Ruby Tuesday / awful experience

1 Roanoke, VA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 540-725-1833

So on Sunday evening me, my girlfriend, and my mother went to go get something to eat at Ruby Tuesday. The restaurant was very nice looking and the booth was very comfortable. the wait staff was nice and made us feel comfortable. I ordered shrimp, a baked potato and some vegetables. My mother got a small steak and baked potato, and finally my girlfriend got a shrimp pasta type dish that had tomatoes on top of the nodles and shrimp. So after about 15 minutes we got our food and began to eat. My meal was very good and my mothers steak was cooked to her liking but, my girlfriends dinner is another story entirely.

She began to eat her pasta, intentionally avoiding her tomatoes because she doesn't like them which is a good thing. After about 5 minutes my girlfriend asked me if little white and black things were moving in her pasta. sure enough the tomatoes were COVERED in tiny maggot, worm like things moving around. We immediately asked a waitress nearby who wasn't our waitress to look at it. We said that she had worms in her meal and the waitress looked like she didn't believe it at first; until she took a close look. She then ran off into the kitchen without saying anything. Well My mother and I were really grossed out and could not eat anymore. About twenty minutes later the manager came back up and apologized and said that the cooks were disassembling the make table to look for the problem.Our meal was free but the most disturbing thing is that the hostess was still seating customers! The store should of been shut down. I will never eat there again and I wish i had called the health department. It was one of the most disgusting, foul, experience I have ever had eating out.

Va

Comments

• Ru
      3rd of Nov, 2008

On Nov. 1, 2008, my brother in law and I visited the Ruby Tuesdays #3767 in Knoxville Tenn. We ordered Rib-eye steaks one rare and one medium well. After 10 minutes we were told that they only had one Rib-eye steak. I asked that it be prepared for my brother in law and it was suggested that I receive a serloin. On the menu the Rib-eye was $14.99 and the serloin was $12.99. When the meal was delivered the Rib-eye was well done (not to his request) and the serloin was rare( not to my request). Then they prepared two serloins cooked correctly but they were not good. When the bill was given to us the price for the serloins were $17.99 each and the manager said that they had three classes of serloins. He reduced the bill by $4.00 but the damage was done. We came for a Rib-eye, was given something less, and charged more. Needless to say not a good experience at all. We have been going to this restaurant several times in the last 6 months but with this service and the apparent costs for mistakes I am not eager to return.
    I would appreciate a reply.
    Russ Sluder

17th of Jun, 2009

I was visiting a Ruby Tuesday in Orangeburg, SC on June 14, 2009 and had a very unhappy experience myself. I ordered lobster and one was about the side of a shrimp and soft not a good sign for lobster and the other two were fried I did not order fried lobster. My husband had clam chowder with a film on the top. the service was terrible. my daughter ordered soup and it was disgussing she did not eat much. When we werre seated we had no fork, or knives on the table and no one seemed to care about how the table looked. It was a sunday and I was no happy. I asked to speak to the manager she gave us a discount on the food ok but I would have like them to do more. I'm a loyal customer of Ruby Tuesday and I will not recommend this one to any of my family in Orangeburg, SC. I have gone to the Ruby Tuesday in Charlotte, Salibury & Concord and never had this problem.
    I will consider going to any Ruby Tuesday in the future.

• Ju
      28th of Sep, 2009

I recently ate at the Brewer, ME Ruby Tuesday, on Sept. 24, 2009. I was eating my salad and discovered a hard, sharp object in my mouth, which turned out to be a piece of glass.
    Upon alerting the server, who alerted her supervisor, I was given a $3.00 discount on my salad. My whole bill was around $9.99 and $3.00 was deducted for the salad. I didn't cut my mouth, but I am still wondering if I swallowed smaller pieces and didn't know it.

• Ap
      9th of Nov, 2010

The last two times a friend and myself visited the Ruby Tuesday in Athens Ohio was a very bad experience. We arrived they seated us and it took the server over twenty minutes both times to come and wait on us. The poorest form of service I have ever had. Needless to say the second time we got up after waiting twenty minutes and left. The first time the waiter stayed in the kitchen worrying more about what was going on in there instead of taking care of his customers. Need less to say we will not be patronizing this place for a long time, maybe not until they replace the help they have with good workers. I could see it happening maybe once but not two times in a row within a two week period we have always eaten at this restaraunt at least once per week but not any more. APril Burke

• Mi
      17th of Nov, 2010

[censor] Dawniette!
    I was a bartender at Ruby Tuesday in the Riverchase Galleria. On December 23 2003 I slipped on some ice that was spilled on the floor and fractured my back. I was taken out on a stretcher. The manager assured me they would pay for the all that had to be done at the hospital. The first of the year being so close and the manager wanting his bonus for having an accident free year decided to wait until after the first of the year to file the claim, so when their insurance went to pay they see two separate dates for the accident, and refused to pay for the $45, 000 in back surgery I had to have. On top of that I could not even get my pay for the 6 months I was out of work. Talk about dishonesty.