Royal Sundaram Alliance Insurance / Frauds in royal sundaram alliance insurance

India Review updated:
The Royal Sundaram Alliance Insurance Company Limited authorities contacted me over phone during May 2008 and forced/convenience me to take health policy for Rs.3999 for my mother after a long call.
For this policy I gave my name as a nominee. After 2 months, one person from Royal sundaram Alliance called me in the month of July 2008 and asked me "Whether you have received a nominee card for your mother's policy???". I said that "No, didn't receive anything along with my mother's policy". He replied me that, it if free of cost for nominees of Health insurance subscribers and with this card nominees can get some hospital reimbursement facilities also he told that he will arrange a call their Bangalore Royal sundaram Alliance office for processing nominee card. For this they will ask same questions what they asked while processing yopur mother's card and you should say the same answers (Yes for yes &No for no, as I told already for my mother). Also you need to give the same credit card # and acceptance for deduction the amount form you card. I asked him, why should I say yes to deducted the amount form my card, he replied that this for process free nominee card and if the BOTH the replies (Answer for the questions asked while processing my mother's a/c and current answers) should SYNC to process, otherwise they won't process my nominee card. They will ask the same questions but should not deducted any amount form your card actually. Since I received a call from Royal Sundaram authorities and he told about my mother's policy details accurately (policy name, date of purchase, amount, ...) I trust him. As he told I got a call after 5 minutes from Royal sundaram Bangalore office, they asked the same questions and I replied back with same answers (including yes to deduct Rs.4018 from my card). then I forgot this matter, with in a week I received that health card in my name. But today I have received my Credit card statement and SHOCKED, Rs.4018 deducted in favor of Royal sundaram Alliance, Bangalore. Immediately I called customer care and explain everything, they asked the person who called me. I forgot his name since I got his call a month back. So they said that it is difficult (almost not possible) to trace that person since we have lot of branches. I asked them anyhow for each and every policies processed they should give incentives to that corresponding person. So, please check the person who referred this ploicy. They said it is very very difficult. So finally I asked them to cancel my policy, and they replied me that they will deduct 15% of the amount for cancellation charges and remain will reach me with in a week.
Why should I loose 15% of Rs.4018 from my pocket??? the real culprit is in Royala Sundaram, they can easily trace by checking the refereed person of my policy bu they said can't. Please any one help/update me about the steps I can take against RSA for this matter. Shall I go to Consumer court?? Please advice.

Comments

Ja
  28th of Aug, 2008
Hi, After raised my complaint with Royal Sundaram Customer Service, they immediately responded me and returned back the entire amount Rs.4018 to my Credit card without any loss from myside. So, I'm planned to continue my mother's policy with Royal Sundaram further. Their response was very good and very kind. So, I would like to recall my complaint about Royal sundaram from this site. THANKS TO ROYAL SUNDARAM for their kind Customer Service!
Ka
  12th of Sep, 2008
Dear Sir

My self is Kapil Dev Vashisth, Mobile no. 09810054954. My request is that i have applied for a mediclaim policy for my family ( 1. Kapil Dev Vashisth 2. Mrs. Sunita Vashisth 3. Kartik Vashisth) before 1 and half month. My cheque is already debited from my account in 25-July-08 but still i have not recieved my mediclaim cards. I am also doing followup from last 1 month from your delhi & chennai customer care office. But still i have not recived any appropriate answer from chennai office.

My cheque detail is given below
Cheque No. 774845
Amount 3071/-
Bank HDFC Bank Ltd.

I request you please sort out my problem ASAP.

I am also attached my bank statement for your reference.

Regards
Kapil Dev Vashisth
Bi
  13th of Nov, 2008
Today morning I got a call on my mobile from Bangalore "Royal Sundaram Alliance Insurance Company" from a person who named me as Karan Joshi. He convinced me that I am calling from SBI credit cards. We are presently paying an amount of Rs.21000/- as a bonus for holding the card for more than 3 years without any repayment required from your side. And this amount will come to your account after 2 hours. But before that do not try to do any transactions for at least two hours. He also collected the details regarding me including the credit card number. I gave all the informations thinking that he is really from SBI cards department.

Further, he also told me that only an amount from your card will be deducted towards income tax and insurance. For the purpose you will be getting a confirmation call from Royal Sundaram and what ever she asks just tell yes. Accordingly, a call came immediately and I told yes for what she asked. So in this way I agreed to take an amount of Rs.5890/- from my account towards insurance hoping that I will be getting the balance of Rs.15000/- from cards.

But, when I checked after 3 hours my credit card through online, I was shocked to see that they have already taken an amount of Rs.5890/- without any further amount being deposited in my account.

Now I learnt that Royal Sundaram Insurance, Bagalore played a foul game with me and took away my money.

Kindly let me know what to do and how to recover my money.

Regards

Biswaranjan Mishra
Um
  24th of Nov, 2008
Hi,
I am one of the cheated customer who had trusted royal sundaram insurance plans and had availed one. This is a complaint regard to cashless health card, which i had taken for my mother a few months back. She was ill now and the doctor advised her to get admitted for some days(after we were informed that the heath card we have is valid), after she had recovered, we produced our health card with all the documents and one of the guy from royal sundaram had visited the hospital to collect the docs and submit to their headoffice. This was 2 days before the dischrage. Since we have to pay the bill, the billing department complained us that your insurance is not benn approved yet. We have been calling the claim office on the no: 9845275820(Mrinal Das) and 08041126237, as these nos were given behind the health card, now theses people arent responding to our issues and we are seriously running of solutions to discharge my mother from the hospital. Please advice what should we do?is this not cheating, these people are fraud and dont give proper srvice to the customer, and we are all cheated...
Ni
  8th of Apr, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
i had my car topled...the actual sum work done was 4, 10, 000 and the ssum assesed by insurance person ws 3, 30, 000...now the company has said me to pay a sum of 1 50, 000 ie 37% of the sum..if d thins r lik dis...thn wats d use of insurance...
Di
  8th of Apr, 2009
I purchased an Indica registration no WB02Y6099 from Lexus Motors, Kolkata in 2007.The car is registered in my name (Mrs Dipanwita Sengupta). The car was insured with Bajaj Alliance(IDV Rs 341126) in 2007. The insurance came up for renewal in Oct 2008. I received a call from the DSA of Royal Sundaram Alliance Insurance Co. Ltd. in Kolkata ( Agency code:AG004763). I was sent a quotation by mail for car insurance based on an idv of Rs 290000 - premium of Rs 6886. Based on my agreeing to the quotation, a person collected a cheque of Rs 6886/- in your companys name from my house. However when the policy reached me, to my surprise, I saw it carrying an incorrect name: MR DIPANWITA SENGUPTA as well as a reduced IDV of Rs 247587. I called up thier office in Kolkata numerous times but they are unwilling to take any steps.They are admitting that a mistake has been made by the agency but they are not ready to rectify it. I have called them several times during the last 6 months, and every time I receive an answer that they are looking into it and have sent it to the HO for approval. I know as a fact that it is a lie because the last time they accepted my calls, they admitted that no steps have been taken. I was even advised to pay an additional amount to get the IDV which was quoted to me. Please advice what should I do? Is this not cheating, these people are fraud and dont give proper srvice to the customer, and we are all cheated.