Royal Sundaram / Charging renewal of premium twice!

1 India Review updated:

The Royal Sundaram Alliance Insurance Company Limited authorities contacted me over phone during April 2005 and forced me to take HEALTH SHIELD INSURANCE. Finally I agreed for me and for my family @Rs.100000/-(Sum Insured) for four members. During April 2005 they charged Rs.4252/- to SBI card. During April 2006 they renewed the policy with intimation and charged Rs.5102/-to my SBI card.I paid promptly all the amounts to SBI card.

Again it was observed that in the statement dated 5Th April 2007 of SBI card,the Royal Sundaram Alliance, Chennai charged Rs.3262/- and Rs.4330/- on 31.03.2007.The Royal Sundaram renewed the policy without prior intimation and my permission.They also charged twice a day a huge amount without any intimation and permission. SBI card also paid the amount without any clarification and acted as a agent for Royal Sundaram. This is highly injustice.

Comments

Mr
  20th of Feb, 2009

Dear sir,

I am intrested to start a new concept for all insurance companies in Kolhapur, as telecalling for renewal premium collection .
Due to some resion agent or company can not able to collect lots of premium .

I need that kind of agency form your company .

Thanks
Yoggita Shah
kolhapur

Sa
  23rd of Jun, 2009

Hi
In November 2006, I was offered health shield from Royal Sundaram on account of credit card holder of Manhattan. The policy was for 2 years. On November 5 2008, Royal Sundaram auto renewed the policy and Manhattan quitely paid the amount to Royal Sundaram without my consent. I understand Manhatan and Royal Sundaran are in hand and glove in cheating innocent customers with such malpractices.

We should bring these cases to the notice of banking Ombudsman and consumer courts.
Together we can and together we will get the justice.

Sanjay Kumar Singh