RPO Chandigarh / harassment of customers!

1 India Review updated:

I was going through the instructions mentioned on the passport application form before filling. I have been issued passport from your regional office having details:

Name: ravi bhushan sood
D. o. b.: 27/10/1952
Date of issue: 28/09/2006
Pp no.: g0036851

While filling the application form I had furnished all the particulars and the documents required to support all information provided therewith. I have been issued the passport but it says ecr (emigration check required), despite the fact that I had provided all the supporting documents. my wife was also issued passport with error in spouse's name and no endorsement of ecnr. to rectify the above listed errors we have been asked for rs.300/- per error.

I want to know, where there are penalties for providing wrong information, what actions are to be taken according to your instruction book against staff for dereliction of duty and filing wrong information in passports.

Is there any redressal of customers' grievances?

Kind regards,
Ravi bhushan sood
Email: cedar. view@yahoo.co.in
Mob no: [protected]

Comments

• Lo
      17th of Sep, 2007

I submitted my passport application 8 months back with in a month police enquiry successfully accomplished.but i don't get my passport or any information till date. i posted more than three mail to RPO chandigarh mail id(grvchd@nic.in) to know the status of my passport but RPO chandigarh not replying. I also copy to Ministry of External Affairs Delhi mail id (grv.jscpv@mea.gov.in). Nobody is answering whats wrong with my passport.Why r they taking so much time ?

Passport Query Reg: File Ref. No-Z36014407 of LOKESH SHARMA

i applied my passport document in january 2005 but my passport is not ready

• Ra
      18th of Feb, 2008

Dear Sir

Meri Police verification ko one month ho gya hai.
    AAP ke Status ke According Meri verification nahi Ponche hai. please write me what i do ?
    my Email - rakeshrana3012@yahoo.com and mo.number is 09988910323

RAKESH CHAUHAN

• Ad
      12th of Mar, 2008

I have not received passport from RPO chandigarh for last ten months.

Applied on 26 april 2007

• Va
      28th of Mar, 2008

Dear sir,
    I am apply my passport on28/11/2007. But my passport status showing my passport is in process . Sir it's too long time.I want to going abroad for higher study. Sir please issue my passport . I shall be very thankful to you for this . My contact no. is 9855202333, 9815555798.

• Ra
      2nd of May, 2008

I submitted my passport application 6 months back with in a month police enquiry successfully accomplished.but i don't get my passport or any information till date. i posted more than one mail to RPO chandigarh mail id(grvchd@nic.in) to know the status of my passport but RPO chandigarh not replying.

Rakesh Chauhan
    File no.- b013966
    App. date - 20-11-07
    mo. - 9988910323

• Ni
      3rd of May, 2008

Dear sir,
    My sister have submitted her passport application on 26th of march 2008 and her police enquiry was done on 12th of april 08 successfully but she did not get any information regarding the processing of her passport till date because the RPO, chd site was late updated on 11th of april.I have also sent a mail to propg@mea.gov.in but there is no response from their side and i have also called up on tele enquiry services many times but nobody picked up the phone.She need her passport as early as possible so if u could send me the information regarding her passport process at the above said email id i shall be very thankful to u.
    Furthermore, i would also like to suggest that the concerned sites should n must be updated timely to avoid the inconvinence of customers.
    File ref no. is D002153 and my contact number is 98727-80768, 94170-20733
    Daljinder Singh

• Pr
      16th of May, 2008

he is fraud person he is having two passport by different names same snaps.i have the the document of him.he is working in reliance company.may be he is having links with militants also, pease tell me what can i do so that i can sumit the thing in safe hands i dont want to come in the picture.thanks waiting for your reply

• Ha
      20th of May, 2008

Sir,
    With due respect, it is submitted that on 20/11/07, I applied for endorsement of my passport. My File No. is R-041614. Despite several visits to your office, even after a period of almost 6 months, my passport is still awaited. Kindly do the needful for issue of my passport without further delay.

• Am
      22nd of May, 2008

respected sir with due respect we have applied applications for our two passports on 18 march 2008 we have not recieved yet the details of the person written below
    name amandeep singh
    reciept no p375

• Am
      22nd of May, 2008

respected sir
    with due respect sir we have applied application for passport on 18 march 2008 we have not recieved passport yet the details of the file no below
    name rajinder kaur d/o joginder singh
    receipt no p225
    file no A018917
    key ref no 6501891708
    SAS NAGAR MOHALI
    dat of birth 15 may 1964

• Si
      18th of Jul, 2008

Dear Sir,

meri police verification ko ek month ho gaya.But abhi tak net par meri koi processing nahi hoye.Sir main IELTS kar raha hoon.Please mujhe jald passport issue kiya jaye.mera file reference no. A035060 hai. Please sir help me. my contect no. 9855392593

Simranjot Singh

• Ni
      21st of Sep, 2008

my mother smt niranjan kaur applied for passport in 2007.her no is A069245.police verification is completed long back.she is 77yrs old.passport is still awaited pl advise

• Pa
      14th of Oct, 2008

Sir,
    Please inform that what's wrong with my Application Vide File No CHD M 004270 dated 15-May-2007.You are requested to please look in to the matter and take necessary action to complete my Passport.
    Thanks,
    Palak sood

• Pa
      19th of Nov, 2008

Dear.Sir, After your mail sending to Chandigarh regional office, i have not received any response and seriousness that's why i am again sending the mail and requesting you to please inform your people to let me know the passport status at the earliest. I am very surprised and disappointed after correspondence with you, still i am awaiting for the reply, No response from your end, I am very surprised to send the mail to Indian Chief Passport officer the inquiry, not got any response so far. I explained to you the problem i am facing and that's why requesting you to look into the matter but am very much surprised not to get any response from your end.Even i do not see the passport status in the computer, it is still not been updated. As i am NRI and facing the problem need your help to solve the issue. Appreciate your urgent reply. Thanks for your cooperation. Thanks&Regards Pawan

30th of Jan, 2009

File Ref. No-Z06866507-CHD
    Name: ANMOL JAIN
    Application Date :12/13/2007
    Status :Please contact RPO to know status
    Sir,
    This is for the 3rd time I am writing to you but I have not received any reply as yet. As demanded by you, I have submitted all the proofs at your office again but still there has been no change in the status since then. Kindly look into the matter and issue me the passport as soon as possible and oblige. It’s been quite a delay and I need the passport soon for my official visits. I mailed you regarding the same earlier as well but no action has been takes till the time. Hope to get a favorable reply from your end this time as it has been almost an year I applied for the passport but still has not got any progress in the case.

anmol jain

• Hi
      16th of Feb, 2009

Dear Sir,
    I submitted my passport application 16months back with in a month police enquiry successfully accomplished.but i don't get my passport or any information till date.i want to know the status of my passport but RPO chandigarh not replying. Nobody is answering whats wrong with my passport.Why r they taking so much time ?
    File no:CHDW46581007
    Key no:9746581007
    Receipt no:EE781019247IN
    PLEASE CONTACT RPO CHANDIGARH TO KNOW STATUS
    HIMANSHU SHARMA

• Su
      2nd of Sep, 2009

with due respect sir i received a letter from ur Department as i m giving the descriptio below, i cant able to understand this, pls tell me in detail about this...
    File No.CHDRO2049109
    Teh.Baghapurana
    Disit Moga Pb.142038

Sub:-GRANT OF PASSPORT FACILITIES

Sir/madam,
    with reference to ur application/letter dt.11/08/09 on the subject cited above the request to you furnish the desired information/documents within one month falling, wich is ur application will be treated as closed.
    FURNISH COPY OF SPOUSE PASSPORT

TAHNX
    WAITING FOR UR REPLY

• Ga
      5th of Sep, 2009

meri police verification ko ek month ho gaya.But abhi tak net par meri koi processing nahi hoye.Sir main IELTS kar raha hoon.Please mujhe jald passport issue kiya jaye.mera file reference no. CHD-Z390612 my contact number is 09315385441

17th of May, 2010

sir
    my name is manpreet singh and living in kothi no 1779 phase 7 mohali. sir i submit my document for renew my passport in sec 34 (passport) office file no chdk00212010. today a letter come from yours office forsubmit new form 1 and all documents. but i have submit my all document. kindly give a information of your letter. what can i do.
    thanking you