RPM Construction / Unethical behavior - registered sex offenders entering everyday people's homes with no warning

Lake Dallas, TX, United States Review updated:

After dealing with several roofing companies I have decided not to use RPM Construction in Lake Dallas, Texas currently. Before allowing such a company enter your home do a address search for the business address and see for your self as I did. This company is working out of a home in Lake Dallas that links to a Registered Sex Offender. Donnie Ray Finchum A.K.A Donnie Ray and Donnie Finchum married to Jamie Potter AKA Jamie Finchum. This information I found when I did a business address search for the address listed. 512 N Shady Shores Dr. Lake Dallas, Texas 75065. Come to find out they also employee another registered sex offender Jason Lee A.K.A Jason Lee Ivey and Jason Ivey. The problem I have is they do not announce these things before coming into homes in the neighborhood. I'm not 100 percent on the rules but I am very upset this is happening to customers like my self in the area.

Please see the following Links:
Donnie Ray
Donnie Ray Finchum

and another sales rep:
Jason Lee
Jason Lee Ivey

These guys are all over Facebook and other media sites only using part of the two guys names. Donnie Ray and Jason Lee.

K7
Jun 17, 2016

Comments

• K7
      Jun 17, 2016

Thats just a little frightning knowing they can just enter any persons home.

• K2
      Jun 27, 2016

This is obviously an attack on a business. They just created their account and posted on this site and others trying to destroy a company through slander This is malicious and not a real customer obviously ... Wow.

• W2
      Jun 29, 2016
    Best Best Advice

well k21278 your account was just created 2 days ago. The above comment is not slander as the registered sex offender website does confirm that Donnie Ray Finchum and Jason Lee Ivey are registered sex offenders. Now that being said, I think that they have a right to try and support themselves but also believe that they have a duty to inform prospective clients that they are on the registry if they enter the homes of prospective clients. Otherwise they are still being sneeky and this is not the behavior that we should expect from people that are thought to be reformed. Our children are our greatest treasure and should be protected at all costs. I believe k21278 you may be either one of the above mentioned persons or closely affiliated with the company to post that this is slanderous especially since anyone can easily pull them up on the national sex offender registry.

Jul 07, 2016

Bottom line this entire issue is completely ridiculous. After filing a complaint with the BBB I asked not to be contacted by RPM Construction as my resolution and guess what happens? They have contacted me on several occasions when asked not to and even better, the BBB would not help with the situation at all they would not even call me regarding this issue. The case was dropped and we have sex offenders just popping in and out of homes all through the neighborhood. RPM do me a favor and do not contact me or my wife ever again like I've asked this is not a joke.

Jul 29, 2016

I could not believe these guys. They are so high pressure! They installed my neighbors roof and they have been out three times repairing it. I did consider using them but I found out that they employ sex offenders. I can't believe these guys are allowed to go in pepoles homes. Scary! I called News 4 and they may do a story. Lock Your doors if you see RPM construction in your neighborhood.

Beware

Sep 12, 2016

We again have been contacted by this RPM Sex Offender Roofing and Construction Company. This time my family was home while I was working and Donnie Ray Finchum made contact with my wife while my children were home with her alone. This is not acceptable how can the community be safe with sex offenders walking around doing outside sales without consent? Any advise would be greatly appreciated on this matter.

Apr 22, 2018

WE SHOULD BE CAREFUL WHEN LOOKING AT SOMEONES PAST WITHOUT KNOWING THE FULL STORY

We have personal gotten to know this family and there is always two sides to every story...that being said everyone deserves a second chance, they were both in college when said offenses happened, and if you talk the owners you would know its not what you think, as far as their business ethics, they were spot on. They also remodeled my home and redid my mother in laws roof. i was very pleased with the process and overall result.. they have been published in two articles with a local magazine and do a charity roof every year for a homeowner who was taken advantage of by a dishonest contractor.

when hurricane harvey hit houston tx their company was one of the first ones down there helping people...horrible I know...

• 12
      May 15, 2019

@Max H The girls were 11, 13 and 14!!!

Apr 22, 2018