RushMyPassport.com / lack of full refund

1 Phildephia, PA, United States Review updated:

the website did not say you needed a destination
in order to obtain a passport thru them. I tried
to get out of the site, but they took my money. The next day customer service said that they would
send me a refund form. If you don't send this back
within 72 hours, they keep all the money. Luckily
I went to the library the next day. Once you fill
the form out you have to fax it to them. They
took $50 dollars from me. They said I filled out
many boxes. I SURE DID, TRYING TO GET OUT
OF THIS RIP OFF SITE!!! THEY ARE UNETHICAL.

Comments

15th of Aug, 2008

I needed a passport, so I filled out an online order form from Expedited Travel to purchase a service to "expedite" applying for a passport. I purchased this service in JUNE 2008. My trip was not until OCTOBER 2008. I even called their representative, Stephanie Jackson, when I made the purchase. I told her my trip was October. She NEVER told me that I did NOT need to use their service. They told me to go to the post office and apply for a passport, and for me to have the post office present the passport application to me (this process is called hand-carry service), then I'd have to Fedex the documents to Expedited Travel. The post office said hand-carry service is completely unnecessary in my case because my trip is months away, and that they would have my passport at my door in 1-2 weeks WITHOUT using Expedited Travel. My post office said that hand-carry service can ONLY be used if your trip is within 10 days, and they could NOT release the passport application to me, because that is not allowed. The post office REFUSED to provide hand-carry service. They tried to call Expedited Travel for me. but no one answered the phone. They told me I should get my money back from Expedited Travel. Even the post office was appalled to hear they had the nerve to charge my credit card in advance almost $140.00 for a service that was cleary NOT needed. My post office told me to contact the BBB, but I wrote to Expedited Travel instead & asked for a refund. I paid them in June with my Chase card. Expedited Travel stated I had to fill out a refund form, so I did. Now they say they will not refund my money. They did NOTHING for me, and provided NO service for me. All they did was take my money. Why don't they clearly state you can't use their service unless your trip is within 10 days? If it said that, I NEVER would have placed an order. How can they take my money for a service the post office provides alone?

• Mi
      20th of Apr, 2009

THIS COMPANY IS A FRAUD!!!

DO NOT USE IT!!! YOU WILL LOSE ALL YOUR MONEY AND YOU WILL NOT GET YOUR PASSPORT IN TIME!

NO RESPONSE BY PHONE OR MAIL...AND TWO WEEKS LATER, NO PASSPORT!

DO IT YOURSELF AT A PASSPORT OFFICE!!!

• Sl
      6th of May, 2010
    RushMyPassport - Did not provide promised refund
    RushMyPassport

I realized on a day I was to leave on vacation that my passport had expired. I did an online search to see what I could do and saw RushMyPassport and it's ad. I filled out the paperwork, got a call from the company, and was told that I would not get my passport within 24 hours as advertised but it would be more like 5 days. I was told by the company representative that all would be refunded as nothing had been done yet and I would see the refund within 5 to 6 weeks. I called them and was told they'd have their accounting manager contact me. I waited a coupld of days and then called back. A message was left on my phone that I would not get a refund. I am reporting this company to the Better Business Bureau. They are running a scam so don't fall into the same trap I did!

• Ro
      8th of Mar, 2017

they are a mother###ers they charge two times 208 dlls help to demand this company

• Cy
      27th of Apr, 2017

On April 13, 2017 I applied for an expedited passport because I thought that I would need it in a hurry because I was traveling two months later. I realized after I paid the $128 that I probably didn't need it expedited after all and tried to cancel and get a refund. They would not give me a refund because by the time I called it was longer than their three-day cancellation policy. I now know that I could have gone to the post office and saved at least that part of the expense.
    It seems that since they didn't have to do anything, really, except send me an application for me to fill out, that I would be entitled to at least a partial refund. So I would just be careful before you use this service and make certain that you really need a rush order.