run-local-locksmith / outrageously high prices + false advertising,

1 national 88868630885863088, United States Review updated:
Phone: 8009266165, 3139694777, 2487640451

Never use that scam !
That national company, advertises low service fee ($29), and prices 10% to 25% lower than local locksmiths. The word"local" in its name lends to think they can be trusted. I needed a simple pair of Kwikset locks on my apprtment door unlocked, my spare keys were in the appartment. i got their tel # from a friend who saw the low price advertisement
The technician insisted against my better judgement that he had to change the 2 locks, charged me $336 for it, which I paid since I was desperate to get to work. I called several real local locksmiths 2 days later and put a stop on my credit card payment. They all said they could surely open that type of locks for a total of $70-$80. My bill listed $180 for opening the 2 locks, $110 for the 2 locks. I checked the current price of the current similar pair of Kwikset locks (they used an older model) : $50.
I know of 2 other instances when that company has insisted to change locks needlessly. Their low prices advertising is deceptive sicne they charge outrageously high prices compared to honest local artisans

Nr

More run-local-locksmith Complaints & Reviews

Comments

Jul 24, 2009

I wish I had read this prior to calling them. They ripped us off too. They claim that the fee is $29 and might be more once the technician sees the difficulty of the job. The guy came 1 hour and 45 minutes later when I was told it would be a 3o min wait. The total cost was $149. It took him less then two minutes to open my car. NEVER USE THEM...The office staff is just as crooked.

• Li
      Aug 01, 2009

I wish I had chance to read this too. But most of time we don't have time to read posts carefully when we are locked out. Today, my old lock was not working, and I was locked out after I walked my dog in dark. My neighbor helped me call runlocal locksmith since their website is very misleading. The guy also came 1hr late. He changed lock, and charged me $380! But it is dark, and I am a single girl, how could I do except paying him.

•   Oct 05, 2010

All this seems to me a crap and made up stories . I have personally called them and taken up the services from them it's all fake and some unfaithful stories that you are making. Probably fo once you may have come across the bad service due to one of the technicians but generalizing it on whole of the company is not that good. Every Individual has particular attitude . Its just that . When I took the services from them 3 years back they were wonderful and now they are awesome in delivering the best of the services of the world. The technicians are very well groomed and very well trained for the services being offered

•   Oct 05, 2010

Hi li-li,

My experience with them was really nice and memorable one.

My mom was alone at home at age 82year and she got locked inside and we were out partying. She called some friend and asked for the help . They gave her there number and the guy came in 15 mins and unlocked the door . Made my mom comfortable and gave her water to drink. The tecnician then called us and we came driving fast .

This technician was wonderful and I have heard there all technicians are very humble and co operative . When things like such occur . We should not think about money . I have also learn that they are reasonable then the other competitors in there line.

Happy with Run lock smith company :)

•   Oct 07, 2010

Hi nrist,

I am very happy with Run Local Locksmith . They are best in the area and offer the best services at reasonable prices and have a systematic way of charging. They clearly give you estimates that what the actual final cost would be . If you are comfortable with the cost only then they start up the process.

Majorly they have paper work with and the charge is according to the company cost. It's not like that they charge for anything and everything but if your lock is not in working order then they change it of course.

The technicians are great and I agree with Roxy and John A. Simmer for that.If you have actually tried the local artisans you are talking about they are not professional and efficiency in the work and there work is not at all up to the mark . But if you are actually looking for the perfect work then this is surely the best place for best quality services.

Regards

•   Oct 15, 2010

I have heard that they are good in services and there technicians are very well experienced. If money is not much concern and you are looking for great services, professional services they are apt to serve you then .

•   Oct 19, 2010

Mr. RedlineM203

This is a open place where a consumer can write there experience . If you have had bad experince that does not mean they dont serve well. Please just write what u feel please dont comment on others

•   Oct 19, 2010

I hope such things don't happen with you again . However call them when you need locksmiths the most. Excellent Services !! Run Local Locksmith .

They have great prices with great customer service and you benefit from there fantastic 15-minute response time, which is the time from which your call is received until the time that your locksmith is dispatched. They offer a 90-day guarantee on all of our work.Again I conclude by saying they are awesome in services offered Excellent Services !! Run Local Locksmith .

•   Oct 22, 2010

Hi nrist, Li-li and Marilyn Hicks

I am sure that you people have had a real bad experience but just to share my experience as it was really good to hire services of Run Local Locksmiths technicians.

I went off locking the door inside out by mistake as the new technology door of high security, I called one of the local artisans and they said we can not give this services as this technology is not with us . I placed two guards on the door that night and tried another artisans they replied in the same manner.

I called Run Local Locksmith as they operate 24hours*7nights and even on holidays. I called them at night around 12am and the technicians was available at my place in 15mins he checked the door and replaced the lock in 25mins with the high proficiency and effectiveness.

I was so happy and delighted with the services that the charge of $450 seemed too reasonable to me.

I believe when it comes to services no one can be as good as them . The company and the technicians are wonderful at there work.

•   Oct 22, 2010

Run Local Locksmith is a certified licensee of the TRUSTe® Site Services Program. The privacy statement and practices of www.run-local-locksmith.com have been reviewed by TRUSTe for compliance with our strict program requirements. We offer lock installation, lock repair, and installation of all types of locks. They carry locks for all of your security needs. We charge a $19 service fee for every customer visit we make. The total cost of your job will depend on the services rendered as labor plus materials purchased along with the $19 service call. We have great prices with great customer service and you benefit from our fantastic 15-minute response time, which is the time from which your call is received until the time that your locksmith is dispatched. We offer a 90-day guarantee on all of our work. We are a Member of the Associated Locksmiths of America

•   Oct 28, 2010

Run local locksmith provides a complete residential locksmith services. There technicians are highly trained and driving a fully equipped locksmith vehicle and ready to meet the needs of any job at your home. Whether you have lockout situation, need to change locks or re key your locks.

Once you call Run local locksmith, there professional locksmith will arrive your home with the fastest response time, and he will explain the newest types of locks to you and make recommendations based on your unique needs-customer satisfaction guarantee!

At Run local locksmith they offer high-security products for your home using the most advanced technology at affordable prices. Call them today for all your residential locksmith needs. Homeowners, more and more, are using door hardware to make a quality statement about their home.

•   Oct 28, 2010

They are professional locksmiths are licensed, bonded and insured!

•   Oct 28, 2010

Run local locksmith residential services include;  House lockouts, Install, repair or replace all locks, Re-key of all types of locks., High security locks installed, Key less entry locks installed, Cabinet locks, gun and file cabinets can be re keyed or changed, Safe combinations changed, Garage door locks can be re keyed or changed, Mailbox locks and keys installed or changed.

•   Oct 28, 2010

Only $15 Locksmith Company - There  24×7 x 365 day locksmith services meet all your lockout and security service needs. All the rates are affordable and considerably lower than our competitors. Whether you are a domestic or commercial customer, they have a perfect locksmith solution for you. They are proud to drive our costs down to serve you more efficiently.

Nov 01, 2010

Mr Fred, I seriously feel that it's really wrong on your part to put such negative comments which are entirely baseless and without any concrete facts. To spread rumors is not good.They have clearly mentioned in there website http://www.run-local-locksmith.com/ that the charges $19 are service charges of technician going to someone's place then other charges are based on the services and type of Installation. Now these charges as you said are too high are generally levied by any locksmith company. This is a reasonable and normal cost in keeping this consideration that the services are too great.I hope Mr. Fred that you will again take there services some day and appreciate there technicians some day. Run local Locksmith has awesome services to offer for all!!!

Nov 02, 2010

You are right Richard Collins, Deborah Allen and Johanna Taylor.
    I have taken services from them they are good and efficient in services. Run Local Locksmith are good in delivering the services on the specified time and in reasonable cost.Best Services are offered by them presently I have even given there reference to some of my friends living in here are one of them called me saying that the team is too good in delivering services and very efficient and knowledgeable in the area of expertise. I am really really happy . I hope if you people take there help now probably it would be best .

Nov 02, 2010

Excellent Services !! Run Local Locksmith .I agree with the services offered by Run local locksmith are great and worth the amount spend . They offer a variety of services at reasonable cost with a lot of efficiency and in specified time. They offer Lock installation, lock repair, and installation of all types of locks. They carry locks for all of your security needs. They charge a $19 service fee for every customer visit they make. The total cost of your job will depend on the services rendered as labor plus materials purchased along with the $19 service call. They have great prices with great customer service and you benefit from there fantastic 15-minute response time, which is the time from which your call is received until the time that your locksmith is dispatched. They offer a 90-day guarantee on all of our work. They have clearly mentioned in there website http://www.run-local-locksmith.com/ that the charges $19 are service charges of technician going to someone's place then other charges are based on the services and type of Installation. Now these charges as you said are too high are generally levied by any locksmith company. This is a reasonable and normal cost in keeping this consideration that the services are too great.

Nov 03, 2010

There technicians are highly trained and driving a fully equipped locksmith vehicle and ready to meet the needs of any job at your home. Whether you have lockout situation, need to change locks or re key your locks; Once you call Run local locksmith,  there professional locksmith will arrive your home with the fastest response time, and he will explain the newest types of locks to you and make recommendations based on your unique needs-customer satisfaction guarantee! At Run local locksmith they offer high-security products for your home using the most advanced technology at affordable prices. Call them today for all your residential locksmith needs. Homeowners, more and more, are using door hardware to make a quality statement about their home. Run Local can help you make a great first impression, starting at the front door and continuing throughout the house, while offering the best security a homeowner can buy. If you’ve just purchased a new house then you don’t know how many keys are out there. Don’t trust your property to the previous owner’s lock sets. Perhaps a babysitter, maintenance person or almost anyone could have the keys to your new home.

• De
      Nov 03, 2010

To spread rumors is not good. They have clearly mentioned in there website http://www.run-local-locksmith.com/ that the charges $19 are service charges of technician going to someone's place then other charges are based on the services and type of Installation. I seriously do not have a clue about why everyone is criticizing the services of run Local locksmith . They are good in services and there technicians are very well experienced. If money is not much concern and you are looking for great services, professional services they are apt to serve you then. As per my suggesion Run Local Locksmiths are best in there services. The team was so humble and wonderful in cooperation and the charges were exactly explained to us and the same are visible on the websites. Whether you are a domestic or commercial customer, they have a perfect locksmith solution for you. Whether you are a domestic or commercial customer, they have a perfect locksmith solution for you. They are proud to drive our costs down to serve you more efficiently.

•   Nov 08, 2010

Run local locksmith technicians are highly trained and driving a fully equipped locksmith vehicle and ready to meet the needs of any job at our home. Whether we have lockout situation, need to change locks or re-key our locks. Once we call Run local locksmith, there professional locksmith will arrive our home with the fastest response time, and he will explain the newest types of locks to us and make recommendations based on our unique needs-customer satisfaction guarantee! At Run local locksmith they offer high-security products for our home using the most advanced technology at affordable prices. Run Local can help us make a great first impression, starting at the front door and continuing throughout the house, while offering the best security a homeowner can buy. Call them today for all your residential locksmith needs. I hope if you people take there help now probably it would be best.

Nov 08, 2010

Run local locksmith offers a complete and comprehensive array of security solutions for all types of businesses; whether it is an entire corporate offices building or a small store front, they do it all.
    We customers know they rest assure while they take care of our business security offering reliable service at extremely competitive Rates. Run local locksmith technicians arrive to any job well equipped with the latest modern technology to service customers at the most efficient and professional way. Run local locksmith provides fast, efficient and affordable quality industrial service. They provide industrial door locks and door hardware installation. Their company handles repairs, and security solutions for businesses, institutional buildings, warehouses, condos, office buildings, hotels and motels, restaurants and other institutions with door hardware from the leading lock manufacturers in the market. Run Local Locksmith's fast, friendly, dependable professional technicians will provide you with the most professional service for affordable price.

Nov 09, 2010

•   Nov 09, 2010

They have best services to offer. I have checked they are acclaimed by BBB accredited business and also in list of llinois dept of financial and professional regulation License section. They are professional licensed, bonded and insured! They offer lock installation, lock repair, and installation of locks with pick-proof cylinders. They carry low, medium, and high security locks for all of your security rerun local locksmith residential services include; House lockouts, Install, repair or replace all locks, Re-key of all types of locks., High security locks installed, Key less entry locks installed, Cabinet locks, gun and file cabinets can be re keyed or changed, Safe combinations changed, Garage door locks can be re keyed or changed, Mailbox locks and keys installed or changed. Whether you are a domestic or commercial customer, they have a perfect locksmith solution for you. They are proud to drive our costs down to serve you more efficiently.

•   Nov 10, 2010

I seriously do not have a clue about why everyone is criticizing the services of run Local locksmith . I took services from them just a week back and it was the best services I could ever get. The team was so humble and wonderful in cooperation and the charges levied were exactly explained to us and the same are visible on the website.

I am really really happy . I hope if you people take there help now probably it would be best . Try them once (888) 686-3088

•   Nov 11, 2010

Yes u r right James. They carry locks for all of our security needs. They charge a $19 service fee for every customer visit they make. The total cost of our job will depend on the services rendered as labor plus materials purchased along with the $19 service call. They have great prices with great customer service and you benefit from there fantastic 15-minute response time, which is the time from which your call is received until the time that your locksmith is dispatched. Run Local has been providing innovative security solutions for schools, hospitals, hotels, condominiums and a host of other commercial companies. Today, Run Local is at the forefront of cutting-edge technology such as biometrics and high security locks. Providing a wide range of products, styles and finishes, Run Local can install what you need. In addition, they stand behind every lock we install with some of the best after-sales service in the business. They offer a 6 month warranty on new locks.

•   Nov 12, 2010

Hello nrist

Me seriously not agry with all ur reports. As for my concern I had very good experience with them. As I was locked in my house, I just called them by searching there no. from website. They came in 30 min which was ok for me. As they came, they politely talked and soon opened my door with there latest equipments. They charged me $29. I given them there money happily, as that was a big thing for me. So I wonder how u all had bad experience with them. May be some of u had met with some another guy who was no so humble. All boys are not of same nature. I think $29 was a good deal with them.

Regards
    Smith Lawyer

•   Nov 12, 2010

Why all you are panic so much. Sometimes it happened with all. We always go with some mis-understandings. Sometimes we had bad experience also. That does not mean that you all people make panic and blame to them. If they work for your safty, they must charged you the amount, and u must pay to them. We had also a good experience with these guys. As they had opened my store room with was locked from inside. They worked for 30 min and finally opened the door. So I don't think that there is any means of panic. They are here for our help, not for blaming.

• De
      Nov 23, 2010

I have checked they are acclaimed by BBB Accredited business and also in list of Illinois dept of financial and professional regulation License section

Run Local Locksmith has all accreditation required to run smooth business and now I have heard they really have great services to offer.

For sure they have the best services now as my neighbors have taken services from them and they said they were great

•   Nov 30, 2010

As I always say that Run local locksmith are genuine and do not bother about what others say. This is an open field, and most of them are competitors. So I m again saying that ignore all those unrelevent comments. They are only competitors. So Run local locksmith technicians are highly trained and driving a fully equipped locksmith vehicle and ready to meet the needs of any job at our home. Whether we have lockout situation, need to change locks or re-key our locks. Once we call Run local locksmith, there professional locksmith will arrive our home with the fastest response time, and he will explain the newest types of locks to us and make recommendations based on our unique needs-customer satisfaction guarantee! Call them today for all your residential locksmith needs. I hope if you people take there help now probably it would be best.

•   Dec 02, 2010

I don't think that competitors of Run Local Locksmith will leave the bad comments bcaz they have to promote their own bussiness. As they know that Run Local Locksmith's had capture the market of Lock. So they use negative comments. But truth never fails, people will take decision itself abt run local locksmith. But I will to whole world that atleast try them once, may be u will be benifited from their work. As from my opinion they are best and do there work honestly. Thanks & Regards

Dec 03, 2010

They are professional locksmiths are licensed, bonded and insured! They offer lock installation, lock repair, and installation of locks with pick-proof cylinders. They carry low, medium, and high security locks for all of your security needs. They charge a $15 service fee for every customer visit we make. The total cost of your job will depend on the services rendered as labor plus materials purchased along with the $15 service call. Come and enjoy our great prices and great customer service when you benefit from our fantastic 15-minute response time, which is the time from which your call is received until the time that your service technician is dispatched and don’t forget about our 90-day guarantee on all of our work.

•   Dec 06, 2010

As a professional I would suggest you all that there is no such things for whome we sould worry. As this is the age of competition and there are lots of competitors in all fields. So if u read negative comments on Run Local Locksmith's, then dont worry, ignore it and try to call them when you are in need. There is no problem by giving them one chance. As we all have right to think, as we like. So use your brains & take decisions.

• Lo
      Dec 07, 2010

This scam outfit is NOT accredited by the BBB, and in fact has an "F" rating for every location nationwide. Check here: http://www.bbb.org/west-florida/business-reviews/locksmith-supply-stores/run-local-locksmith-in-plant-city-fl-90068396 (If the URL is missing, it's the BBB, use a search engine, then type in "run local locksmith" into THEIR search engine)

They are also NOT members of ALOA, check here: http://www.findalocksmith.com/search.aspx (If the IRL is missing, it's find a locksmith (dot) com - No spaces)

They are part and parcel of the illegal foreign nationals running scams out of Florida, but advertising as "local" - ALL of the technicians are non-work visa'd individuals, and the parent company is under indictment in multiple states. $20 million dollars a year for these folks. See here: http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4GGLL_enUS373US373&q=locksmith+scams (If the URL is missing, search any search engine for "locksmith scams")

Check out the poor English in all the posts FOR the business. ALL of these people are foreign nationals who are visa'd to work here. That $20 billion above? ALL shipped out of the country.

About the original poster? As a locksmith, and a legitimate one, under NO circumstances should any Kwikset other than a SmartKey take longer than 10 minutes to pick, and that's for a noob or a non-proficient 'smith. The rest of us can do it in 2. While you'll ALWAYS pay a higher cost for hardware from a locksmith than from say, Home Depot, under no circumstances should it be anywhere near $110. The pick to open cost should have been minimal - In So Cal, the entire job would have come in under $100.

How the scam works: A company in a different country (always the same one) sets up thousands of "local" phone numbers here, then mass registers them in Google Local and other search engines. When you call, you get an operator in New York or Florida, who has NO clue where you are, but dispatches a "technician" - The "technician again, is a non-work visa'd individual, usually here on a student visa. The parent company sets fake prices, shill prices, as lead-in's... $19 car unlocks, $29 service calls, etc. They tell the "technician" that they'll require XX of dollars for the service, ALWAYS a higher than normal price to begin with. Whatever the "technician" forces/intimidates you into paying on top of that is the ONLY money he makes. It is then incumbent on him to charge as much as possible under any pretense as possible so he gets some money/pay. The "technician" then splits out the company's "fee" - Gets a Money Order, and sends it to a collection address out of the country.

Some of the "technicians" sell the key codes and key copies for homes to an lesser element for fast cash - Leaving you open to car theft (not reimbursable without a forced entry), and home invasions and robberies.

If a technician demands far, FAR more than he quoted, call the police, while he's there. Do NOT let him intimidate you. If he knows you're calling the police, 9 times out of 10 he will leave, as he does not want to be found with burglary tools (picks and such) without a business or other license. Then call a REAL locksmith and get your place rekeyed, as the fake locksmith has your codes.

Fake locksmiths are a very real, and very dangerous problem. Be proactive.

•   Dec 08, 2010

• Ha
      Dec 08, 2010

Just moved here from Nashville, TN and lost my Scion keys the FIRST weekend I got here. I must have called 10 or so Locksmiths and kept getting told I would have to tow my car to the dealer. What a nightmare. I almost fell over when Run Local Locksmith told me that they could replace my keys, right at my new apartment without towing. And then they sent someone the same day!!! This is an awesome service and everyone should be so lucky as to call them if they need car keys. They can bet that I will be referring them to everyone I know. Thank you Run Local Locksmith.

• Ha
      Dec 08, 2010

Having dealt with them several times now, I like their expertise and genuine care of a customer's security. Each time I needed their services, I have gained a wealth of knowledge about my own security issues. They are friendly and take the time to tend to the details of my needs. I will keep going back because their prices are reasonable and they do those little things that make all the difference...Thank you so much for making me feel safe guys.

• Vi
      Dec 10, 2010

As per my suggesion Run Local Locksmiths are best in there services. I had used there services and highly influenced by there performance. They are best in there work. I know Run Local Locksmith are best in there work, as i had self experienced it. Run Local Locksmith has a awesome services. I took services from them just a month back and it was the best services i could ever get. The team was so humble and wonderful in cooperation and the charges were exactly explained to us and the same are visible on the websites. They offer lock installation, lock repair, and installation of locks with pick-proof cylinders. They carry low, medium, and high security locks for all of your security neRun local locksmith residential services include; House lockouts, Install, repair or replace all locks, Re-key of all types of locks., High security locks installed, Key less entry locks installed, Cabinet locks, gun and file cabinets can be re keyed or changed, Safe combinations changed, Garage door locks can be re keyed or changed, Mailbox locks and keys installed or changed. They have great prices with great customer service and you benefit from there fantastic 15-minute response time, which is the time from which your call is received until the time that your locksmith is dispatched. They offer a 90-day guarantee on all of our work.Again I conclude by saying they are awesome in services offered Excellent Services !! Run Local Locksmith.

•   Dec 13, 2010

I dont know about others, but my experience was different. They were a little late, but their work was excellent. I will give them 10/10 on their work performance. I took services from them just a month back and it was the best services i could ever get. The team was so humble and wonderful in cooperation and the charges were exactly explained to us and the same are visible on the websites. They offer lock installation, lock repair, and installation of locks with pick-proof cylinders. Today, Run Local is at the forefront of cutting-edge technology such as biometrics and high security locks. Providing a wide range of products, styles and finishes, Run Local can install what you need. In addition, They stand behind every lock they install with some of the best after-sales service in the business. They offer a 6 month warranty on new locks.

Dec 16, 2010

Yeah you are right. I also dont have any problem with run local locksmith. As they are good in there services. They were very humble. They exactly know what to do at what time. They had opened my car as my kid was locked in car . They just said that give me 10 min. And within 10 min they opened the door. I think thats was something nice and wonderful. So I feel very bad when lots of people talk rubish about them. Thats why I am here to tell the truth and about my experience. God bless you all. Thanks

Dec 17, 2010

The keys of my BMW got locked inside it accidently. I used the internet to find who can open its door without any damage. The first few calls to the service providers were either transferred to the automated voice recorders or were not responded at all, which I found quite strange. Run Local Locksmith not only took the call at 2 in night but also sent the expert automobile locksmith within next 25 minutes.