russo watches / lied on ad

1 KS, United States Review updated:

Found an ad for watches 1.99 to 5.99. Recieved a piece of junk for a watch. Never was told about any trial offer and was billed 99.42 about 15 days later. Great Big Scam avoid them at all cost.

Comments

• Tw
      22nd of Apr, 2010

This happened to me as well. They sure did and the watches are not even worth 99.42.

• Un
      26th of Apr, 2010

Was told By PayPal to take a servay and Recieve A watch for just paying the shipping. and was never told it was for a member ship at any time. Then was billed 99.42 for a member ship to a watch company Why would i want to do this. and also found out that there are no real people to talk to at this so called compeny. Tryed to get a refound after sending the pice of Junk back and they said i had to deal with their bank and not the company.. BIG SCAM avoid at all cost's

• Di
      26th of Apr, 2010

I had the same thing happen to me. I was working to set up an online account with my car loan so that I could pay the payment each month online. At the end I was asked to fill out a survey from what appeared to be the TD Banknorth to say how easy their website was for me to accomplish setting up my account. It said I would receive a free watch for filling out the survey. This seemed legit to me as I had previously had trouble trying to set this up and had talked to someone from TD Banknorth that explained to me how to go about it. At the end of the survey it asked for my credit card to pay the $4.99 shipping cost. There was never any mention of it being a trial offer. A month later my credit, which was my debit card, was charged $99.42. On top of that, it put my account overdrawn and I was charged $70 in overdraft fees. I am going to try and get Bank of America to take the charge off as well as the overdraft fees but they are not very easy to deal with so don't have very high hopes of getting them to help me out here.

28th of Apr, 2010

advertise for 1.99 billed 99.99 impossible to contact their customer service

• Ju
      30th of Apr, 2010

Got a cheap watch... nothing like picture shown.. Also, the company starts the 14 day trail tim ethe day order is placed. It took 3-4 days to get here.
    The watch doesn't evem have Russ name on it, like advertised..

2nd of May, 2010

the same thing happened to me. I did the short survey and was offered the products at the cost of shipping and handling only! the watch I recieved wasn't worth $4.99! I actually threw it in the trash and thought to my self, boy did I get ripped off. Now looking at my account I've been charged $99! ARE YOU KIDDING ME!

• Tr
      3rd of May, 2010

SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME...I CALLED MY BANK AND THEY R GONNA FIGHT IT OUT FOR ME. NEVER DID IT SAY ANYTHING ABOUT A 14 TRAIL!!! I WOULD NEVER HAVE AGRRED TO THAT...THEY TOOK 99.42 OUT OF MY ACCOUNT WITHOUT MY PERMISSION. THE WATCH WAS NOT WORTH IT AT ALL, ITS A BIG PIECE OF JUNK!!! NOT EVEN WORTH THE 5.99 I HAD TO PAY IN SHIPPING!!! THIS IS A BIG SCAM, I TOOK A SURVEY FOR WELLS FARGO AND THEN IT TOOK ME TO A PAGE OF OFFERS, SO B CAREFUL...U DONT WANNA GET RIPPED OFF LIKE ME!!!

• He
      4th of May, 2010

Yes..They got me too~ ! Did a survey on line and was 'awarded' a Russo Watch for 'shipping and handling'..Yeah right. When my statement came, I was billed $99.42. After contacting the Customer Service Telephone Number I was advised to send an email to [protected]@russowatches.com. This was their reply:

Dear Customer,

We sincerely apologize if there is any confusion regarding the nature of the risk free trial membership which you signed up for. Please note that you were charged $99.42 because you did not cancel your subscription within the allowed risk free trial period, as stated in our terms and conditions. As is explained on our web page from which you initially ordered the product (www.russowatches.com/order.aspx), you have a trial period to determine whether or not you wish to keep the watch from our collection. Had you canceled your account during this time period, you would not have received any further charges or shipments. However, since your account is currently active and your risk free trial period has ended per our terms and conditions, you were billed for the monthly supply.

In an effort to ensure that our customers understand the exact nature of the trial membership program, we have listed these terms twice on our order page, and require that you check a box stating that you have read and agree to our terms and conditions. This agreement is necessary for the system to even be able to process your order.

Please note that your account is now in a state of cancellation, which means you will not receive any future charges or shipments of the product.

Respectfully,

Now...the consumer does not know that they are being charged the full amount of the watch until they get their credit statement..interesting since it's usually more than 14 days after the watch arrives~! Neat trick huh????????????????? Watch out people...be sure you read the 'Terms and Conditions" when ordering. Of course their were no "Terms and Conditions" to read on the web site where I ordered this 'free' watch which was supposed to be only shipping and handling.

• Al
      5th of May, 2010

As the rest of you, I also got scammed as well. But a policy or term page never popped up even though they said it did. They also didn't say anything about any trial or 99.42. I got in touch with a representative there and they offered to put 44.92 on my card (because they can't do a full refund) and let me keep that crap watch. Hopefully everyone here gets some refund or justice.

• He
      5th of May, 2010

Well Folks..they came through...partially. I complained everywhere I could and today I heard again from them and they offered me a partial refund of $44.99 and I could keep the watch. I gratefully accepted. Somehow they are under the impresssion that I ordered this watch from their website..which I didn't. It was a 'reward' for a survey I took on line as mentioned above..I did not see any 'terms and conditions' as they stated. Nonetheless, I appreciate their gesture.

5th of May, 2010

yes, can i get Help me Howard for not having any term and conditions it said just take a survey and recieve a free russo watch free just pay shiping handling of 5.99 I check my bank account today and 99.42 dollar was stolen from my bank account if i had did that to them with no term they would had me lock up these i call them did to stop what if they do thousand of people like this they would be (RICH) but there a GOD SIT HIGH LOOKING AND LOOKING LOW HE SEES EVERYTHING WHAT GO AROUND COME BACK AT U

• Li
      8th of May, 2010

"WELL, HERE'S HOW IT WENT DOWN"
    Here's how it worked for me through a survey from the electric company that they said if I completed it I would receive a free Russo watch just pay shipping and handling.
    The consumer does not know that they are being charged the full amount of the watch until they get their bank or credit card statement..interesting since it's usually more than 14 days after the watch arrives~! Neat trick huh???????? Watch out people... Of course their were no "Terms and Conditions" to read on the web site where I did the survey for my electric company, this 'FREE' watch which was supposed to be only shipping and handling, ACTUALLY COST ME $99.42 TODAY. WHEN I WENT TO GET MONEY OUT OF MY CHECKING ACCOUNT TODAY, BECAUSE THE EXTRA CHARGE FOR THE WATCH, WHICH WAS NOT IN WITH MY ALLOWED BUDGETING FOR BY BILLS, MY ACCOUNT IS NOW IN THE NEGATIVE DUE TO RUSSO WATCHES TOOK 99.42 AND EVERYTHING WENT IN THE OVERDRAFT FROM THERE. NOW THE WATCH THAT I NEVER EVEN PLACED AN ORDER FOR NOW COST ME AN EXTRA $60.00, ON TOP OF THE $99.42 THE CHARGED FOR THE WATCH, PLUS THE SHIPPING AND HANDLING CHARGES. THIS IS VERY UNFAIR AND NOT SOMETHING TO BE HAPPY ABOUT .NOW THIS WATCH HAS COST ME A WHOPPING """"$164.42 ALL TOGETHER .
    I AM ON A SET INCOME DUE TO BECOMING UNEMPLOYED DUE TO CUTS IN THE JOB MARKET AND THIS HAS REALLY PUT ME IN A BIND. THE SURVEY THAT I DID FOR THE ELECTRIC COMPANY for not having any term and conditions it said for me to just take a survey and receive a FREE RUSSO WATCH just pay shipping handling of $4.99. I checked my bank account today and $99.42 was stolen from my bank account. THAT WAS SO DISHONEST OF THEM TO DO THIS. "" IF I had did that to them with no term they would have placed a "LAWSUIT" against me and probably even had tried to have me arrested. IF THEY KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH THIS, IT'S NO WONDER THEY CAN GET RICH OFF PEOPLE, NO MATTER WHAT THE PERSON'S FINANCES ARE, "IT'S A BIG SCAM USING A SURVEY OF SOMETHING WE USE EVERYDAY(ELECTRIC)TO MAKE YOU THINK YOU ARE DOING SOMETHING GOOD FOR THE ELECTRIC COMPANY AND THEN IT COSTS YOU WELL OVER $100+. THIS MATTER IS GOING TO BE PLACED WITH THE BBB BECAUSE IT WAS UNFAIR AND AGAINST THE LAW.
    LITTERALS4

• Ri
      9th of May, 2010

I did a survey with Arcamax.com for a free watch and all I pay is shipping and handling fee. I then went to my bank and was told there was charge on my account 99.42. I am on a fixed income so that threw everything behind for me. this is surely a rip off. The bank gave me an 800 number and I called it and it gave me a website I was suppose toE-mail to get my money back, but they denied me. The website was [protected]@russowatches.com. The number I called the person was rude and unprofessional, so I asked to speak to a supervisor and they said they weren't available. They also said I didn't read the terms and conditions, but that would be little hard to do considering there were none. This is surely an illegal practice for any company. So at time I am asking for help in getting my money returned. If they want their watch back I will return it with no problem. This has left me to do any surveys anymore. RICKY FACEN [protected]@live.com

• Pi
      11th of May, 2010

same thing happened to me was directed from wells fargo online got the watch for my younger brother and i got charged $99.42 for this piece of [censor] watch and these [censor] call center "specialists" DON'T DO IT AT ALL FOR ANYTHING ALL YOU WILL GET IS A PIECE OF [censor] WASH, [censor] CALL CENTER SPECIALIST, AND A HUGE [censor]ING [censor] LOAD OF DISAPPOINTMENT

• Ru
      17th of May, 2010

Same thing happened to me. I usually don't believe in the free stuff anyway but this survey that I had did was from my university so I thought it must be true. little that I knew that it was a scam. I was scamed the same way with survey and free watch. I read the web page very carefully and even when they send me the watch it had no mention of any trial or being charged so I thought it is true of being free but yesterday I was charged 99.42. when I called it gave me a website I was suppose to E-mail to get my money back, but they denied me. The website was [protected]@russowatches.com. it is a ripoff. and the watch is so ugly. it is packed as I received it. I wish I have found this site before so I would not have made that mistake but you know what I am going to advertise the scam on my car so everyone will know wherever I go. Maybe that will help save some people. You should do the same or something else to let them know how BIG OF A SCAM THIS IS. I AM ALSO GOING TO EMAIL EVERYONE AND DO A PASS ON SO THE USA AND WORLD WILL KNOW HOW THEY ARE MAKING MONEY BY FOOLING PEOPLE!!!

• Na
      28th of May, 2010

Same thing happened to me! I got a "free gift" for filling out a survey and since I am always sceptical I made sure to read everything twice. There was NO Mention anywhere about having it for a "trial period". When the watch came it looked like something I would pay $9.99 for at Walmart, so I figured this must be why it was free. Then the other day I looked over my bank statement and to my horror they charged me $99.42 for the piece of crap! Then when I called the number I spoke to some kid who sounded like some stoned rude teenager who directed me to some website to file my complaint. I can't seem to get the website to come up, perhaps they have removed it due to all of their scams back firing! These people should be run out of the country or put in jail. This is American business at it's finest and it disgusts me. Don't ever be fooled and Don't ever buy any product from Russo- they are thieves!

• Ed

Russo watches.com
    10153 1/2 Riverside Dr
    Tuluca Lake, Ca 91602

Sir/madam:

This is a complain in regards to my wach order. I found out that you colected from my visa card the amount of
    $99.42 dated May 18, 2010. I understand that said wach suppose to be from my reward points from my bank account
    as advertized in the enternet and stated that I have to pay only the shipping and handling which was also taken from
    credit card May 5 in the amount of $4.84 and $1.15 respectively. I hope you will immediately take action on this
    problem with the hope that you will credit back the $99.42. Hoping for your immediate reply.

Thanks!

Eduardo Ramiro
    email: [protected]@yahoo.com

• Ed
      10th of Jun, 2010

Talked with the representative with the telephone number given, and I was told to email my complain instead of returning the watch. will wait for your reply through my mail please.

thanks

19th of Aug, 2010

19th of Aug, 2010

I did not like the watch doesn't fit, doesn't work while on my wrist, wasn't planning on paying $100.0 for a watch.
    Wasn't nothing but a big scam, now I'

Im out $100.00 plus another watch was sent for 90.00 didn, t even order.

• Do
      13th of Feb, 2011

My 11 year old son ordered the watch for me in about Mothers day.
    I told them he was under 18. I returned the watch and they have never refunded my money. I am taking it a step further. BBB here we come. RIP OFF ARTISTS!!! Bill for 100 dollars, and the watch was cheap [censor]!!! RIP OFF A KID. Never one time respond to email. VERY UNHAPPY!!! Donna VandePol