1711

• Ti
      2nd of Jul, 2007

I have been in contact with the same jerkoff two more times and each time, he gave me a different name. I took the prior complainant's advice of filing an online complaint with the consumer complaint section of the Michigan State Attorney General's Office. It only takes a few minutes and I just cut and pasted my complaint from here on to their complaint form. I wanna see these ### get nailed so bad I can taste it. Every one of you that has been victimized NEEDS TO DO THIS!!!
    These guys have your bank information and can pass it out to anyone of their scamming counterparts. We need to unite and stop these ### in their tracks. UNITE AND GET IT DONE!!! Together we can turn the tables on these ### of society!!!

• Tr
      2nd of Jul, 2007

Just as an update to my previous comment. We have been reimbursed by this company. I am not sure if it was because we were in contact with them three way with the bank or not, but I hope everyone else gets their money returned. Best of luck.

• Bo
      2nd of Jul, 2007

My account was debited $279.99 June 29, 2007. I have had to spend another $15.00 to put a stop payment on the transaction. These people have my banking info not credit or debit card info so the usual insurance to put the money back into my account does not apply. So now I have to wait at least 180 days to find out if I will get my money back and to find out if I get the $15.00 stop payment fee back. I have called them 8 times and have yet to talk to anyone. I work very hard for my money, but at this point I don't care how much it cost me to find these people and prosecute to the fullest extent.

2nd of Jul, 2007

I have addressed a few respondent on this site to simplify the listings for filing the complaints please visit My unused company.

website at: www.hookersupplymarine.com

• Cl
      3rd of Jul, 2007

I just checked my account an hour ago and saw that this same company as debited my account $279.99. I am a college student supporting myself and cannot afford for a company to steal from me. I going to my bank to fill out a dispute, close that account and open a new one, and going to the police. My next step is to fill out the online complaint with the consumer complaint section of the Michigan State Attorney General's Office. I will keep you all posted on the outcome...

4th of Jul, 2007

Along with all other law enforcement agencies that are currently being reported to all information I would Recommend be forwarded to th US Department of Justice, Criminal Division at: Criminal.Division@usdoj.gov. If one agency can centralize the information the effort to see this company busted might go quicker.

5th of Jul, 2007

At 12:54 E.S.T. I verified with the Detroit Fire Department that there is no such Blvd. as 32nd. Blvd in Detroit. There is a 4865 32St. in Detroit and it is a vacant lot.

• Cl
      5th of Jul, 2007

I did a stop payment on the transaction and my bank refunded the money. I also closed that checking account and opened a new one. I am still going to go through with the complaints I have filed until this bogus company and the persons behind are prosecuted to the highest extent of the law. Hope it works out for everyone else.

• Ro
      5th of Jul, 2007

Hey, i guess i am not the only one. I was out of the country for a few days and when i came back i see 279 dollars missing from the bank account. And my bank wouldn't stop the payment because i just noticed the payment it was taken out on 22 on june. Anyone got their money back? Or any ideas on who should die first.

• Em
      6th of Jul, 2007

On July 2nd I saw a pending ACH debit for Rx Autopay 888-230-1711 when I was looking at my checking account online. I have never heard of this company, nor would I agree to pay $280 for anything... at this point, we are looking at being losing our apartment if we can't pay rent, and that's almost half of our rent payment. So even if I wanted to spend that kind of money, which I don't, I can't. I called the number and was hung up on after many rings, then got an automated computerized voice telling me to leave my name and contact information and they would call me back. They didn't. Go figure. I have been fighting with Bank of America since Monday to get the fee reversed so I can pay my rent. They tell me that because the company used my account number instead of a debit/credit card, I cannot have the payment reversed or any kind of credit given temporarily until after their investigation is complete. Bank of America has come through for me in the past, but I feel very let down by them this time. It's not like I mismanaged my money and can't pay my rent because I spent it somewhere else. I have not even given my name or account number out for any reason, ever, other than to have my income taxes, child support, and ACS payroll direct deposited to my checking account. Those are the ONLY situations I have ever given out my account number. Has anyone else given their account number for any of these purposes, or any others? Maybe there is a connection in one of those... Still fighting with BofA to get my money back, kind of a waiting game at this point. After finding this complaint board and seeing how many others have been scammed I am going to file a police report tomorrow also. Best of luck to all who have been hurt by these people. They need to be stopped.

10th of Jul, 2007

Further - Emily even though the BofA Claims Dept. delayed getting the affidavit to me, once I filled out, signed and fax&mailed the document on Friday July 6,2007 the stolen $279.99 was replaced at midnight on Monday July 9, 2007 which was the close of the next business day for BofA. The Affidavit is a very simple document to fill out, all of the other supporting information was kept on file by the BofA during my first call and numerous calls attempting to get the Affidavit which I should have had (correction to my last post not the 5th.) on the 3rd. of July. Everyone Please keep in mind that nobody has ever heard, spoke or dealt with RX Smarts web page prior to discovering your thefts, these facts need to be presented to your banks claim department, and further reported to your closest FBI Field Office or the DOJ, reporting facts should include your name, name of your bank, city and state which you live and the date of your robbery.