RSS*Grants.com / Unauthorized credit card charge

We just found out that the exact same thing happened to us. I didn't recognize the name of the company when checking our banking account online so I asked my husband if he is familiar with it and boy is he! He is furious! He ordered the CD for $1.98 and since then we have been charged $59.95 twice in less than a week as well as an additional charge of $17.45 by RSS*PAIDSURVEYSDATABAS.com. First we called the company who insisted my husband authorized the charges and when my husband insisted they reimburse us they guy said "Fine, I'll put in for a reimbusement fund" and hung up on him. After seeing all the complaints online, we immediately called our bank to report the scam. We cancelled my husbands debit card and are hoping the bank will reimbuse for these fees. In the meantime, I am filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. Consumers be aware of yet another online scam!

Comments

Wi
  2nd of May, 2009

2 days after receiving their rediculous cd, which made absolutely no sense to me at all, I found my debit card had been charged $59.95. For what, I have no idea! Leaving me with a balance of $15.99. I was unable to contact anyone as I couldn't even find a phone number to call. The only thing I found was a site that was up for sale. I have no income whatsoever, which is why I was desparate enough to waste the $1.98 for the cd in the first place. If anyone has a phone number to call these shysters I would really appreciate it.My name is William G. Tice, (941-358-9376)

Je
  27th of May, 2009
RSS*Grants.com - they said there was a one time payment and they are still taking money every month I want them to stop taking money out of my bank I feel raped
RSS*Grants.com
Newark
California
Phone: 510 3035440
jelovejoy2003@yahoo.com

I was giving the IDEAthat this was a one time price but they are still taking money from my account and have been for a while.please help me I live on SSA and it is not enouph for them to keep this up !

Jo
  1st of Jul, 2009

Same as above.
Authorised payment $1.98 for CD then later discovered Charges for $59.95, and also $17.45 for RSSpaidsurveys.com, which i had never even heard of!
The phone number i have for the company is a disconnected line and have no response to my email to them insisting they refund the unauthorised charges to my credit card.
DO NOT HAVE DEALINGS WIOTH THIS COMPANY!
Jon K.

Do
  18th of Jul, 2009

All of what is stated in the the comments before me is how I feel. TWhe item that I do not hear or feel in those comments is anger or frustration, like i feel. I would like to go to jail to correct the mistake that was made by allowing the scam to go on!!

Ba
  8th of Aug, 2009

yeah its rediculus when *ssholes abuse the dreams of others when they really want to better themselves and get ripped off by sorry son of a b!+c# . Oh well, thats what I get for thinking there are really grants for people. I mean the government bails out the people for a change lol lol On my behalf I am dumb as hell to honestly think it is possible that they cared. Oh well and Roll Tide

Pk
  11th of Aug, 2009
rss@grants.com - credit card charges
personal
1590 East 172nd Street
Bronx
New York
Phone: 917-969-9214

i asked for the payment to be discontinued and they continue to take it out.

Jo
  13th of Sep, 2009

Same thing has happen to me, they contionue to withdraw from card
any ideas on what to do ?
Joe G