Rush Kennel / No customer service

1 High Point, NC, US Review updated:

We purchased two lovely black labs from this kennel, and so far they seem to be healthy. Our main complaint is the lack of customer service. I have called them repeatedly and left numerous messages and no one bothers to return my calls. I did not receive any paperwork on my 2 puppies, until after 4 weeks I finally received their UKC proof of ownership, but it was incorrect. I have still, after 5 weeks of waiting, received no shot records for the dogs. I am going to have to take them to my vet and try to determine their dates of birth and start their shots all over, as I have no way of knowing what medical care they have previously had. Their website advertises micro-chipping, my puppies were not micro-chipped. We did purchase them as older dogs, but when they were born I am sure they were advertised as full price puppies. All I want is my paperwork!

More Rush Kennel Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Me
      Aug 12, 2009

Did you "physically" pick the puppies up from the kennel? If so, have you tried going back there?

• Re
      Aug 13, 2009

If you did not physically go to the kennel and inspect it yourself and get referrals from other owners they have sold to and other reliable breeders in the area, it sounds to me like you bought puppy mill puppies. Find out where these people actually ARE and go there. Take good care of your dogs- I hope they are healthy and all right

• Me
      Aug 13, 2009

If you find out your puppies came from a puppy mill make sure to report them to the Authorities. Good luck!

• Li
      Aug 25, 2009

Ms Kimsey has recieved her registration for both of her puppies. The manager of our facility informed Ms Kimsey when she purchased her puppies that her registration papers would be mailed to her, she purchased the puppies at different times, one was purchased and several weeks later she returned to purchase a second puppy, both puppies were picked up after office hours. Our managers had Ms Kimsey to sign a health contract for each puppy at the time of purchase, she was told she would be mailed the registration papers, since both puppies were purchased after business hours our office was closed our kennel manager that was nice enough to let her come in after business hours had no way of knowing the status of the registrations. She received both puppies at a discounted price, micro chips are only given for customers that pay full price for a puppy. Our facility has a five star rating, our certificate is posted on our home website along with many testimonials from our prior customers over our many years as doing business as Rush Kennels. Regards, Linda Austin / Secretary Rush Kennels

Aug 30, 2009

Shelia Rush should be put out of business, and have all her animals taking away from her, and She should put in a kennel and breed over and over. I don' t know who these crazy people are that are letting her continue to do this. But she needs to be put out of business

Aug 30, 2009

I am the husband of Kelly1128, we have spent over thousands of dollars on one dog from Shelia Rush, not counting the money we spent on the male that was not suppose to be in the same blood line as the female we had bought from her. With the 2 dogs from her we have spent alot of money on them but its not fair to them just to let the dogs hurt, not i cant breed the 2dogs so i'm out more money there. She should be shut down and put out of business.

• La
      Sep 01, 2009

Rush Kennels dames are only bred once a year . Our contract clearly states paragraph (5) Puppies sold must be spayed or neutered. Our facility is well respected by Animal control, local Veterinarians, and our many customers over the years.

Our facility has a business license doing business as Rush Kennels for many years, hundreds of satisfied customers that love and support us. I am sure we will continue doing business for many years breeding beautiful healthy puppies with the support of our many customers, our staff and the support of our local animal control, Police Dept. ect... testimonials are posted on our home website, our testimonials say it all about what our customers think of Rush Kennels

Sep 25, 2009

There is nothing on my contract telling me I can not breed, It is right here in front of me. I was honest with Shelia, with breeding. And tell me this, if they are not related then why does my pedigree state that they are? And of course your website will say all good thing about your kennel. You have to search the internet for the truth. So why arn't you guys breeding great danes or boxers anymore? I will stay up to date with this, because I am an animal lover, and I think Shelia is all about Money...I watch my dog suffer everyday because of sorry breeding. I would not be as upset if someone would have talked to me like a person and not like I was ignorent.. You never believed what I was saying... I sent you pic and called nicely and tried talking to you. As I start doing some research there are people all over the internet complaining about you..

Sep 25, 2009

I will be contacting the AkC

• We
      Mar 09, 2010

My contract didn't state I couldn't breed, nor did it require spay/neutering. I was encourgaged to breed because my puppy was from "such a great stock"

• Sl
      Mar 28, 2010

dont ya love the puppies you got
    breed your own dam pups then
    sick and tired of puppy buyers complaining about everything, ... but yet they expect to find some one to buy a puppy off of !!!

Breeders are sick and tired of you folks slandering dog breeders.

sue sue sue them for slander.

• We
      Apr 14, 2010

To slander finder. After all the press on this breeder maybe now you have a different opinion. And breeding your own puppies is not a good idea for soooo many reasons. FYI...dogs have numerous health, temerment, social, etc issues. If you just breed your own dogs you could actually intensify traits that are very undesireable. You could also have puppies with a lot of health problems. I think you will find that people don't slander reputable breeders, just backyard breeders/puppymills that have no idea what they are doing, yet promise people these great purebreed dogs for inflated prices.

Anyhow. Just in case you are not aware. The breeder in question was just arrested for animal cruelty and had over 90 dogs seized from her property.

Not everyone just slanders. Some people have a reason to complain.

Nov 09, 2010

Well in 2006, I purchased a Silver Blue Weimaraner (Female) from this breeder. I have had nothing but excellent routine vet visits with my dog "Katie Gentle Lady" who will be 5 next year. My experience with Rush Kennels, particularly Sheila, was outstanding. Communication was never an issue with them. We even exchanged pictures of my dog for the first year atleast via email. Always very responsive. I remember the day I picked my dog up. Sheila told me that if for ANY reason I changed my mind on keeping her, to bring her back to them. I drove from Augusta, GA to get my dog. I was very impressed with the facility, the dog store, etc. I am very saddened to hear about all of this going on. My sympathy goes out to all of the dog lovers who got ill puppies.

Nov 15, 2010

I am happy that your dog is doing good. Really I am, you got lucky. It has been a while since I posted anything. And for a update with my danes. I had to put my male down, he was only 3 years old. My femal is getting to that point where she is not able to function with out the help of me. Her bowles are not working the way the are suppose to, and she is constuntly scraching due to the mange. I am so happy they saved the other dogs and got them out of that place. It is selfish of me to have kept Mable (my dane) around as long as I have. But I just love her so much. I blame Sheila for all of this.