Ruby Tuesdaygeneral manager

General manager is drinking on the job!!!.. Bartenders serving him alcohol afraid that they will lose there job if they dont. The general manager at the latham ruby tuesdays is constantly getting drunk on the job. Basically being a friend of someone who works there you find out about the behind the scenes bs that goes on there. The place use to be great. Me and my family use to go there all the time.See the Top 10 Worst Complaints in Latham, NY Even between the managers and the general managers that have been in and out of that place it still remained great. Do not go there now!!.. General manager aaron is a drunk. Drinks on the job. And letting the place go. The kinda things I know he's been doing and the way the place is getting can get them in big trouble. They obviously dont care. You can't complain to anyone higher then general management without it getting back about who told. How can they let this guy be a general manager here.

Comments

Jan 28, 2011

It sounds like it's really and truly none of your business. Quit going and quit gossiping with your friends. If your friend has an issue he/she can find someone above the manager to report the incidents to if they are true. This isn't a complaint, it's hearsay that borders on slander.

• Dr
      Jan 28, 2011

If you read what i said .. then you would know noone can tell someone Above GM... they never do anything and its another thing when i'm sitting in there eating and watching the bartender serving alcohol to their general manager.. how can something be hearsay or slander when i'm watching it with my own eyes. get it now?

Jan 28, 2011

I do get it...so I will tell you what. I will get the message across for you that you don't like his behavior. I will call this Ruby Tuesday store and point them in the direction of this post. Fair enough?

Jan 29, 2011

My family and I went there not too long ago and I had personally seen him get drinks from the bar and could smell the alcohol on his breath when he asked me how my meal was. Other friends of mine who have gone to this resteraunt have told me similar stories as well. So, without actually taking pictures of the man doing so, what more proof do you want? The service and food was fine, but the general manager, Aaron, should not be drinking on the job. Period.

Jan 29, 2011

I should have also mentioned that I did e-mail the district manager, Tom Mazza, on 1/19, and received no response, so I am not too sure what that does for you either.

Jan 29, 2011

You may be right, but a simple return e-mail acknowledging the situation would have been nice and yes, we no longer go there to eat due to this as do my friends. I know it doesn't mean much to their corporation to lose a group of about ten customers, but they should be aware of their personnel and their actions. I think that's all this original complaint was about in the first place. One of my friends, who is a former Ruby Tuesday employee, informed me that no employees, especially the general manager, is supposed to drink on the job. That's why I voiced my opinion on this matter.

• Na
      Mar 31, 2011

Why does a restaurant only offer one type of diet drink? What if you can't drink caffiene?

•   Mar 31, 2011

Then drink water.

•   Mar 31, 2011

Besides, what does diet have to do with caffeine? Most restaurants only offer one diet drink. And I've never known one to carry caffeine free ones.

• Po
      Mar 31, 2011

Exactly as Julie said water is diet and caffeine-free. So is milk and juice.

• Je
      Apr 22, 2011

I work at Ruby Tuesday and have for a while, I would just like to tell you that your entire complaint has been passed on to head quarters and will be addressed properly.

• Co
      May 12, 2011

I had been employed at ruby tuesday in kannapolis north carolina for about six months . I no im not perfect everyone has there moments but i was a hard worker hardly ever called in sick, AND EVEN ON MY DAYS WENT IN WHEN THEY NEEDED ME . About a week ago i got a phone call from anthony stanley the general manager calling to imform me that i was fired . i am concidering takin this to the next level because it is not fair on my behalf . anthony and i have been having problems because one thursday i was supposed to be at court and he was refusing to let me leave work which is illegal to hold someone from court thenstarted complaining about how ive been getting sick to much at work and moody at which i try to maintain but its hard being pregnant . He has made several smartcomments towards me since ive been pregnant that i need to keep my legs closed ..use condoms and so forth . anthony has a huge problems when it comes to talking with the people that work for him including other managers, he's extremly bipolar and thinks because he's the general mamger he can treat people how he pleases and thats not how it should be . When he called to tell me i was fired he had told me that he and all the other managers got togther and had ameeting and they all agreed i should be fired at which he lied because i spoke to one of the managers and had no idea i was even let go . i dont believe i should have been fired what so ever i guess the matter goes from here

• Co
      May 16, 2011

i have spoken to other managers and they have even told me i shouldnt have been let go i honestly dont believe i should have lost my job and i needed that job to help me pay for whats to come of my pregnacey .if i deserved to get fired the i would take it in and exsecpted it but i didnt there fore im considering getting a lawyer just because i dont think its right for someone thats suppose to be called the gm to be able to disrespect his co workers like that its not just me its to other people as well and i will fight to do the right thing

• Mo
      May 16, 2011

You'd been there for apx 6 months and "hardly ever called in sick"...at a lot of places an employee is on probation for their first 6 months. You're still a new hire at six months, so looks really bad to be calling in sick that early on. They probably saw the writting on the wall. Go to work when you're supposed to at your next job.

Jun 20, 2011

It seems too me that if an employee is dis-respected at all regardless the situation it should be dealt with .Managers on power trips, or with god-complexes talk too employees like they are ignorant..Same thing is happening at the Ruby Tuesdays where I work, and nothing is being done about it people work their ### off too be belittled, or in better words INSULTED in front of coworkers! I work at the one in Slidell Louisiana, and there are a few of us about too either file a complaint see if that works, or talk to an attorney, and yes most lawyers will take this case, for the simple fact that these managers make it a hostile work enviroment with there i'm better than everyone attitude!!If that dont work try deflamation of character!

Jun 20, 2011

Oh the mangers with the i'm better than you so shut up or i'll send you home attitude, is the CM, and GM check it out ask employees and see what you get !

• Sh
      Jun 20, 2011

Dont post ### unless you have something too say, it's people like you that make the world suck !! Now shut the ### up, and dont post ### unless it's relevant!

Jun 20, 2011

Wow this must be little ### managers for rubys getting upset because people are actually stepping up and saying they are tired of being treated badly..SAd !!!

• J1
      Aug 01, 2011

I don't know if or when the next time you see this will be, but you should talk to the EEOC it doesn't matter if it is an at will state or not. There are certain reasons you have an option to form a complaint against your company for. It doesn't matter whether you contact the HR dept at the corporate office or not. You need to act soon, as your time to file may end sooner than you'd hope for. The truth is this, most people don't file for several reasons... and don't let someone tell you your rights. All lawyers won't be up front, but if your case is due to discrimination due to your pregnancy you can file there. The ACLU is backed up with complaints and only take on the class action types now, but refer you to attorneys in your area who may be able to help... be it pro-bono, or what ever. Lets just say this... if you have anyone you worked with that can vouch for you and wouldn't tell the GM what your complaint against him was, you'll need that evidence. The EEOC does all the leg work for you at no cost, and mediation is the 1st step. You only have 180 days, and if an office is less than 50 miles away from you, try and go. It is up to you, but the thing is this goes on your record. Integrity now days is everything, with states at 9% or greater unemployment rates, you have entirely too much competition out there. You could still be rehired by the company at a completely different location, and the same director could approve of your rehire after the fact. If the manager will go on the record saying that they had no clue, then that's another story. The company may at that time take action against the GM (rare). Oh, I am in an at will state with my own charge against the company for completely different reasons.
    Good luck with everything, and congrats on the baby.

Nov 12, 2011

Obviously this problem has not been addressed properly since the general manager in question still holds a position at ruby tuesday's in latham. I must admit that it seems pretty immature that there are people responding negatively to the person who has initially posted this complaint. Apparently they forgot what website it was that they have come to. The name of it is compaintsboard.com, meaning a place to complain about issues that you have a problem with. Apparently the problem that is occurring at the restaurant is going to have to have some other way to be properly resolved than this website or trying to discuss these issues with the higher ups in this corporation.

• Na
      Mar 28, 2012

Okay, now this doesn't have to do with this about ruby tuesday. So who's ever out there explain to me why can a food & beverage manager can take sips of beer while working on the job, she's putting a bad example out for her employee's, Someone let me know who I can speak to about this situation before it get's out of hand, cuz she does this all the time in front of her employee's.
    And who should I go to! I work at a golf course and there's camera's but she doesn't let them see her, she hids it, she cover's it up. She's been there for now 3yrs and she get's away with i, and a whole lot more.

• Ca
      Apr 10, 2012

They also have minute maid light lemonade made with basically the same non-sugar sweetener used in diet drinks and they don't have any caffeine in them.

• Re
      Mar 03, 2016

Missy the manager of the Gilbert store at San Tan Village,

We dined at you restaurant on Tuesday late afternoon. Wish we had not. My wife has severe head pain. For almost 3 years. I came in to ask if the music could be shut down a lot or off. Could we get a quiet table. The answer was yes. After being seated the volume was still very loud. The waitress said she would talk to the manager, Missy and said it would be shut down. Still no noticeable difference, I went to the bartender and he said he would take care of it. Still no change, we ate quickly and left never to go to your place again.

• My
      May 09, 2016

Can you help me get a letter remove off my name so i can cash my check its spelled jameree they had added another e to my name its spelled jamere .I work for ruby tuesday an they said this is the only way to get it done thank you

• My