RRI / Collection

1 CA, United States Review updated:

I own a small Bail Bonds company in California. I received an email from this company and I thought I would give it a try. Patricia Johnson or at least she said that was her name contacted me and we spoke about my business and how she could help. She would constantly call me and sweet talk me into giving her my files. Well I was some what overworked and finally in December 2008 I sent her approximately 10 files. Full files confidential and all. What a mistake... My clients started calling me complaining about harrassing calls from RRI. They were threats of jail and people losing thier homes. One person was so distrought I told them not to worry that I would work something out with them. Next thing I know I am getting sued by RRI for a breach of contract for $21, 504.48. Everytime I try to speak with someone they are rude and tell me that they will call back. I am intending to seek legal advice. To this day they have collected funds that they have not reported to me and will not return my calls. I am contacting the Secretary of state of the state of Floridaand filling a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission.

Aa

Comments

• Pj
      5th of Jun, 2009

RRI has collected money on accounts I gave them and will not give me a report or my funds. You are right about Patricia Johnson - she is all helpfull till she gets your accounts and then Thomas Graham who is supposed to be my contact will not return any calls. Using this ripoff company was a big mistake.

• He
      10th of Jul, 2009

We are having a problem with them as well. They contacted us in the beginning of 2009 about using them for our collection services. We said we'd get back to them and proceeded to research them on the internet. That's where we found out all about their bad business practices and fines by the FTC.
    They continue to call and harrass us. We had Patricia Johnson for a while, and now Tom Graham is calling. He is incredibly rude and abusive. And we're supposed to be potential clients for him. I can't imagine how badly they treat debtors if judging by the way we've been treated.
    If they call you, hang up. Don't give them any information.

• Gi
      2nd of Jun, 2010

Thank you for the information. We are a small bonding company also. Patricia has contacted our office about our outstanding cases. Patricia was very insistant that we send her our files so something didn't seem right. Thank You for the info. I asked for a contract and it didn't seem complete. "If it seems to good to be true it usually isn't".
    Ginger

• La
      23rd of Jun, 2011

Slander is the oral communication of false statements that are harmful to a person's reputation. If the statements are proven to be true, it is a complete defense to a charge of slander. Oral opinions that don't contain statements of fact don't constitute slander. Slander is an act of communication that causes someone to be shamed, ridiculed, held in contempt, lowered in the estimation of the community, or to lose employment status or earnings or otherwise suffer a damaged reputation. Slander is a subcategory of defamation.

The basic elements of a claim of slander include;

a defamatory statement;
    published to third parties; and
    which the speaker or publisher knew or should have known was false.
    Slander is primarily covered under state law, but is subject to First Amendment guarantees of free speech. The scope of constitutional protection extends to statements of opinion on matters of public concern that do not contain or imply a provable factual assertion. If the slander unjustly accused you of a crime or reflected on your profession, the court or jury can assess the damages. For other types of slander you generally must prove some actual damage to be able to recover.

Slander of title is a common law tort involving a disparaging remark regarding ownership of property. It affects the owner's ability to transfer the property, resulting in a monetary loss. Please ID your self and stop hiding behind the internet because your upset, cause you did nt get your way about something for thoose who have Id them self. Thank you so much for documentation of proof.