RPM - Receivables Performance Management LLC / Management scam!

1 1930 220th SE, Suite 101Bothell, WA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 866-212-7408

Had multiple calls from this number on my caller ID over several weeks- no message each time. I finally was available when they called this evening, and tried to tell me that I owed $200.91 to WorldCom wireless. I had a WorldCom cell phone, oh, about 7 years ago - they, um, if you didn't already know, went out of business many years ago and sold out to AT&T. My phone number, account, bill, outstanding payments, EVERYTHING transferred automatically to AT&T.

'Cynthia' tried to explain herself by saying it's been passed through several collection agencies, so that's why it's taken so long to 'catch up to me' - and that they mailed me a collection letter three months ago, and I had 30 days to dispute it, whether I received the letter or not. Demanded payment over the phone, offered me a $40 discount if I paid in full right then and there. I informed her that NOBODY SHOULD EVER GIVE PERSONAL INFORMATION OVER THE PHONE when someone has called them, duh, that's the easiest way to steal someone's financial information and identity - and that if she could fax me proof that I owed the money I would call her back and make the payment.

She refused, and told me that if I didn't pay while I was on the phone with her, she would mark my account 'Refused to Coooperate' and that I would then have to pay 'involuntarily', and that my place of work (she actually said 'if you have a job') would be contacted.

She was very insulting, implied that I was a complete deadbeat and had been purposely trying to avoid the debt. I'm not a deadbeat - if I really owed the money, I'll own up to it and make the payment. Refused to put her supervisor on - actually tried to tell me that she didn't know her supervisors name!

I finally got her to give me my 'account number' and an 800 number to call back to make my payment, and as soon as I got off the phone ran my credit report - what do you know, there's nothing delinquent on my entire credit report. Oh, and I called the number she gave me, I got a recording that 'all of the agents were too bust' to take my call.

DO NOT GIVE THESE PEOPLE MONEY!!

Va

Comments

• Er
      15th of Jan, 2008

Send a "cease and desist" letter to their mailing address, using certified mail. You can find a copy on Bud Hibbs' website (Google it). Sounds like a bottom-feeder agency who buys older debts. Don't send them a dime.

• Sh
      25th of Feb, 2008

Just a few minutes ago I dealt with RPM about an account that I needed to pay off. I was repsonsible for the payment, however, they treated me like I was a criminal. They wanted to be treated like people, yet they have no idea what is going on in other peoples lives that has caused them to have an account in collections. It was less than 500 dollars... they acted like I owed them a million dollars. They were so unbelievably rude to me. I was offered a settlement amount but wanted to pay the full amount so it would show o my credit that I paid in full and did not accept a settlement. I was at work when I called so I was going to call again after I left work and pay over the phone. The first call was to find out the total balance. When i told the woman I would call back with payment, she immediately started to harass me saying "Why did you even call in the first place if you aren't going to pay right now." When I told her I was at work and didn't have time to set it up right that minute, she said "Well you had time to make the first call." I was shocked at the innapropriate behavior and asked to speak to the supervisor. He was no better and told me if I didn't end up calling back to pay that day he would call my employers and my "PARENTS"...yes can you believe it??? I told him that I was being treated obviously like a child and a CRIMINAL. He then went on to ask me why i wanted to pay the full balance and not the settlement. I told him my reason and he laughed like I was not telling the truth... then said that most people who want the full balance are filing bankrupsty.. and then laughed. So basically he made assumptions, passed judegment, treated me like a child... and laughed at me. I don't know how these people can talk to people this way... I have never been so insulted in my entire life.

• Sc
      31st of Aug, 2008

HEY RPM!! DIE IN A FIRE!!!