Run Local Locksmith / Rip-off, Rude, Deception

1 Joliet, IL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 815-893-7906

My son had locked his car keys in his trunk, which were the only keys for the car as the second set was lost. He was at a sports gated complex when this happened. They explained that the $29 is for showing up and gave an estimate of $45 for the rest of the work. The only credit card he had was AMEX and they don't take that. He finally scraped together $100 by borrowing from his friends. They showed up about 1--1/2 hours after the "locksmith" was dispatched. It was close to closing time when the gates would be locked. The locksmith demanded $165 so we had no choice, but to allow them to charge our credit card for the additional. He wouldn't charge the entire amount and demanded taking the cash first. He open the drivers side door using inflatable balloons which tripped the alarm, which in turn put the car in a shutdown mode. Using the trunk button, just set off the alarm. The "Locksmith" tired to break into the trunk thru the backseat armrest, then gave up. He they pronounced that he had opened the car for my son, said he had other calls and abandoned my son. I plan to file complaint with the states attorney's office and other government agencies.

Comments

• Fr
      10th of Mar, 2010

This company is a scam outfit! Call the police and also file a complaint with Lisa madigans office, The Atttorney General. I am quite sure this guy is most likely not to be licensed. The company is not. You can check this out on the license look up section of the Illinois dept of financial and professional regulation. This is what I believe to be an Israeli organized crime ring. Google "David Peer arrest" and dependable locks. The police can arrest this individual for just calling himself a locksmith. It is a class c Misdemeanor and a felony for the second arrest. This company Probably rips off 1000s of consumers each and every day across the nation. Please file a complaint with The attorney general and demand action.

• Un
      12th of Sep, 2010

I know who the locksmith is because he told me this story after he convinced me to go out with him. He came to do my work and then talked me into going out with him. He was cruel, rude and used me. I was told later I am an old woman and he would never be interested in someone who has been married and all his locksmith friends from Run-Local-Locksmith told him to just have fun with old women and don't take them serioiusly. I did have the misfortune of hearing how loud and rudely they all spoke on my last date with him. They drank a lot.

He is not a good person. He told the story as if justified but obviously there is the other side. I can imagine he did this after the hell he put me through in just a few dates. When he told me it sounded as if he had done something wrong because there should not have been so many issues and he admitted to the arguing. He does yell and even yelled when I was crying softly trying to understand why he is so cruel. His friends working there I am certain are worse since I heard them all speaking. They are a bunch of harsh speaking men even if their language is another language I know it is not good because they scream and yell a lot at each other and I experienced it directed at me when I did nothing.

He explained the amount of money the company is pulling in to me and how they never let them sleep. They work like this because they are immigrants looking for a better life. I am not one to yell and fight but I have first-hand experience that this is the norm for them.

• Un
      12th of Sep, 2010

Oh, yes, and in response to Fred saying they are Israeli...the whole company is and they do not have licenses. The one I dated did not go to school for it and they learned on the job and with cars he ended up handling them after this terrible error was made. The cars became serioius issues after they caused problems so he had to advise or be there for car lockouts.

5th of Oct, 2010

Mr Angry Dawg, I seriously feel that it's really wrong on your part to put such negative comments which are entirely baseless and without any concrete facts. To spread rumors is not good.They have clearly mentioned in there website http://www.run-local-locksmith.com/ that the charges $19 are service charges of technician going to someone's place then other charges are based on the services and type of Installation. Now these charges as you said are too high are generally levied by any locksmith company. This is a reasonable and normal cost in keeping this consideration that the services are too great.I hope Mr.Angry Dawg that you will again take there services some day and appreciate there technicians some day. Run local Locksmith has awesome services to offer for all!!!

6th of Oct, 2010

Hey Fred

I have checked they are acclaimed by BBB Accredited business and also in list of Illinois dept of financial and professional regulation License section

Run Local Locksmith has all accreditation required to run smooth business and now I have heard they really have great services to offer.

For sure they have the best services now as my neighbors have taken services from them and they said they were great

Regards
    John A. Simmer

6th of Oct, 2010

Hi Unfortunate Peace Keeper,

Your story seems to be long and not clear.
    Why you cried and all... its not clear.

I have known them as a brand from past so many years and recently my neighbors got services from them . They offer extensive and efficient services . They are not harsh and in exception they are too polite and very pleasing in personality .

The technicians with them are helpful and know there work well. I hope you understand that crying is not a solution ... Still its not clear why u cried ???????????

For all reasons I know Run Local Locksmith offer reasonable and wonderful services

Regards
    John A. Simmer

28th of Oct, 2010

Run local locksmith provides a complete residential locksmith services. There technicians are highly trained and driving a fully equipped locksmith vehicle and ready to meet the needs of any job at your home. Whether you have lockout situation, need to change locks or re key your locks.

Once you call Run local locksmith, there professional locksmith will arrive your home with the fastest response time, and he will explain the newest types of locks to you and make recommendations based on your unique needs-customer satisfaction guarantee!

At Run local locksmith they offer high-security products for your home using the most advanced technology at affordable prices. Call them today for all your residential locksmith needs. Homeowners, more and more, are using door hardware to make a quality statement about their home.

• Aa
      28th of Oct, 2010

They are professional locksmiths are licensed, bonded and insured!

They offer lock installation, lock repair, and installation of locks with pick-proof cylinders. They carry low, medium, and high security locks for all of your security needs. They charge a $15 service fee for every customer visit we make.

The total cost of your job will depend on the services rendered as labor plus materials purchased along with the $15 service call. Come and enjoy our great prices and great customer service when you benefit from our fantastic 15-minute response time, which is the time from which your call is received until the time that your service technician is dispatched and don’t forget about our 90-day guarantee on all of our work.

28th of Oct, 2010

Run local locksmith residential services include;  House lockouts, Install, repair or replace all locks, Re-key of all types of locks., High security locks installed, Key less entry locks installed, Cabinet locks, gun and file cabinets can be re keyed or changed, Safe combinations changed, Garage door locks can be re keyed or changed, Mailbox locks and keys installed or changed.

28th of Oct, 2010

Only $15 Locksmith Company - There  24×7 x 365 day locksmith services meet all your lockout and security service needs. All the rates are affordable and considerably lower than our competitors. Whether you are a domestic or commercial customer, they have a perfect locksmith solution for you. They are proud to drive our costs down to serve you more efficiently.

1st of Nov, 2010

Mr Fred, I seriously feel that it's really wrong on your part to put such negative comments which are entirely baseless and without any concrete facts. To spread rumors is not good.They have clearly mentioned in there website http://www.run-local-locksmith.com/ that the charges $19 are service charges of technician going to someone's place then other charges are based on the services and type of Installation. Now these charges as you said are too high are generally levied by any locksmith company. This is a reasonable and normal cost in keeping this consideration that the services are too great.I hope Mr. Fred that you will again take there services some day and appreciate there technicians some day. Run local Locksmith has awesome services to offer for all!!!

2nd of Nov, 2010

You are right Richard Collins, Deborah Allen and Johanna Taylor.
    I have taken services from them they are good and efficient in services. Run Local Locksmith are good in delivering the services on the specified time and in reasonable cost.Best Services are offered by them presently I have even given there reference to some of my friends living in here are one of them called me saying that the team is too good in delivering services and very efficient and knowledgeable in the area of expertise. I am really really happy . I hope if you people take there help now probably it would be best .

2nd of Nov, 2010

Excellent Services !! Run Local Locksmith .I agree with the services offered by Run local locksmith are great and worth the amount spend . They offer a variety of services at reasonable cost with a lot of efficiency and in specified time. They offer Lock installation, lock repair, and installation of all types of locks. They carry locks for all of your security needs. They charge a $19 service fee for every customer visit they make. The total cost of your job will depend on the services rendered as labor plus materials purchased along with the $19 service call. They have great prices with great customer service and you benefit from there fantastic 15-minute response time, which is the time from which your call is received until the time that your locksmith is dispatched. They offer a 90-day guarantee on all of our work. They have clearly mentioned in there website http://www.run-local-locksmith.com/ that the charges $19 are service charges of technician going to someone's place then other charges are based on the services and type of Installation. Now these charges as you said are too high are generally levied by any locksmith company. This is a reasonable and normal cost in keeping this consideration that the services are too great.

3rd of Nov, 2010

There technicians are highly trained and driving a fully equipped locksmith vehicle and ready to meet the needs of any job at your home. Whether you have lockout situation, need to change locks or re key your locks; Once you call Run local locksmith,  there professional locksmith will arrive your home with the fastest response time, and he will explain the newest types of locks to you and make recommendations based on your unique needs-customer satisfaction guarantee! At Run local locksmith they offer high-security products for your home using the most advanced technology at affordable prices. Call them today for all your residential locksmith needs. Homeowners, more and more, are using door hardware to make a quality statement about their home. Run Local can help you make a great first impression, starting at the front door and continuing throughout the house, while offering the best security a homeowner can buy. If you’ve just purchased a new house then you don’t know how many keys are out there. Don’t trust your property to the previous owner’s lock sets. Perhaps a babysitter, maintenance person or almost anyone could have the keys to your new home.

• De
      3rd of Nov, 2010

To spread rumors is not good. They have clearly mentioned in there website http://www.run-local-locksmith.com/ that the charges $19 are service charges of technician going to someone's place then other charges are based on the services and type of Installation. I seriously do not have a clue about why everyone is criticizing the services of run Local locksmith . They are good in services and there technicians are very well experienced. If money is not much concern and you are looking for great services, professional services they are apt to serve you then. As per my suggesion Run Local Locksmiths are best in there services. The team was so humble and wonderful in cooperation and the charges were exactly explained to us and the same are visible on the websites. Whether you are a domestic or commercial customer, they have a perfect locksmith solution for you. Whether you are a domestic or commercial customer, they have a perfect locksmith solution for you. They are proud to drive our costs down to serve you more efficiently.

• Sh
      8th of Nov, 2010

Run local locksmith technicians are highly trained and driving a fully equipped locksmith vehicle and ready to meet the needs of any job at our home. Whether we have lockout situation, need to change locks or re-key our locks. Once we call Run local locksmith, there professional locksmith will arrive our home with the fastest response time, and he will explain the newest types of locks to us and make recommendations based on our unique needs-customer satisfaction guarantee! At Run local locksmith they offer high-security products for our home using the most advanced technology at affordable prices. Run Local can help us make a great first impression, starting at the front door and continuing throughout the house, while offering the best security a homeowner can buy. Call them today for all your residential locksmith needs. I hope if you people take there help now probably it would be best.

8th of Nov, 2010

Run local locksmith offers a complete and comprehensive array of security solutions for all types of businesses; whether it is an entire corporate offices building or a small store front, they do it all.
    We customers know they rest assure while they take care of our business security offering reliable service at extremely competitive Rates. Run local locksmith technicians arrive to any job well equipped with the latest modern technology to service customers at the most efficient and professional way. Run local locksmith provides fast, efficient and affordable quality industrial service. They provide industrial door locks and door hardware installation. Their company handles repairs, and security solutions for businesses, institutional buildings, warehouses, condos, office buildings, hotels and motels, restaurants and other institutions with door hardware from the leading lock manufacturers in the market. Run Local Locksmith's fast, friendly, dependable professional technicians will provide you with the most professional service for affordable price.

9th of Nov, 2010

They carry locks for all of our security needs. They charge a $19 service fee for every customer visit they make. The total cost of our job will depend on the services rendered as labor plus materials purchased along with the $19 service call. They have great prices with great customer service and you benefit from there fantastic 15-minute response time, which is the time from which your call is received until the time that your locksmith is dispatched. Run Local has been providing innovative security solutions for schools, hospitals, hotels, condominiums and a host of other commercial companies. Today, Run Local is at the forefront of cutting-edge technology such as biometrics and high security locks. Providing a wide range of products, styles and finishes, Run Local can install what you need. In addition, they stand behind every lock we install with some of the best after-sales service in the business. They offer a 6 month warranty on new locks.

9th of Nov, 2010

They have best services to offer. I have checked they are acclaimed by BBB accredited business and also in list of llinois dept of financial and professional regulation License section. They are professional licensed, bonded and insured! They offer lock installation, lock repair, and installation of locks with pick-proof cylinders. They carry low, medium, and high security locks for all of your security rerun local locksmith residential services include; House lockouts, Install, repair or replace all locks, Re-key of all types of locks., High security locks installed, Key less entry locks installed, Cabinet locks, gun and file cabinets can be re keyed or changed, Safe combinations changed, Garage door locks can be re keyed or changed, Mailbox locks and keys installed or changed. Whether you are a domestic or commercial customer, they have a perfect locksmith solution for you. They are proud to drive our costs down to serve you more efficiently.

• Do
      9th of Nov, 2010

A disgusting company that is criminal.