run-local-locksmith / Outrageous Prices When They Arrive

1 Milwaukee Area, WI, United States Review updated:

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!! I blame myself for not searching further before agreeing to have them come out. I foolishly locked my keys in my car, of course, on a morning when I really needed to be somewhere. I called Run-Local-Locksmith. They said the charge was $29 plus the technician's labor. They said the technician would give me the estimate when he arrived. I asked the average labor charge and they said $45. I thought the $74 was high but agreed. they said the tech would be there within 30 minutes. After 50 minutes I called the tech who said he was driving to me and would be another 15 minutes. I called the company and they gave me a 10% credit. When the tech finally arrived, the labor was $145!!! I was desperate by now so I paid the charge minus the 10%. The tech did get the door open. I am frustrated with myself for the whole situation. But, this company is NOT ETHICAL. Hopefully, I will never lock my keys in my car again. If I ever need a locksmith, I will do more research. I hope someone reads this and avoids this company because of my report.

More run-local-locksmith Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Aa
      7th of Oct, 2010

Hi Marry Renna,

I am very happy with Run Local Locksmith . They are best in the area and offer the best services at reasonable prices and have a systematic way of charging. They clearly give you estimates that what the actual final cost would be . If you are comfortable with the cost only then they start up the process.

Majorly they have paper work with and the charge is according to the company cost. It's not like that they charge for anything and everything but if your lock is not in working order then they change it of course.The technicians are great and I agree with Roxy and John A. Simmer for that.

If you have actually tried the local artisans you are talking about they are not professional and efficiency in the work and there work is not at all up to the mark . But if you are actually looking for the perfect work then this is surely the best place for best quality services.

Happy :) with Run Local lOCKSMITH

7th of Oct, 2010

Hi Aaron I agree with you they are awesome in offering great services and at reasonable charges . Also technicians are efficient in work and very alert.

Hi Marry,

Probably due to one of the technicians you are blaming whole company. I understand that the person (technician) was the representative of Run local locksmith but the company as a whole has very nice services . They are truly fabulous.

In relation to charges the charges are similar to what other company charges. Its not deceptive it is a kind of Benchmark in this competition market and you should actually feel glad that they gave you 10% credit, which other company would not have ever given you.

15th of Oct, 2010

I have heard that they are good in services and there technicians are very well experienced. If money is not much concern and you are looking for great services, professional services they are apt to serve you then .

19th of Oct, 2010

They carry locks for all of your security needs. They charge a $19 service fee for every customer visit they make. The total cost of your job will depend on the services rendered as labor plus materials purchased along with the $19 service call. They have great prices with great customer service and you benefit from there fantastic 15-minute response time, which is the time from which your call is received until the time that your locksmith is dispatched. They offer a 90-day guarantee on all of our work.Again I conclude by saying they are awesome in services offered Excellent Services !! Run Local Locksmith .

22nd of Oct, 2010

Run Local Locksmith is a certified licensee of the TRUSTe® Site Services Program. The privacy statement and practices of www.run-local-locksmith.com have been reviewed by TRUSTe for compliance with our strict program requirements. We offer lock installation, lock repair, and installation of all types of locks. They carry locks for all of your security needs. We charge a $19 service fee for every customer visit we make. The total cost of your job will depend on the services rendered as labor plus materials purchased along with the $19 service call. We have great prices with great customer service and you benefit from our fantastic 15-minute response time, which is the time from which your call is received until the time that your locksmith is dispatched. We offer a 90-day guarantee on all of our work. We are a Member of the Associated Locksmiths of America

28th of Oct, 2010

Run local locksmith provides a complete residential locksmith services. There technicians are highly trained and driving a fully equipped locksmith vehicle and ready to meet the needs of any job at your home. Whether you have lockout situation, need to change locks or re key your locks.

Once you call Run local locksmith, there professional locksmith will arrive your home with the fastest response time, and he will explain the newest types of locks to you and make recommendations based on your unique needs-customer satisfaction guarantee!

At Run local locksmith they offer high-security products for your home using the most advanced technology at affordable prices. Call them today for all your residential locksmith needs. Homeowners, more and more, are using door hardware to make a quality statement about their home.

28th of Oct, 2010

They are professional locksmiths are licensed, bonded and insured!

28th of Oct, 2010

Run local locksmith residential services include;  House lockouts, Install, repair or replace all locks, Re-key of all types of locks., High security locks installed, Key less entry locks installed, Cabinet locks, gun and file cabinets can be re keyed or changed, Safe combinations changed, Garage door locks can be re keyed or changed, Mailbox locks and keys installed or changed.

28th of Oct, 2010

Only $15 Locksmith Company - There  24×7 x 365 day locksmith services meet all your lockout and security service needs. All the rates are affordable and considerably lower than our competitors. Whether you are a domestic or commercial customer, they have a perfect locksmith solution for you. They are proud to drive our costs down to serve you more efficiently.

1st of Nov, 2010

Mr Fred, I seriously feel that it's really wrong on your part to put such negative comments which are entirely baseless and without any concrete facts. To spread rumors is not good.They have clearly mentioned in there website http://www.run-local-locksmith.com/ that the charges $19 are service charges of technician going to someone's place then other charges are based on the services and type of Installation. Now these charges as you said are too high are generally levied by any locksmith company. This is a reasonable and normal cost in keeping this consideration that the services are too great.I hope Mr. Fred that you will again take there services some day and appreciate there technicians some day. Run local Locksmith has awesome services to offer for all!!!

2nd of Nov, 2010

As per my suggesion Run Local Locksmiths are best in there services. I had used there services and highly influenced by there performance. They are best in there work. I know Run Local Locksmith are best in there work, as i had self experienced it. Run Local Locksmith has a awesome services. I took services from them just a month back and it was the best services i could ever get. The team was so humble and wonderful in cooperation and the charges were exactly explained to us and the same are visible on the websites. They offer lock installation, lock repair, and installation of locks with pick-proof cylinders. They carry low, medium, and high security locks for all of your security neRun local locksmith residential services include; House lockouts, Install, repair or replace all locks, Re-key of all types of locks., High security locks installed, Key less entry locks installed, Cabinet locks, gun and file cabinets can be re keyed or changed, Safe combinations changed, Garage door locks can be re keyed or changed, Mailbox locks and keys installed or changed. They have great prices with great customer service and you benefit from there fantastic 15-minute response time, which is the time from which your call is received until the time that your locksmith is dispatched. They offer a 90-day guarantee on all of our work.Again I conclude by saying they are awesome in services offered Excellent Services !! Run Local Locksmith .

2nd of Nov, 2010

You are right Richard Collins, Deborah Allen and Johanna Taylor.
    I have taken services from them they are good and efficient in services. Run Local Locksmith are good in delivering the services on the specified time and in reasonable cost.Best Services are offered by them presently I have even given there reference to some of my friends living in here are one of them called me saying that the team is too good in delivering services and very efficient and knowledgeable in the area of expertise. I am really really happy . I hope if you people take there help now probably it would be best .

2nd of Nov, 2010

Excellent Services !! Run Local Locksmith .I agree with the services offered by Run local locksmith are great and worth the amount spend . They offer a variety of services at reasonable cost with a lot of efficiency and in specified time. They offer Lock installation, lock repair, and installation of all types of locks. They carry locks for all of your security needs. They charge a $19 service fee for every customer visit they make. The total cost of your job will depend on the services rendered as labor plus materials purchased along with the $19 service call. They have great prices with great customer service and you benefit from there fantastic 15-minute response time, which is the time from which your call is received until the time that your locksmith is dispatched. They offer a 90-day guarantee on all of our work. They have clearly mentioned in there website http://www.run-local-locksmith.com/ that the charges $19 are service charges of technician going to someone's place then other charges are based on the services and type of Installation. Now these charges as you said are too high are generally levied by any locksmith company. This is a reasonable and normal cost in keeping this consideration that the services are too great.

3rd of Nov, 2010

There technicians are highly trained and driving a fully equipped locksmith vehicle and ready to meet the needs of any job at your home. Whether you have lockout situation, need to change locks or re key your locks; Once you call Run local locksmith,  there professional locksmith will arrive your home with the fastest response time, and he will explain the newest types of locks to you and make recommendations based on your unique needs-customer satisfaction guarantee! At Run local locksmith they offer high-security products for your home using the most advanced technology at affordable prices. Call them today for all your residential locksmith needs. Homeowners, more and more, are using door hardware to make a quality statement about their home. Run Local can help you make a great first impression, starting at the front door and continuing throughout the house, while offering the best security a homeowner can buy. If you’ve just purchased a new house then you don’t know how many keys are out there. Don’t trust your property to the previous owner’s lock sets. Perhaps a babysitter, maintenance person or almost anyone could have the keys to your new home.

3rd of Nov, 2010

To spread rumors is not good. They have clearly mentioned in there website http://www.run-local-locksmith.com/ that the charges $19 are service charges of technician going to someone's place then other charges are based on the services and type of Installation. I seriously do not have a clue about why everyone is criticizing the services of run Local locksmith . They are good in services and there technicians are very well experienced. If money is not much concern and you are looking for great services, professional services they are apt to serve you then. As per my suggesion Run Local Locksmiths are best in there services. The team was so humble and wonderful in cooperation and the charges were exactly explained to us and the same are visible on the websites. Whether you are a domestic or commercial customer, they have a perfect locksmith solution for you. Whether you are a domestic or commercial customer, they have a perfect locksmith solution for you. They are proud to drive our costs down to serve you more efficiently.

8th of Nov, 2010

Run local locksmith technicians are highly trained and driving a fully equipped locksmith vehicle and ready to meet the needs of any job at our home. Whether we have lockout situation, need to change locks or re-key our locks. Once we call Run local locksmith, there professional locksmith will arrive our home with the fastest response time, and he will explain the newest types of locks to us and make recommendations based on our unique needs-customer satisfaction guarantee! At Run local locksmith they offer high-security products for our home using the most advanced technology at affordable prices. Run Local can help us make a great first impression, starting at the front door and continuing throughout the house, while offering the best security a homeowner can buy. Call them today for all your residential locksmith needs. I hope if you people take there help now probably it would be best.

8th of Nov, 2010

Run local locksmith offers a complete and comprehensive array of security solutions for all types of businesses; whether it is an entire corporate offices building or a small store front, they do it all.
    We customers know they rest assure while they take care of our business security offering reliable service at extremely competitive Rates. Run local locksmith technicians arrive to any job well equipped with the latest modern technology to service customers at the most efficient and professional way. Run local locksmith provides fast, efficient and affordable quality industrial service. They provide industrial door locks and door hardware installation. Their company handles repairs, and security solutions for businesses, institutional buildings, warehouses, condos, office buildings, hotels and motels, restaurants and other institutions with door hardware from the leading lock manufacturers in the market. Run Local Locksmith's fast, friendly, dependable professional technicians will provide you with the most professional service for affordable price.

9th of Nov, 2010

They carry locks for all of our security needs. They charge a $19 service fee for every customer visit they make. The total cost of our job will depend on the services rendered as labor plus materials purchased along with the $19 service call. They have great prices with great customer service and you benefit from there fantastic 15-minute response time, which is the time from which your call is received until the time that your locksmith is dispatched. Run Local has been providing innovative security solutions for schools, hospitals, hotels, condominiums and a host of other commercial companies. Today, Run Local is at the forefront of cutting-edge technology such as biometrics and high security locks. Providing a wide range of products, styles and finishes, Run Local can install what you need. In addition, they stand behind every lock we install with some of the best after-sales service in the business. They offer a 6 month warranty on new locks.

9th of Nov, 2010

They have best services to offer. I have checked they are acclaimed by BBB accredited business and also in list of llinois dept of financial and professional regulation License section. They are professional licensed, bonded and insured! They offer lock installation, lock repair, and installation of locks with pick-proof cylinders. They carry low, medium, and high security locks for all of your security rerun local locksmith residential services include; House lockouts, Install, repair or replace all locks, Re-key of all types of locks., High security locks installed, Key less entry locks installed, Cabinet locks, gun and file cabinets can be re keyed or changed, Safe combinations changed, Garage door locks can be re keyed or changed, Mailbox locks and keys installed or changed. Whether you are a domestic or commercial customer, they have a perfect locksmith solution for you. They are proud to drive our costs down to serve you more efficiently.

11th of Nov, 2010

I seriously do not have a clue about why everyone is criticizing the services of run Local locksmith . I took services from them just a week back and it was the best services I could ever get. The team was so humble and wonderful in cooperation and the charges levied were exactly explained to us and the same are visible on the website.

I am really really happy . I hope if you people take there help now probably it would be best . Try them once (888) 686-3088

12th of Nov, 2010

Me seriously not agry with all ur reports. As for my concern I had very good experience with them. As I was locked in my house, I just called them by searching there no. from website. They came in 30 min which was ok for me. As they came, they politely talked and soon opened my door with there latest equipments. They charged me $29. I given them there money happily, as that was a big thing for me. So I wonder how u all had bad experience with them. May be some of u had met with some another guy who was no so humble. All boys are not of same nature. I think $29 was a good deal with them.

16th of Nov, 2010

I am totaly agree with the statement of Lawyer smith & Deborah Allen. To spread rumors is not good. The team was so humble and wonderful in cooperation. They offer lock installation, lock repair, and installation of all types of locks. They carry locks for all of your security needs. They charge a $15 service fee for every customer visit they make. The total cost of our job will depend on the services rendered as labor plus materials purchased along with the $15 service call. Run Local can help us make a great first impression, starting at the front door and continuing throughout the house, while offering the best security a homeowner can buy. They repair and replace all automobiles, cars, trucks or RV keys. They do emergency opening of doors and trunks. There locksmiths, specializing in, fast lock out services, replace or repair lost and broken keys, they do key cutting services for all makes and models on site. One of there technicians can and will come to you and get you back on the road. Need a transponder chip key or a high security vehicle key duplicated. Run local locksmiths will provide you with the best service at the best price.

26th of Nov, 2010

This is really a disgusting. People challanging the work of run local locksmith. People should understand that every work done, must be charged. Their amount is not so much. They only charge the quality of work done. As per my suggesion Run Local Locksmiths are best in there services. I had used there services and highly influenced by there performance. Whether you are a domestic or commercial customer, they have a perfect locksmith solution for you. They are proud to drive our costs down to serve you more efficiently.
    They offer a 90-day guarantee on all of our work.Again I conclude by saying that they are best in there services.

30th of Nov, 2010

As I always say that Run local locksmith are genuine and do not bother about what others say. This is an open field, and most of them are competitors. So I m again saying that ignore all those unrelevent comments. They are only competitors. So Run local locksmith technicians are highly trained and driving a fully equipped locksmith vehicle and ready to meet the needs of any job at our home. Whether we have lockout situation, need to change locks or re-key our locks. Once we call Run local locksmith, there professional locksmith will arrive our home with the fastest response time, and he will explain the newest types of locks to us and make recommendations based on our unique needs-customer satisfaction guarantee! Call them today for all your residential locksmith needs. I hope if you people take there help now probably it would be best.

2nd of Dec, 2010

I don't think that competitors of Run Local Locksmith will leave the bad comments bcaz they have to promote their own bussiness. As they know that Run Local Locksmith's had capture the market of Lock. So they use negative comments. But truth never fails, people will take decision itself abt run local locksmith. But I will to whole world that atleast try them once, may be u will be benifited from their work. As from my opinion they are best and do there work honestly. Thanks & Regards

3rd of Dec, 2010

They are professional locksmiths are licensed, bonded and insured! They offer lock installation, lock repair, and installation of locks with pick-proof cylinders. They carry low, medium, and high security locks for all of your security needs. They charge a $15 service fee for every customer visit we make. The total cost of your job will depend on the services rendered as labor plus materials purchased along with the $15 service call. Come and enjoy our great prices and great customer service when you benefit from our fantastic 15-minute response time, which is the time from which your call is received until the time that your service technician is dispatched and don’t forget about our 90-day guarantee on all of our work.

6th of Dec, 2010

As a professional I would suggest you all that there is no such things for whome we sould worry. As this is the age of competition and there are lots of competitors in all fields. So if u read negative comments on Run Local Locksmith's, then dont worry, ignore it and try to call them when you are in need. There is no problem by giving them one chance. As we all have right to think, as we like. So use your brains & take decisions.

• Pa
      6th of Dec, 2010

I was struck up in the highway motel when I forgot my keys in my car. Found this company Run Local Locksmith through the net and called their car lock specialist. Was quite amazed to see that the car lock was opened in next 30 minutes!! This included the time taken for him to reach the motel!! I was happy to pay the charges, which I think were quite reasonable.

8th of Dec, 2010

I am sure that you people have had a real bad experience but just to share my experience as it was really good to hire services of Run Local Locksmiths technicians.
    I went off locking the door inside out by mistake as the new technology door of high security, I called one of the local artisans and they said we can not give this services as this technology is not with us . I placed two guards on the door that night and tried another artisans they replied in the same manner.
    I called Run Local Locksmith as they operate 24hours*7nights and even on holidays. I called them at night around 12am and the technicians was available at my place in 15mins he checked the door and replaced the lock in 25mins with the high proficiency and effectiveness.
    I was so happy and delighted with the services that the charge of $450 seemed too reasonable to me.

13th of Dec, 2010

I dont know about others, but my experience was different. They were a little late, but their work was excellent. I will give them 10/10 on their work performance. I took services from them just a month back and it was the best services i could ever get. The team was so humble and wonderful in cooperation and the charges were exactly explained to us and the same are visible on the websites. They offer lock installation, lock repair, and installation of locks with pick-proof cylinders. Today, Run Local is at the forefront of cutting-edge technology such as biometrics and high security locks. Providing a wide range of products, styles and finishes, Run Local can install what you need. In addition, They stand behind every lock they install with some of the best after-sales service in the business. They offer a 6 month warranty on new locks.

16th of Dec, 2010

Yeah you are right. I also dont have any problem with run local locksmith. As they are good in there services. They were very humble. They exactly know what to do at what time. They had opened my car as my kid was locked in car . They just said that give me 10 min. And within 10 min they opened the door. I think thats was something nice and wonderful. So I feel very bad when lots of people talk rubish about them. Thats why I am here to tell the truth and about my experience. God bless you all. Thanks

17th of Dec, 2010

The keys of my BMW got locked inside it accidently. I used the internet to find who can open its door without any damage. The first few calls to the service providers were either transferred to the automated voice recorders or were not responded at all, which I found quite strange. Run Local Locksmith not only took the call at 2 in night but also sent the expert automobile locksmith within next 25 minutes.

17th of Dec, 2010

20th of Dec, 2010

I have personally called them and taken up the services from them it's all fake and some unfaithful stories that you are making. Probably fo once you may have come across the bad service due to one of the technicians but generalizing it on whole of the company is not that good. Every Individual has particular attitude . Its just that . When I took the services from them 3 years back they were wonderful and now they are awesome in delivering the best of the services of the world. The technicians are very well groomed and very well trained for the services being offered

20th of Dec, 2010

Wow! I had the exact same experience! It took them 40 minutes rather than 15, and they didn't quote me a price on the phone until the technician arrived. By that point I was running late (I'm a teacher and CANNOT be late) and I was so desperate that I paid $150!!! I've been calling the company for the past 5 days trying to talk to someone, and the manager just happens to never be in, and the woman that I finally talked to today was incredibly rude. She told me I should have read the paragraph where it explains what they actually charge, which I couldn't find anywhere when I went back on the website. I will never, ever use them again. They take advantage of people who are in an awful situation. I only wish that I would have read your complaint earlier. I'm telling all of my friends to never use Run Local Locksmith. It was an awful experience.

Andrea Echelberger

24th of Dec, 2010

I left my three year old kid in the room and went to the kitchen to take the food. Due to the force of wind, the door of the room got bolted automatically and my kid got locked up inside the room. The lock required the key to get unbolted from outside of the room and, to add to the problem, I got the key locked up inside the room as well.
    Though I could see what my kid was up to from the window, I had to seek locksmith help. I found Run Local Locksmith while searching through the net and called them.
    Thinking that it might take them some time to come, I tried opening the window panes for reaching the door lock. To may astonishment, the locksmith was here within the next 15 minutes and he did not take more than 10 minutes to open the door. So, the problem was solved with a remarkable speed.

• Ad
      28th of Dec, 2010

I have taken the services of a locksmith from the Run Local Locksmith Company in the recent past when I had some error in my bio-metric security system. Frankly, I did not believe that I can get it mended in so less a time! I was thinking that the whole day will be lost since the access door for the some of the employees did not open up and they were kept waiting outside until the door was opened by a special locksmith.
    It is quite amazing that the internet resources carry all that trash opposing this company. I think there is some highly disgruntled source behind this vengeance filled conduct of making totally false and baseless complaints against the company.

• Ac
      17th of Jan, 2011

I am a jewellery retailer and I use the ultra modern safety vault having three levels of access for the stock-in-trade. Being an electronic machine, its locks got struck up and

jammed when there some electric fault in the mains supply. Even after the power supply was restored, the locks were dysfunctional. I called up the Run Local Locksmith on

reference from the neighbouring jeweller. After making the initial checks and trying a few things, they were able to open it up after some half an hour of labour. I have never

seen the tools which he used for doing the job. No doubt they are the best equipped to handle the most complex tasks.

• Mo
      27th of Jan, 2011

Run Lock Locksmith saved 13 lives

That a locksmith would be of such a vital help to me was not in my farthest imagination. I have a business of making the automotive parts and the best of access control systems are installed. Due to a short circuit a section caught fire with about 13 people trapped inside. The heavy duty doors went jammed. Coincidentally, a locksmith working in the next factory saw the blazes coming out and came running to our factory along with the owner of the other factory. He showed his ID card and sought permission to open it. In the next ten minutes, the door was opened, much to the relief of everyone. I called his company, Run Local Locksmith and informed and thanked them for the same. We gave him cash reward, not just his costs.

• Je
      8th of Feb, 2011

Run Local Locksmith verifies me before unlocking the door!!

I called Run Local Locksmith for unbolting the main door of the house. My husband had taken it with him by mistake on his week long trip. The other set was at his office whose key in turn was inside the house. I was quite amazed to find the locksmith ask me to prove that this is my house before he begins to open the locks. Usually, it is the locksmiths who are expected to show their IDs or licenses only. Thankfully, I had the car papers as well as the driving license which proved the same. After opening the lock and taking he apologized for inconvenience and narrated the reasons for asking the same. It is good to see such professionalism by the company for enhanced security. Other companies shall also emulate the same and the customers shall cooperate as well.