[Resolved] Rummage With Care / Donna Sacra

5 Brocks Gap Run Rd, Harrisonburg, United States Review updated:

Donna Sacra sells sick mixed breed cats. Expect to pay $500-$1000 on top of the $500 dollars she charges for her kittens in vet bills. She has complaints filed against her at the Harrisonburg SPCA. Their number is [protected]. She has had 5 complaints filed against her for selling sick cats. She does not care for her cats in an ethical manner, does no vet care, feeds them bad quality food that she gets on discount at Ollies warehouse. She over crowds and has so many kittens she forgets which ones she promised to who. Her cats are mixed breeds using stray cats from the neighborhood. Beware of her claim of running a Charity for homeless people. No realtor has yet been able to find the property. Save yourself some heartache and find an ethical breeder who has healthy cats.

• Resolution statement

Breeders have agreed to disagree. This breeder would encourage families to seek out breeders who have registered pure bred Siamese, breeders who provide vet care and ensure that their kittens are genetically sound.

Ba
Feb 22, 2014

Comments

• Li
      3rd of Aug, 2014

This person purchased cats from Donna with the agreement to not sell them. She then began breeding them, and in order to gain an advantage as a competitor, began posting incorrect information about Donna in order to drive more business in her direction. A real inhumane and dishonest thing to do, in my opinion.

3rd of Aug, 2014

I just bought a cat off of Donna. The cat's eyes are blue and she exhibits all of the personality and physical traits of a Siamese cat. She is a lilac-point kitten with an angular face, extremely vocal and social. I have taken her to the vet for a series of shots and initial checkups and the vet said she is extremely healthy and acting the way a kitten should. Even those in the surgical room could hear her meowing through the door and said to me "is there a Siamese in there?!" She's also bouncing all over the walls! She plays, eats and drinks in a healthy manner, and is incredibly intelligent, as she figures out all of her puzzle toys right away. I took my cat to Kingsbrook Animal Hospital in Frederick MD for checkups, so it is a legitimate and well-known animal care facility. She also has a huge amount of energy like a Siamese is said to have. It's hard to keep up with her playful nature but she absolutely loves to be around us is always doing circle-8s around our feet.

Donna remembered exactly which cat she promised to me and I can't see how even my vet would say she is a Siamese if Donna's been breeding from strays?

14th of Mar, 2017

@LindaB19 this does not look like a Siamese? A siames with white?

• Da
      15th of Aug, 2014

I called the SPCA at the number listed in the complaint and they had no idea what I was talking about except to say they have been getting a lot of these calls. They have had no complaints about Donna and they would not be the agency that would get complaints anyway. That would be Animal Control. I believe this is a smear campaign launched against Donna and that is a shame if it will deter a potential buyer from getting a kitten they want and would give a good home to. Shame on the person who started this lie and spread it over the internet. If anyone is still concerned, you can call Animal Control in the Harrisonburg area.

• Du
      25th of May, 2017

@Dandelion67 Rockingham County Animal Control (540) 564-3171

28th of Nov, 2014

I too bought a kitten from Donna. It was full of fleas and tape worm, had bad diarrhea, and was only 7 weeks old. It then developed to opt eyes and a cough all within the first few days I had it. I called the animal control in Harrisonburg and filed a complaint.

• Sh
      15th of May, 2015

I have known Donna for several years. She lives, breathes and adores her cats and kittens. I couldn't imagine a more devoted and caring breeder.

• Do
      17th of Nov, 2016

Donna Sacra has been breeding Purebred Siamese/Balinese cats for over 40 years. They are strong, Healthy, very intelligent, and absolutely adorable! She deeply cares about the health and well being of her cats, and treats them more tenderly than most people treat their children! For that reason, she is very particular about placing her kittens in adoptive homes where they will have abundant nurturing care. Donna is a breeder who also cares about people. She maintains a long standing relationship with each client and is always available to give guidance through out the whole life span of each kitten - which is often more than 20 years, of robust healthy living for each cat she sells.! Unlike most cat breeders, Donna raises her kittens for the sheer love of it. ! She even gives all her adoption money away to Charity, preferring to bless others more than herself. It is a shame that unscrupulous cat breeders, (who pretend to be former clients of Donna) have treated her so cruelly, as to post terrible comments about her which are outlandish lies! Perhaps they are jealous of the fact that Donna's adoption fees are much lower than there own, and all the money goes to Charity!

14th of Mar, 2017

@Donna Sacra Did Donna Sacra write these reviews herself? Isn't that convenient?

30th of Nov, 2016

Stay away from Donna Sacra and her unregistered Balinese kittens. They are unregistered for good reasons, she gets any cat that looks like a siamese at any animal shelter she can find. She feeds her cats table scraps, has no vet care for them and has been taken to court and ordered to pay clients back. She is on social security and has told clients "Well good luck getting anything out of me, I'm on social security and they won't take any money from that." The so called "mission" she has is a fake. Do your homework, talk with other registered cat breeders they have had clients that Donna Sacra has done wrong. I honestly feel bad for her because she is going to have to answer to God about why she is using the Lord's name to act like she is doing such great things with the money. MAIN thing you need to know is all the money goes to "Charity", okay so that tells you she does not take any of her cats to the vet! Vet trips, emergency c-sections, vaccines and all of the such are NOT free. This statement is off of BabyBalineseKittens.com "LONGEVITY
    The longevity of our Balinese cats is absolutely astounding! Our original stud cat, Abraham, Father of a Multitude, procreated 1000's of babies over the course of his 23 year lifespan! So you can expect great things from any kitten you purchase from Grandaddy Abe's line!" So you mean to tell me you had your "stud" producing babies his ENTIRE life? Be warned people, call up a registered cat breeder and ask them how long they breed their cats before getting them fixed so they can live a normal cat life. Donna has a Facebook page that has 3 reviews that are all fakes. Donna talks about not having internet and being computer illiterate but she is super quick to e-mail photos and ask if you've sent your deposit in the mail. Be warned!!

15th of Mar, 2017

@Rockhoppper would you be willing to email me? I placed a deposit for one of her cats and now i'm reading this.

22nd of Aug, 2018

@Cats! I'm sorry I never responded back to you. I can email you if you still need. I only revisited because another person was about to get lied to and give Donna their hard earned money.

6th of Dec, 2016

We were initially referred to Donna by a neighborhood friend who purchased 2 cats from Donna a few years ago. We decided to purchase a lilac kitty last spring (2015) and she’s 9 months old now. We’ve been nothing but happy with the whole process! We have referred Donna to other folks as well. Word of mouth and personal experience trump anything negative I could read about Donna, her process or her cats.

Donna took time to talk and email with me several times prior to my cat purchase because it was my first time as a cat owner and I wanted to make sure all would be a good fit. She was really thorough, kind and aware of her litter and what she could or couldn’t offer me.

We’ve taken our cat to the vet several times and she’s had no ailments at all. She always receives a clean bill of health and the staff falls in love with each time too. We live in Fairfax Virginia and use a credible vet. Our cat has been spayed; she’s a very healthy, loving, playful, sound cat. She’s a beautiful, cuddly, social cat too – all we ever wanted and more! Everything Donna promised us!

Donna truly matched the right kitty for us and we are looking to do it all over again, with her! We are thinking of actually purchasing another cat since we’ve been so pleased. From the first conversation we ever had, Donna’s word has held true. Talk to Donna directly before you make a decisions based on any one person’s opinion – mine included! You won’t be disappointed.

• Cm
      8th of Dec, 2016

I already paid a deposit to Donna but now I am getting worried...does anyone know if their car is hypoallergenic as Balinese are supposed to be? That was my main reason for choosing a Balinese...

8th of Dec, 2016

@Cmk81 That was a big factor for me as well as was shedding. Again, the cat we purchased from Donna meets those needs.. My niece is severely allergic and she can hold this cat all day long. Good luck! No shedding either. I love that!

• Cm
      8th of Dec, 2016

@Marianne1234 Thank you! I've never bought an animal before (just had strays) so this whole process is new to me.

14th of Mar, 2017

@Cmk81 Hi, I am looking for a hypoallergenic cat too. I came across the Balinese. I don't think an unregistered Balinese is a good idea for people with allergies. It is a gamble that is very serious don't you think? I have a cat that was gotten from a shelter a while ago. I had no reaction to it but am afraid to try a shelter cat again. I think my luck may not be with the second cat. I have yet to hear that Donna's cats are registered? Isn't she just saying that they are? Did you get the kitten from Donna yet?

14th of Mar, 2017

@Cmk81 I think Donnas cats are just like strays because they are not registered. Isn't that how it works? They don't have a history that we can see and trace?

• Do
      9th of Dec, 2016

IN RESPONCE TO THE SLANDEROUS LIES PRINTED ABOUT DONNA: Her cats did not come from a Shelter. They came from registered stock! They are all beautiful purebreds! All the generations of purity can be traced back to 1970. Donna has bred only the finest, in disposition, beauty, health and intelligence. And yes, her stud cat Abraham, Fathered kittens for 22 consecutive years, and when he suddenly died of a stroke, at age 23, he left behind a litter of newborn kittens, which his own sperm produced. Longevity definitely runs in the family of every kitten which Donna's cattery has produced.
    Cats thrive on a well balanced, high protein diet. We feed our cats high grade commercial foods, with a few cooked vegetables mixed in, as well as dry food and bottled water, accessible 24/7. In addition to this, our cats are given venison, chicken, and dairy products. Because of this excellent diet, as well as lots of tender loving care and interaction, most of our kittens live to be 20 years old or more! I would put these statistics up against any foods other cat breeders are trying to to get by with.
    The person who printed slanderous things about the Mission, is obviously trying to destroy a good work. The Mission Charity has been up and running successfully for 16 years. It is a state registered 501-C3 recognized legitimate Non Profit Charity, which has done much for the betterment of humanity. Hundreds of homeless people have been given a fresh start in life! They receive food, cloths, shelter, and rehabilitation. They also receive unconditional love, counseling, and the building of their self esteem, which helps to equip them toward a better life. Donna's primary mission is to model the love of Christ. She helps under privileged people to find gainful employment and eventually independent housing, yet, even after they leave the Mission. she remains as a friend and mentor to each of them. (As well as a friend and mentor to each of her cat clients). The support for the Charity Mission comes solely from the adoption money which is rendered by people who purchase Donna's kittens. Therefore, when people purchase kittens from Donna, they are not just giving their family a quality pet, but they are assisting Donna at the task of providing a meaningful service to people who need it the most!
    It is stated on the website that deposits which are made to guarantee the adoption of Balinese kittens, are non refundable. Deposits can not be returned, because they are given as a donation to the Charity, However, Donna is always more than willing to allow her clients to transfer their deposit money to another kitten at another time, if for some reason they are not able to complete their adoption at the specified time.. In 46 years of breeding cats, only one person tried to take Donna to court for the return of their deposit money. In that particular case, the depositor was offered perfect Purebred Balinese kittens on 3 different occasions But they said they had no interest. What they preferred to do, was to try to steal food from the mouths of poor hungry homeless people. Donna choose to not go to court, or to be mixed up in the ungodly schemes of greed..
    It is totally unfair that people are allowed to print slanderous lies on line, against innocent people like Donna, who is so honest, caring and kind, and who raises the most magnificent cats I have ever seen! Just remember, most people who print slanderous lies about others, have no merit of truth in their character, or in the things they write.. Such slanderous words should never be believed. The vicious people who spread slanderous lies are simply tools in the hands of the devil, whose primary mission is to kill, steal and destroy, every good work of God! (See John 10:10).

14th of Mar, 2017

@Donna Sacra Did Donna Sacra write this review about herself?

15th of Mar, 2017

@Donna Sacra What brand commercial food are you feeding them and what vet care are you giving them? Do you give out a health gaurantee in writing?

22nd of Aug, 2018

@Donna Sacra Donna, a well balanced meal you say? Well your own post says different here. https://thedogtrainingsecret.com/blog/10-ways-inadvertently-hurting-dog/ and just in case you try to redact the post here is a statement you posted.

Donna Sacra says:
    April 8, 2015 at 8:54 am

I raise a rare type of long haired Siamese, which are low shedding and hypoallergenic. When I place kittens for adoption, I tell my clients, “Do not be afraid to let your kitty have table scrapes. Give them a well balanced diet of commercial foods, cooked vegetables and raw meats, along with a bit of dairy products such as yogurt.” When people follow my dietary advice, their Balinese kittens usually live to be more than 20 years old! But some vets are saying we should never give our pets table scraps. Would you agree, or disagree with their advice?

I also have 4 dogs. But the article, which I am responding to, advises NOT to give dogs table scrapes. So I’m asking, “Why Not?”

Breeders also don't force their cats to breed their entire life, I'm not quite sure how you sleep at night ripping people off and lying about helping people with your mission.

14th of Oct, 2018

@Cats! Here she is on a blog talking about feeding them table scraps and asking what is wrong with feeding animals table scraps. Just scroll down to the comments. https://thedogtrainingsecret.com/blog/10-ways-inadvertently-hurting-dog/

• Us
      4th of Jul, 2017

I have purchased 2 Balinese kittens (from different litters) from Donna and they are both exquisite and encompass everything a Balinese should be. I read this post and was disgusted, therefore I decided to end the debate and had both of my Balinese swabbed for genetic testing (out of my own pocket)... Guess what people??? They are indeed purebred Siamese cats (which is what Balinese cats are). So, END OF DISCUSSION... period.
    I believe this post was created by a group of truly spiteful human beings that are miserable and have nothing better to do with their time on this earth other than to try and spread their hate and discontent. Beware of liars people, do your research and by all means, have your cat tested if you have doubts. There are several websites out there that will send you kits (similar to ancestryDNA and 23AndMe).

• Si
      30th of Jul, 2017

That's funny because this is the result of a cat that came from Donna, supposedly pure bred, but obviously not. I tested through UC Davis.

• Ri
      13th of Jan, 2019

If you do your research you will find this breeder to be illegitimate.