Run Local Locksmith / Run Local Locksmith were extremely justified in their work.

1 SC, United States Review updated:

I was so pissed off at myself for getting locked out the second time! Last time, I called some bizarre contracting service and dealt with a dishonest weirdo (whom I wasn't very comfortable with knowing where I live). I didn't want to go through the similar experience so searched on the internet and found that Run Local locksmith is worth taking a chance as they have collect a huge amount of positive reviews. Now, I can safely say that they were extremely justified in their work. Far efficient, quick, affordable and reliable. I would never ever give second thought before ringing them up whenever I would need them.

Comments

• Lo
      7th of Dec, 2010

This scam outfit is NOT accredited by the BBB, and in fact has an "F" rating for every location nationwide. Check here: http://www.bbb.org/west-florida/business-reviews/locksmith-supply-stores/run-local-locksmith-in-plant-city-fl-90068396 (If the URL is missing, it's the BBB, use a search engine, then type in "run local locksmith" into THEIR search engine)

They are also NOT members of ALOA, check here: http://www.findalocksmith.com/search.aspx (If the IRL is missing, it's find a locksmith (dot) com - No spaces)

They are part and parcel of the illegal foreign nationals running scams out of Florida, but advertising as "local" - Nearly ALL of the technicians are non-work visa'd individuals, and the parent company is under indictment in multiple states. $20 million dollars a year for these folks. See here: http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4GGLL_enUS373US373&q=locksmith+scams (If the URL is missing, search any search engine for "locksmith scams")

Check out the poor English in many of the posts FOR the business. Most of the people are foreign nationals who are NOT visa'd to work here. That $20 billion above? ALL shipped out of the country.

About the original poster? As a locksmith, and a legitimate one, under NO circumstances should any Kwikset other than a SmartKey take longer than 10 minutes to pick, and that's for a noob or a non-proficient 'smith. The rest of us can do it in 2. While you'll ALWAYS pay a higher cost for hardware from a locksmith than from say, Home Depot, under no circumstances should it be anywhere near $110. The pick to open cost should have been minimal - In So Cal, the entire job would have come in under $100.

How the scam works: A company in a different country (always the same one) sets up thousands of "local" phone numbers here, then mass registers them in Google Local and other search engines. When you call, you get an operator in New York or Florida, who has NO clue where you are, but dispatches a "technician" - The "technician again, is generally a non-work visa'd individual, usually here on a student visa. The parent company sets fake prices, shill prices, as lead-in's... $19 car unlocks, $29 service calls, etc. They tell the "technician" that they'll require XX of dollars for the service, ALWAYS a higher than normal price to begin with. Whatever the "technician" forces/intimidates you into paying on top of that is the ONLY money he makes. It is then incumbent on him to charge as much as possible under any pretense as possible so he gets some money/pay. The "technician" then splits out the company's "fee" - Gets a Money Order, and sends it to a collection address out of the country.

Some of the "technicians" sell the key codes and key copies for homes to an lesser element for fast cash - Leaving you open to car theft (not reimbursable without a forced entry), and home invasions and robberies.

If a technician demands far, FAR more than he quoted, call the police, while he's there. Do NOT let him intimidate you. If he knows you're calling the police, 9 times out of 10 he will leave, as he does not want to be found with burglary tools (picks and such) without a business or other license. Then call a REAL locksmith and get your place rekeyed, as the fake locksmith has your codes.

Fake locksmiths are a very real, and very dangerous problem. Be proactive.

7th of Dec, 2010

Run Local Locksmith provided friendly and timely locksmith to us @ orange county home.

Regards
    Andrew Miller

• Ha
      8th of Dec, 2010

Run Local Locksmith are great! They are very professional, fast and prompt. Their attitude made a really stressful situation a lot better. I am truly grateful. Thank you Run Local Locksmith!

• Ha
      8th of Dec, 2010

The team of Run Local Locksmith was extremely courteous and professional over the phone. Up-front about all costs involved to rekey my home. The final price actually ended up being less than the original estimate! Can't ask for anything more especially given the quality and professionalism I received. Hats off!

9th of Dec, 2010

Run Local Locksmith is the only locksmith company whose response time is least. I have been using their service for a considerably long period of time and have faced no problem as far as customer satisfaction is concerned. They have been a buddy to me as they are there for me whenever I need them. Infact our bonding has grown stronger over the period. I always suggest them to all my friends who have also enjoyed equal benefits of their bankable service.

9th of Dec, 2010

I called up Run Local Locksmith when I was locked out of my house at around 2 am. I did not have any spare key also. The lady on the phone was extremely polite and sent a guy within 20 min at my place. He was wearing an elegant uniform and was well equipped. He had a very pleasant and humble nature. He unlocked the door in just 5 minutes! I could not believe my eyes! Moreover, he offered me a spare key. I couldn’t have expected more. I highly recommend Run Local Locksmith.

• Pa
      14th of Dec, 2010

Recently I utilized Run Local Locksmith to change the locks on a newly purchased home. The locksmith arrived exactly when he said he would. He was polite and friendly and took his time to assess the best way to secure the home. Then he went to work and finished the job in a timely manner. He also offered me some extended service which was not even on agenda. And all of this great service for a great price! I would recommend Run Local Locksmith and Thomas to any of my friends and family. Job well done.

• Da
      14th of Dec, 2010

Bob was extremely helpful, experienced, and exceeded expectations. The attention to detail and little things he went above and beyond which left a very favourable impression and reason why I should use again and refer to friends in the future. Thanks Run Local Locksmith!

• Sc
      18th of Dec, 2010

I went to a locksmith, who is round the corner of my home, three times to get just a house key made and it never worked. Then with recommendation from a friend I called up Run Local Locksmith. They arrived within the set time frame and cut one key for me and it works great. I will never go back to that local locksmith to get copies made ever again when I am served with excellence at my door step. Thanks Run Local Locksmith.

• Wi
      18th of Dec, 2010

I am a real estate agent in Texas and have hundreds of keys! Which I must say I can never find the right key for the right property. Run Local Locksmith to the rescue. Run Local Locksmith always shows up at the appointed time and do the job fast. Dave just saved the day for me once again.

18th of Dec, 2010

I decided to have half dead-bolt locks installed on my doors for added security. I went with Run Local Locksmith as my service provider. Scheduling was prompt and courteous. Aaron from Run Local Locksmith came out to my home and did a wonderful job installing the locks for me. He arrived on time, was polite, speedy and provided professional quality installation. I am very pleased with Run Local Locksmith and would recommend them to everyone.

• Yo
      18th of Dec, 2010

Run Local Locksmith is easy to find and prompt. I made an appointment and they started the work as soon as I arrived as I was waiting for the car to be finished. Sean was quite knowledgeable and even provided some helpful tips on how to repair one of the doors.

• Ad
      18th of Dec, 2010

I’d like to share some personal comments about the locksmith who helped me. Not only was he very professional, well-mannered, and highly skilled and knowledgeable, his personal skills placed him over the top. For any future work of this type, I will definitely make it a point to contact RUN LOCAL LOCKSMITH again. Thank you for the great work.

• Ri
      27th of Dec, 2010

I accidently locked my car with keys inside it in an unfamiliar territory, I phoned up my Insurance Company who Referred me to Run Local Locksmith. The woman who answered was very friendly & told me she'd have a technician out to me in less than 30 Min's & it was, The man was very Professional in unlocking up my car & recommended a Transmission Specialist, all in all it turned out well thanks to this Company.

• Sh
      27th of Dec, 2010

We have 3 Italian doors in our house that lock all along the spines. The locks were hard to operate and while we were away, our cat-sitter was locked out. She called a locksmith, who could not fix the locks and ended up drilling out the lock. We called up Run Local Locksmith to fix the lock on the emergency basis. They came over in just 30 minute and put the locks in all three doors in another 30 that too for a very nominal cost. I am really appeased and confided by them. Good Luck.

• De
      27th of Dec, 2010

I had a very bad experience with another locksmith which left me with no lock on my front door. The locksmith quoted me between $ 300 and $ 400 to replace the lock. This seemed like a lot so I called around and Run Local Locksmith charged me quite nominal for the same service. They also cleaned up the mess after fixing the lock. Everything was done so orderly that I must say he was highly professional.

• Pa
      28th of Dec, 2010

Mr. adamhudson, I really don't know what crap you all are talking. Because in my knowledge there are many Locksmith. May be you had been confused by its name. And in your frustation you all are blaming them. As per I know We own a rooming house and needed a key system that could not be copied and would easily allow us to change all the keys if one our tenants lost or did not return the front door key when they moved out. We turned to Run Local Locksmith because my best friend suggested me that they are very reliable than any other local locksmiths. I stood tall to these words. I was utterly impressed with their service. It is affordable, fast and friendly.

28th of Dec, 2010

The technician from suggested keying the new locks the same as the other door so there's only one key. This was very helpful as I thought I would have different keys for every lock. He even cleaned up the mess afterwards. There were a couple of times where I was confused if they will charge me extra for all those add-on services, but I taken by the surprise that that all was part of their service too and they charged me as promised on the phone. Since then I admire Run Local locksmith for their excellent service.

30th of Dec, 2010

I had locked myself outside the house with my cellphone and keys inside while house-sitting my friends' home. Since it was a Sunday afternoon I wasn't expecting anyone to come save me anytime soon or even pick up my call. After calling a few other local locksmiths I happened to call Run Local Locksmith. I must that they have emerged as an ace in this field.

• Aa
      30th of Dec, 2010

Mr. Turner from Run Local Locksmith came to my house and installed 3 deadbolts and knob sets at my residence and was very courteous and patient with me explaining all that he was doing as he was performing the work. He did exceptional work at an affordable price. I did find out the he is licensed by the State of Alabama.